TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Supernatural -- "Heaven and Hell" -- 11/20/2008

Old 11-20-08, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Supernatural -- "Heaven and Hell" -- 11/20/2008

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
Dean and Sam figure out why Castiel and Uriel want Anna dead. Alastair and his minions try to track down Sam, Dean and Anna.

Been waiting for this one all week!!!!
Old 11-20-08, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait for this one! This season has rocked so far. Here's to a season 5.
Old 11-20-08, 02:20 PM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
I have a question regarding Ruby. Have they said how long it has been since she was human? I thought maybe since she was into Sam that she was someone from his past before she died.
Old 11-20-08, 02:34 PM

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
I think it was mentioned she was a witch (like from the Salem with trials).

Edit:
From Winchester-Journals.net

Back around the time of the Plague (Mid 14th Century), Ruby was a witch who ended up selling her soul to the Demon now known as Tammi. When she died, like others who have done the same thing, Ruby ended up in Hell. However, unlike other demons, she did not lose all her humanity. She can still remember what it was like to be human. It is this, in part at least, that is causing her to help Dean and Sam. She assisted Bobby with the rebuilding of the Colt and has a knife that can destroy demons in a similar way to the Colt. When tracking down Lilith with Dean and Sam, her body became possessed by Lilith, causing Ruby to go somewhere "far far away". Ruby's body appeared to be killed, but the demon seems to have aquired a new body and is training Sam in the use of his powers.

Last edited by leacha; 11-20-08 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-20-08, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 225 Likes on 154 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil
Can't wait for this one! This season has rocked so far. Here's to a season 5.
Waiting a week for a new episode (especially a cliffhanger) seems like an eternity.
Old 11-20-08, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Holy Crap, that espisode was incredible! The best hour of Television ive seen in a long time, probably since Lost Season's 4 episode of The Constant!
Just great all around, these guys are taking this show and just running with it. Both leads are just stepping it up big time, that last scene with Dean was fantastic, great acting on his part. And what about that bad ass Marlon Brando demon, nuts!!
Old 11-20-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, this episode was flatout amazing.
Old 11-20-08, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 225 Likes on 154 Posts
God Damn!!! If only this was 2-3 hour winter finale. There were all kinds of levels of awesome raging through this episode. Truly amazed that the writers were able to keep it under 1hr.

Holy Shit! I need to go back and watch it a few more times.

I don't give a fuck what anybody says, there is nothing...NOTHING on television right now that comes close to tonight's episode!!!!

It truly fucking sucks that we have to wait until January 15th for the next Supernatural episode!!!!
Old 11-21-08, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
One brother sleeping with a demon, one brother sleeping with an angel. Has a nice symmetry i suppose. Waiting 2 months for the next episode is gonna suck. Just wish i had last weeks episode on my tivo as well so i can watch them back to back a time or two.
Old 11-21-08, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
Waiting a week for a new episode (especially a cliffhanger) seems like an eternity.
Like waiting until January 15th for a new episode is going to be a cakewalk?

Great way to go on a mid-season break. Damn this show has gotten m-f-ing good!
Old 11-21-08, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So my HD receiver screwed up a couple times during the episode, so I gots a couple of questions:

Spoiler:
Did Anna like die or just go back to heaven? Does this mean that Alastair died as well since all that was left was the knife?
Old 11-21-08, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 291 Posts
Jan 15th is a long time for a new episode, is another show going in its time slot until SN comes back? Btw SN continues to amaze me at how much bloody violence they get away with, watching Bella's torture scene.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 11-21-08 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-21-08, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Jan 15th is a long time for a new episode, is another show going in its time slot until SN comes back? Btw SN continues to amaze me at how much bloody violence they get away with, watching Bella's torture scene.
Usually in the past, they have repeated this season's episodes.
Old 11-21-08, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A lot of great stuff in the episode. The Heaven/Hell angel/demon juxtaposition stuff, the hot sex scene, the Dean hell reveal, plus a lot of good angel dirt. It was cool to see the psychic chick is doing pretty good, too bad about no Bobby, but he wasn't really needed.

Originally Posted by bigsoos
So my HD receiver screwed up a couple times during the episode, so I gots a couple of questions:

Spoiler:
Did Anna like die or just go back to heaven? Does this mean that Alastair died as well since all that was left was the knife?
You don't have to spoilerize questions about the episode. The whole point of the thread is to discuss it.

