DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden - 11/20/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/544094-survivor-gabon-earths-last-eden-11-20-08-a.html)

LiquidSky 11-21-08 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by brainee (Post 9085706)
Something tells me he's not going to be on board with "synergizing" his Tribal Council wardrobe with them :lol:

I wouldn't mind Kenny, Sugar, Matty, or (unlikely as it is) Bob making it to the end.

:lol: That's what I was thinking while watching Charlie and Marcus pick their clothing.

I'm with you. I would like to see Kenny, Matty, Sugar, or Bob win. Frankly, anyone but that asshole Corrine.

cdollaz 11-21-08 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness (Post 9085719)
Yeah, for a back-stabbing ****.

Bob is the one who back-stabbed.

uteotw 11-21-08 08:23 AM

I actually liked Sugar until tonight, but now for some reason find her just as despicable, if not moreso, than Randy.

The cookies: Randy offered her one and she said no. Randy wouldn't give hers to Matty. Randy offered her one again, and she took it and gave it to Matty, with that sweet little smile of hers. And then she spent the rest of the time railing against Randy.

Sorry--she's just as bad as Randy--but with that cutesy pin-up model smile and tattoo. At least with Randy what you see is what you get.

Double_Oh_7 11-21-08 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness (Post 9085719)
Yeah, for a back-stabbing ****. She's pretty much screwed over everyone who has trusted her and her partner-in-crime Kenny is just a lying flake.

Oh please, don't be naive. Who hasn't done that on this show? THAT'S THE GAME!

Red Dog 11-21-08 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by uteotw (Post 9085954)
I actually liked Sugar until tonight, but now for some reason find her just as despicable, if not moreso, than Randy.

The cookies: Randy offered her one and she said no. Randy wouldn't give hers to Matty. Randy offered her one again, and she took it and gave it to Matty, with that sweet little smile of hers. And then she spent the rest of the time railing against Randy.

Sorry--she's just as bad as Randy--but with that cutesy pin-up model smile and tattoo. At least with Randy what you see is what you get.

Like I wondered before - where did all this Sugar rage toward Randy come from? She's spent so much time away from the tribes.

aktick 11-21-08 08:35 AM

That's kind of how I feel too. Why pour salt in a wound in a game where you are trying to get everybody to like you? Just vote Randy off and be done with it. I'm sure the producers liked it though.

After Bob, I'd like Kenny to win. He's likable enough, has been thinking a pretty good game thus far, and isn't too bad in challenges. Oh yeah, Matty too.

Marcus and Charlie spend hours picking out their wardrobe when they are on a tropical island? I've got to imagine there's better things to do there than play dress-up. :shrug:

And what was with Corrine when she approached Bob, assuming he had the HII? She does remember Sugar was there a ton before Bob ever was, right? She apparently thinks Sugar is an absolute dunce and couldn't have ever found it?

brainee 11-21-08 08:36 AM

Randy crashes the Charlie-Marcus bromance at Ponderosa:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bJJzubBgRM4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bJJzubBgRM4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IID_ufVqcY0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IID_ufVqcY0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

They look like a big happy threesome now! :) Though Charlie still seems to always be snuggled by Marcus's side. You have to love Charlie's fishing technique, of shoving the pole between his legs while shaking his ass.

And judging by the end of the second clip, it actually does look like they worked out their wardrobes together :lol:

cdollaz 11-21-08 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by aktick (Post 9085981)

After Bob, I'd like Kenny to win. He's likable enough, has been thinking a pretty good game thus far, and isn't too bad in challenges.

I thought Kenny was just gonna be a tag-along, but he is turning out to be one of the best players this season.

cdollaz 11-21-08 08:49 AM

What is up with the idiots not spending their money at the challenge. Did Crystal bid even once?

DRG 11-21-08 09:30 AM

I'll third this. Her "It's just a cookie" defense was b.s. She knew exactly what she was doing.

That said, it's amazing how the former power alliance is now making the stupidest mistakes without Marcus. I can't figure out why they were so sure Bob would have the idol, even before he returned from Exile... and why none of them, not even Bob who was on Exile twice and can't seem to find it in the place it should be, has even considered the idea that Sugar might have it after the half dozen times they sent her out there. I know they may think she is just a dumb blonde, but frankly the clues didn't seem *that* difficult and with that many opportunities anyone should be able to find it.

girlnextdoor 11-21-08 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by TwineTime (Post 9085578)
I don't understand this. How is this any way to watch a show?

Aren't you really confused during the finale?

I can be suprised with the vote. Then during the final words I can see who voted for who. Sometimes I really don't like all the scrambling of asking of how everyone in voting.

