Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Entourage *Season Finale* - "Return to Queens Blvd" - 11/23/08

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-08, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, i think they might stay in NY for a while (maybe first 3 episodes of the next season)... with Drama back in LA working on Five Towns, and E just kinda floating around back and forth.
Old 11-26-08, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Just out of curiousity, did anyone think Vince did well in the Smokejumpers scenes? I was more on the director's side on that one.
I agree. I'm not sure if it was purposely done for the show, but Vince really comes across as a bad actor. If I were directing a film and one of my actors delivered a performance like Vince did - I would do the same thing.

I thought they were going to spend next season having Vince work his way back up and prove he could act, but nope, he gets the brass ring with a Scorcese film.
So what are they going to do? They've already done a season with Vince as a big star, E trying to get the next project...
Sadly, I think they're going to give Vince an Oscar nomination for the Scorsese film - so they might do something with him promoting himself.

The way the show uses unrealistic timelines, I'm guessing the season will start with the Scorsese film opening at theatres.
Old 11-26-08, 07:45 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Judge Smails
I thought they were going to spend next season having Vince work his way back up and prove he could act, but nope, he gets the brass ring with a Scorcese film.
This season was Vince working his way back up and proving he could act.
Old 11-26-08, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I dont think anyone will disagree that this season would have benefited from a couple more episodes... but as far as timeline goes, i think they do a decent enough job with it considering. Obviously we cant expect it to be in real time, with 30 minute weekly episodes with 6 month breaks inbetween seasons.
Old 11-26-08, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Goat3001
I think I read somewhere that earlier in the series Vince's career was modeled after Leo's and Mark Wahlbergs. I thought they abandoned that idea in season 3 part 2 when Vince was going after Medellion only to watch it bomb. Maybe instead they just exaggerated Vince's ups and downs to make for more entertaining TV while still keeping that mold of his career being like Leo's/Wahlbergs. If you look at filmography it doesn't seem too ridiculous.

Head On = Anything Leo did before Titanic. I'm thinking Romeo and Juliet. A simple movie. Not a blockbuster but one that people enjoy.

Queens Blvd = Marvin's Room. Not really an indie film but its one that showcased his acting abilities.

Aquaman = Titanic. Obviously.

Medellion = Man in the Iron Mask, The Beach... all follow ups to the biggest movie in history and neither of them suceeded.

Vince's new Scorcese movie = Gangs of New York. Leo's comeback film and the first that established him as a true actor and more than just a pretty boy.

Maybe its a little of a stretch but it is closer than you would think.
I don't think so guy. First of all DiCaprio has been acting since he was like 12. Second of all very early on in his career he proved he had acting chops in What's Eating Gilbert's Grape. The guy was nominated for an Academy Award when he was 18 for this movie. By Ari's admission this season, Vincent Chase has yet to prove he has any real acting chops. Why would Ari lie to him?

The real problem I have with the analogy is the fact that for every movie on Vincent Chase's resume, DiCaprio has five. Part of what makes DiCaprio, DiCaprio is the amount of work on his resume at this point. He just turned 34. Vincent Chase is supposed to be like 30. By the age of 30, DiCaprio had already been in a crapload of very decent movies.

Two things. First I hate DiCaprio. I think he's over rated. Second, the show's creators might have had this idea in mind, but they executed it very poorly. There's no way that Vincent Chase and Leonardo DiCaprio have anything in common outside of being very pretty men.
Old 11-27-08, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Didn't the studio already buy the Smokejumpers script in order to make the film? Would the writers and E already have the initial $1M? I think they missed out on the $2M if the movie was made.

1M to buy + 2M if made = $3M total.

Or is it 1M to buy + 1M if made = $2M total?
Doesn't the system work that they get the full amount if the movie goes into production? If that's true, they should have gotten their full paycheck for it.
Old 11-27-08, 01:28 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 920 Likes on 776 Posts
Originally Posted by Original Desmond
did not like the happy happy ending.
seriously, i really thought it was building to an inevitable cliffhanger, actual dramatic ending. i know this is a comedy, but this ep actually had dramatic elements with actual decent acting by them.

why did they have to go and resolve everything? no show does this...