From what I gathered she got her full angel mojo back, but she probably didn't return to heaven. After the fight Dean said to the angels "Well, what are you guys waiting for? Now go get Anna. Unless, of course, you're scared." After the angels split Sam said he guessed she was some big time angel now, where ever she was. Presumably that flash of light was some kind of attack to take out Alastair before she took off.

The whole angel's have no free will thing is confusing though. If they had no free will she could never have chosen to remove her grace or not return once she got it back?

Last edited by wmansir; 11-21-08 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-21-08, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wmansir
The whole angel's have no free will thing is confusing though. If they had no free will she could never have chosen to remove her grace or not return once she got it back?
I never got the impression that they had no control of their actions, just that anything less than pure obediance is a huge no-no. I think Anna said it was on par with first degree murder in heaven.
Old 11-21-08, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So how long in Dean's time was he in Hell for? Was it forty years or four years?
Old 11-21-08, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
So how long in Dean's time was he in Hell for? Was it forty years or four years?
He said 40 years, and he held out for 30 of it.
Old 11-21-08, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Good episode but angels and demons fist fighting was kinda boring. That could have been so much more epic.

And what a contrast between Jensen and Jared's skills. Jensen sure can act - Jared not so much
Old 11-22-08, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The episode was pretty damn intense.
I do miss the old Ruby though.
Old 11-22-08, 04:07 AM

My god that episode kicked ass! I just read that we have to wait till jan 15th for the next helping!? (having withdrawal symptoms already!) lol

I loved the whole twisted plot, Anna and dean, then finding out anna is an angel, then thinkin ruby had betrayed them! etc phew.

Anyways i just had a quick swat up and as the angels castiel and uriel use their angel names i thought there might be a chance of the same thing with anna.

heres what i found....

"Anael has dominion over the air, thereby influencing love, romance and passion. Hence, Love is in the air. Anael also is the angel of life and health."

She also has watch over "The Lover, Venus, Art, Creativity Inspiration & Erotic Spirituality"

So this would tie in nicely with the whole plot, as shes a very powerfull angel and the whole lust thing with dean and wanting to feel emotions humans feel.

Aparently cassiel is..

"Yin Energy, Compassion, Pure Love & Understanding, The Cosmic Mother "

And uriel is

"the fire of god, one of the most faithful and dedicated members of the host. And is the angel of repentance."

So all in all most of that follows the stuff weve seen so far. I jus cant wait to see where they take the rest of this season! Id bet money on anna making a glorified return and helping the winchesters!
Old 11-22-08, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What do you think the chances are of a half Dean half angel baby showing up at some point? The angel of love, passion, life and health probably has fallopian tubes that shoot fertile eggs like buckshot.
Old 11-22-08, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Creatively speaking Supernatural is hitting its stride in a big way this season. Very solid situations, character actions and choices, the stuff of great drama. It will be tough to wait 2 months for the next new episode.
Old 11-22-08, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 486 Likes on 285 Posts
Originally Posted by wmansir
What do you think the chances are of a half Dean half angel baby showing up at some point? The angel of love, passion, life and health probably has fallopian tubes that shoot fertile eggs like buckshot.
As soon as she was telling him about being an angel I knew they would have sex, and the first thing that came to my mind was angel/human baby.
Old 11-23-08, 02:19 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Best show on TV bar none !

I liked the Angel v Demon showdown. They couldn't make it too out there. The enforcer Angel dispatched the lesser demons in style and Alistair had Castiel by the nuts before Anna intervened

I love the fact that the Angels are bad ass and as bad as the demons. I bet all the religious groups are having a field day !

Only thing the show needs is a bit more Bobby
Old 11-23-08, 02:33 AM
Zee

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Only thing the show needs is a bit more Bobby
Agreed. Although I thought the two-parter was very strong, for me the show works best when it's just the two leads or the brothers with Bobby. I'm pretty sure that Sam and Dean were not alone together this episode until the final scene (which was my favorite). I'm hoping the next half of the season focuses more on the brother vs. brother story.

Spoiler:
Unfortunately, I think I read that Jim Beaver has not shot any scenes for the rest of the season so far. I can't imagine that he won't be included in the final arc...but for now, he's working on another series. Bummer.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.