Timber 11-21-08 09:52 AM

I really don't understand the big deal about the cookie. Randy had Beer, Peanut, Pasta, and Bread. Did he really even want the cookie? And Jeff said the cookies were for the tribe. Why did Randy think he was in control of there distribution?

Double_Oh_7 11-21-08 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by leeta (Post 9085486)
What did Corrine win with the $500 at the auction? I missed a couple of minutes.

It was a sealed bottle with a message inside that couldn't be opened until the next challenge. It was a two-part challenge where only three would be in the final part. When they opened it, the message said she could skip the first part and automatically be in the final part.

zuffy 11-21-08 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by cdollaz (Post 9086012)
What is up with the idiots not spending their money at the challenge. Did Crystal bid even once?

Every year with the auction, I don't understand them. You're playing for a million buck. Screw the $500 and get yourself some food, comfort, and/or clues. If I saw that burger with fries, I would have outbid everyone @ $500.

GuessWho 11-21-08 12:04 PM

They hold on to their money hoping for something better to come next. Obviously, they don't know when it will end.

mrpayroll 11-21-08 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Alyoshka (Post 9085574)
My guess is that CBS is wondering the same thing.

Everyone seems to forget that she won a gold medal for racing in the semi's. She wasn't good enough for the finals! And now that I know that other people not in the finals get a medal, well I think that is B.S.

Chris

Jim 11-21-08 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by mrpayroll (Post 9086480)
Everyone seems to forget that she won a gold medal for racing in the semi's. She wasn't good enough for the finals! And now that I know that other people not in the finals get a medal, well I think that is B.S.

Chris

C'mon, it's not like people in the semis are slow dawdlers.

Timber 11-21-08 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by mrpayroll (Post 9086480)

Chris

Even still being good enough to race in the semi's of the Olympics is pretty damn impressive. Has to be some kind of identity theft.

zuffy 11-21-08 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho (Post 9086464)
They hold on to their money hoping for something better to come next. Obviously, they don't know when it will end.

You figure after 16 seasons or so, you'd have an idea of how many auctions would be held.

zuffy 11-21-08 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Timber (Post 9086591)
Even still being good enough to race in the semi's of the Olympics is pretty damn impressive. Has to be some kind of identity theft.

Exactly. Just to be qualified to be in the Olympic require talent. No idea where that went.

Patman 11-21-08 01:18 PM

So no one thinks Crystal has been dogging it so that she isn't look upon as a physical threat in the game, and then turns it on for a good stretch run when her more physically capable opponents have been sent to the jury? (I have no idea if she's dogging it or not, but again, just because you can run fast in a 400m loop doesn't mean you have the agility or nimbleness to be good at Survivor challenges).

aktick 11-21-08 01:24 PM

The only time Crystal was good in a physical challenge was the one where they had to pull an opponent off that pole and drag them. She was a tough bitch in that challenge.

Ravenous 11-21-08 03:02 PM

The best part of survivor is Jeffs blogs now.

So hes not dating that fine ass slut from a previous season? What was her name, Julie?

Good episode but I didnt like everyone lauging. I was hoping no one would know than they all bust out. I can sypathize with Randy. I woulda beaten Sugar over the cookie and litaraly burn down the camp.

mrpayroll 11-21-08 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ravenous (Post 9086961)
The best part of survivor is Jeffs blogs now.

So hes not dating that fine ass slut from a previous season? What was her name, Julie?

Good episode but I didnt like everyone lauging. I was hoping no one would know than they all bust out. I can sypathize with Randy. I woulda beaten Sugar over the cookie and litaraly burn down the camp.

Can't wait to see you in an upcoming season of Survivor! -ohbfrank-

:lol:

Chris

Struz 11-21-08 03:44 PM

I was really disappointed with Bob. He didn't need to make Randy look like a fool. This only hurts him. Now he will have at least 2 people on the jury who won't vote for him, Randy and Corrine.

Plus telling Sugar about the idol was stupid. Why tell her ?
Does he really think now they're not going to vote him off after Corrine ?

I'm rooting for Matty.
I just don't want Suzie, Sugar or Crystal to win.

Josh-da-man 11-21-08 07:01 PM

The incident with Randy and Sugar over the cookies was my favorite part of the episode.

It reminded me of how people at my office will go absolutely apeshit over a plate of cookies or box of donuts. If someone brings in a plate of cookies or donuts, then it pretty much guarantees that someone's not going to get one, someone who the collective hivemind doesn't think deserves one eats one, or any other such question over the distrubtion of the baked good, and half of the people who work at my place are pissed off for a couple of weeks.

(For the record, I won't eat any donuts or anything like that if I don't know where they came from. I remember stories from my college days.)

Merkin Muffley 11-21-08 09:50 PM

So many priceless moments, but I gotta go with Crystal yelling while casting her vote.

