DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden - 11/20/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/544094-survivor-gabon-earths-last-eden-11-20-08-a.html)

Patman 11-22-08 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux (Post 9088595)
And technically, Randy did say to Bob that because he gave him the idol, if Bob somehow got to the finals and Randy didn't, Randy would vote to give Bob the million dollars.

Now of course, he didn't know it was fake, so that probably changes things. :)

I think Bob voided his side of the bargain, so Randy can do what he wants with his final vote.

Big Boy Laroux 11-22-08 06:31 PM

Right, but Randy doesn't necessarily know that. And if Bob somehow makes it to the final 2/3, he can easily claim to Randy that Sugar made the fake idol and he had no idea it was fake (but he'll also need to do that with Corrinne, starting next episode). After all, Sugar was on exile far more times than Bob. It just so happens that Bob made that sweet idol in one visit.

Sugar would then claim that Bob made it (whether she's on the jury or in the final 2/3). At that point, it's Bob's word against Sugar's word. And i think that with the way Randy despises Sugar, he'd believe Bob.

DaveNinja 11-24-08 12:29 PM

I think Bob was just trying to get to the final 5 or 6 because usually by then there is some kind of shake up between the alliance and a tie-breaker non-alliance person is needed. he might also be trying to play a father figure type role to Sugar who recently lost her father

BDLOU 11-25-08 08:39 AM

I really don't get the hate for Sugar. She's obviously a pretty good person in real life. Randy has already said many times that he is not. It was actually kind of refreshing to see good win a battle. I find it funny when men make the aggressive moves to win this game, they are applauded and loved. When a woman does it, they are hated. (see also Yau-Man vs. Parvati)

Goat3001 11-25-08 09:45 AM

^I agree. I was really impressed with Parvati last season, I think she played that game perfectly.

As for Sugar, she's making some power moves and I'm impressed. I think she made the wrong move voting out Charlie when she was the swing vote though. She decided to align herself with people that knew she has the immunity idol when she could have aligned herself with Bob, Randy, Corrine and Charlie and busted out the immunity idol in the final five and given someone the blindsided boot. She just didn't want to be stuck with Randy for that long.

I think everyone this season has been playing a way too emotional game and isn't looking at the smart moves as much. It's made for entertaining TV but its not really the best Survivor strategy.

As for the cookie thing, Randy was being a prick but Sugar was being a bitch about it too. No one was right in that situation but Randy exploding over it was hilarious.

DRG 11-25-08 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by BDLOU (Post 9093455)
I really don't get the hate for Sugar. She's obviously a pretty good person in real life. Randy has already said many times that he is not. It was actually kind of refreshing to see good win a battle. I find it funny when men make the aggressive moves to win this game, they are applauded and loved. When a woman does it, they are hated. (see also Yau-Man vs. Parvati)

I actually like her and I don't have a problem with her gameplay moves, but I just think some of her behavior in the last episode was beneath her. It's like she stooped to the same level of nasty spitefulness that she disliked Randy for, and it was kind of disappointing to see.

Maxflier 11-26-08 11:01 AM

How can Bob not know that Sugar found the idol? I thought it was a known fact that she had it, didn't they show people going through her bag and finding it earlier this season?

Patman 11-26-08 11:13 AM

Bob wasn't in the tribe when the people who found it in Sugar's bag.

Maxflier 11-26-08 11:31 AM

I know but Crystal was the one who found it, so you would think she would have said something when she got switched into Bob's tribe right before the merge.

Patman 11-26-08 11:45 AM

But Bob isn't an ally of Crystal's.

Goat3001 11-26-08 11:45 AM

^Maybe. But it wasn't shown. We know that Corrine, Randy and Charlie didn't know she had it. Bob probably figured out that she had it when he went to exile though. I don't know if Crystal would have said anything.

Maxflier 11-26-08 11:48 AM

I don't see why someone would need to be your technical ally to reveal something so important to them. I would have thought she would let everyone in on the fact that Sugar had it because someone having the HII seems like something you would want known by all the other players.

Patman 11-26-08 12:09 PM

Crystal hasn't shown to be the most brilliant of strategists in this game, has she? But that being said, both Crystal and Kenny know, and by keeping Sugar's secret, they are able to align a higher trust level with her (and secure her vote when it's needed to boot the ones from predominantly Kota tribe). But not letting Bob, Charlie or Corinne know about Sugar's HII, they are able to quell any talk of flushing out the HII, and keep their numbers at an advantage where now they are simply picking off Kota one by one (Randy pretty much jumped ship, so he had to go).

Goldberg74 11-26-08 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Goat3001 (Post 9095824)
^Maybe. But it wasn't shown. We know that Corrine, Randy and Charlie didn't know she had it. Bob probably figured out that she had it when he went to exile though. I don't know if Crystal would have said anything.

Bob had found all of the clues that Sugar had found... and since he had already spent a lot of time looking for the HII and decided to make the fake one, I was happy that he took this time on Exile Island to go on a personal safari. I think Bob is one of the only contestants to truly appreciate the beauty that is Africa. That alone was cool.

I'm not sure if Bob thinks that Sugar has the HII or not, but with the preview for next week, maybe he has something up his sleeve. ;)

I'm rooting for Bob or Kenny at this point... and possibly Sugar.

TwineTime 11-26-08 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Goat3001 (Post 9093589)
As for Sugar, she's making some power moves and I'm impressed. I think she made the wrong move voting out Charlie when she was the swing vote though. She decided to align herself with people that knew she has the immunity idol when she could have aligned herself with Bob, Randy, Corrine and Charlie and busted out the immunity idol in the final five and given someone the blindsided boot. She just didn't want to be stuck with Randy for that long.

Do you really think Matty, Kenny, Crystal and Susie would have taken Sugar's betrayal lightly? They would have revealed the fact that she has the idol immediately. I doubt Corinne, Charlie and Randy would have hesitated to target her asap.