Search this Thread

Old 12-14-08, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Californication -- "La Petite Mort" -- Season Finale -- 12/14/08

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Hank puts the finishing touches on his biography of Ashby; unable to find a job as an agent, Charlie takes one at a car dealership; Sonja's baby is born; Hank and Becca are faced with difficult decisions after Karen takes a job in New York.

Old 12-14-08, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A pretty good finale. A little too predictable, but I wasn't expecting another finale like last year.
Old 12-15-08, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
If it gets a third season they should rename the show to 'California'. Where did the fornication go?
Old 12-15-08, 03:06 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gunde
If it gets a third season they should rename the show to 'California'. Where did the fornication go?
'Californication' headed for Season 3

Showtime has greenlighted a third season of its comedy series "Californication."

The premium network has ordered 12 episodes scheduled to go into production in the spring for a late 2009 premiere.

The series stars David Duchovny as Hank Moody, a hedonistic novelist/blogger who struggles to raise his Goth-loving teen daughter (Madeleine Martin), while still carrying a torch for his disapproving ex-girlfriend (Natascha McElhone).

Evan Handler also stars in the series, which is created and executive produced by Tom Kapinos. Duchovny, who won a Golden Globe this year for his role, also exec produces.

"This unapologetic show, about a group of characters led by the inimitable David Duchovny, has quickly established itself as one of our signature comedy series," Showtime president of entertainment Robert Greenblatt said. "Beneath its veneer of debauchery, however, is a complex take on love and adult relationships that surprisingly turns poetic and romantic just when you least expect it."

Through the first six episodes of this season, "Californication" is averaging 2.2 million total viewers, according to Live + 7 and on-demand data.
Old 12-15-08, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I laughed my ass off at Hank celebrating the black baby. The whole "surprise black baby" thing has turned into such a TV cliche, but Hank's reaction made it worth it.
Old 12-15-08, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Glad this got picked up for a third season... I was a little worried.
Old 12-15-08, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was hoping they would all head to NY to film the third season. There are millions of beautiful women in the Big Apple for Hank to sleep with!
Old 12-15-08, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
I was sad to see the Lew Ashby character go - he was awesome. Between Battlestar Galactica, the X-Files movie this summer and Californication I've really gotten to like the actor.

I still want to see it come out that Hank wrote Fucking and Punching. Every time I see that bitch I just want to choke the shit out of her LOL.
Old 12-16-08, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I was sad to see the Lew Ashby character go - he was awesome. Between Battlestar Galactica, the X-Files movie this summer and Californication I've really gotten to like the actor.

I still want to see it come out that Hank wrote Fucking and Punching. Every time I see that bitch I just want to choke the shit out of her LOL.
What sucks is the buttaface doesnt even acknowledge Hank wrote it to him... just runs around taking the fame and credit for it.

And Charlie's wife was a total idiot even while she was drugged out before rehab, in not seeing the situation in front of her...

Definate guilty pleasure show, although I always roll my eyes at what sluts women turn to when around the "irresistable" Hank...
Old 12-17-08, 04:37 AM

Man I wish this wasn't the season finale.
Old 12-17-08, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I loved Ashby's dedication memorial. His cock peeking through the Kilt was hilarious!
Old 12-17-08, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Script notes for season 3: Need more surfer girl.

Also enjoyed the finale, with it tying a lot of subplots up, while opening up more Hank Hijinks for the future.
Old 12-18-08, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

who was the surfer chick again? i know Hank fucked her last season, but i forget which one she was.
Oh and someone has to make a gif of Hank doing the fist pump at the reveal of the black baby.
Old 12-18-08, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Script notes for season 3: Need more naked girls
Fixed
Old 12-18-08, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
who was the surfer chick again? i know Hank fucked her last season, but i forget which one she was.
Oh and someone has to make a gif of Hank doing the fist pump at the reveal of the black baby.
He met her at a liquor store and they went back to his apartment to smoke a j, listen to records, and fuck. When he passed out, she stole his guitar and some records and shit, only to come back later and give them back. She has worn the same exact outfit all 3 times she has appeared on the show.
Old 12-18-08, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
He met her at a liquor store and they went back to his apartment to smoke a j, listen to records, and fuck. When he passed out, she stole his guitar and some records and shit, only to come back later and give them back. She has worn the same exact outfit all 3 times she has appeared on the show.
She is a model that has done work for Guess and other clothing lines. She was in Sports Illustrated Swinsuit Issue as well. Weird, she is well known for her very large breasts, but as Surfer Girl they are not that large???
Old 12-19-08, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
I laughed my ass off at Hank celebrating the black baby. The whole "surprise black baby" thing has turned into such a TV cliche, but Hank's reaction made it worth it.
As soon as they showed her getting ready to give birth, I told my wife the baby would be black, but yeah, the reaction still made it a funny scene.

Originally Posted by bunkaroo

Yeah, I was really bummed out. Ashby had become my favourite character on the show. I'm currently watching Battlestar, but didn't know he was in the X-Files movie. My wife is getting that for Christmas, so I'll look forward to it. I don't think it even played my town.
Old 12-19-08, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I knew Hank wasn't leaving. There would be no way he would let the punk kid keep the Cobain guitar that Ashby gave him!
Old 12-19-08, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by jonw9
I knew Hank wasn't leaving. There would be no way he would let the punk kid keep the Cobain guitar that Ashby gave him!
Heh... I was thinking about that guitar, too...
Old 12-19-08, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ive got a question to in regards to the previous episode, who did the 'Behind Blue Eyes' cover.

edit, never mind i looked it up on wiki, it was sheryl crow

Last edited by Rypro 525; 12-19-08 at 08:03 PM.