Goldberg74 11-21-08 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley (Post 9087734)
So many priceless moments, but I gotta go with Crystal yelling while casting her vote.

I was wondering when someone was going to mention this.

rotfl

TimeandTide 11-22-08 01:37 AM

I missed that. What did she say?

davidh777 11-22-08 02:42 AM

The King of Gabon is dead! -wink-

Originally Posted by Timber (Post 9086591)
Has to be some kind of identity theft.

:lol: Actually I'm not really laughing knowing that Crystal is going to finish much higher than she deserves, having been pretty much useless throughout the game.

Goat3001 11-22-08 10:22 AM

That had to be the most entertaining tribal council in Survivor history.

Bob made a bad move. He gained some respect from Sugar but he's still the odd man even if they vote Corrine out next. Bob comes off as such a smart guy and I understand WHY he did this but he needs to realize that there is no way Randy will ever vote for him at the end.

I love how this episode was edited. Matty bring up the right point in going for Bob before Randy because Bob is an immunity idol threat. Then Randy "burns the house down" and they flip and decide to vote him out. All in all, Randy's plan wasn't so bad. Hope that Bob got the idol and make sure everyone was voting for him. If Bob really did have the idol it would have been one of the best blindsides ever.

Still a fan of Corrine. I'm officially the only one. She's a real bitch but I kinda like it. I don't think she deserves to win, never did but I would like to see her go far.

Right now Kenny, Matty and Bob are the only ones that deserve to win. Sugar is a twat. Crystal and Suzie are the most useless Survivors ever. I hate it when players like that make it so far. Bob has been playing his game. Staying low key, being well liked and trying to win challenges. Matty is the only strong competitor left and he's smart and likable too. Kenny is just king of the castle right now.

Next weeks preview looks VERY interesting. But I can't help but think it's going to be something completely different than what it seems.

Big Boy Laroux 11-22-08 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by HydroX2 (Post 9085320)
My thoughts exactly. Im gonna miss Randy. Sure he was a douche but he was of the funniest, most entertaining douches ive seen on Survivor in a long time.

He definitely was one of those "love to hate" characters. He was an ass, but he was an entertaining ass.

Big Boy Laroux 11-22-08 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by brainee (Post 9085706)
I loved how she just shouted her TC vote comments for everyone to hear :)

Yeah, I'm still not sure what to think about the idol prank. Bob could've sold it as "Hey ... I followed the clues and found this. You're welcome to try and play it". Sugar was out there so often that she would've had plenty of time for an arts-and-crafts project. But Bob reacted like he was in on the joke (although ashamed of it) instead of being another victim.

Ha ha, yeah, between Crystal shouting her comments, Sugar's weird "Loser" line, and Randy's "this isn't strategy, this is strictly personal" line, this was one of the best TC's just for what happened when people wrote their votes.

Then we get to the fake idol, which was hilarious when it happened.

I didn't see Bob laughing. I think he can play it off. He could easily say that he found it at Exile, and that Sugar must have made a fake one. It's happened multiple times (Yau-man's season, Fans vs. Favorites).

Big Boy Laroux 11-22-08 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by cdollaz (Post 9086012)

So Crystal shows she sucks at EVERY type of challenge, even an auction!

Neitzl 11-22-08 11:40 AM

I LOVED this part too! I started laughing so much, and loved the reaction Sugar had afterwards. In Jeffs blog he things Sugar laughing during the reading of the votes was "not cool", but I don't think she was laughing at that. I think she was still laughing at the way Crystal yelled out what she was saying, I know I was still laughing at that. It's also the kind of thing that once she stopped yelling, and you sit there and think about it, it just gets funnier and funnier. I probably would have been on the dirt floor pissing in my pants if I was at the tribal.

This was THE best tribal ever.

taa455 11-22-08 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Goat3001 (Post 9088173)
Bob made a bad move. He gained some respect from Sugar but he's still the odd man even if they vote Corrine out next. Bob comes off as such a smart guy and I understand WHY he did this but he needs to realize that there is no way Randy will ever vote for him at the end.

I see a lot of people commenting on how it was a bad move for Bob to fake out Randy with the idol. I thought the same thing as it was happening, but look at it from a different angle. Who's to say this won't win some serious favor and trust from Sugar? After Corinne is gone next, Bob could conceivably ally with Sugar and maybe the two of them can get Susie to flip. That's 3 votes against 3 votes. With the real HII in Sugar's possession, she could give the idol to Bob (if the tribe is going after him at that point) and they could go after Crystal or Ken or even Matty with him being by far the greatest physical threat. But for that to work, Sugar would have to betray the "alliance of five" that is already in place which might be bad for her going into a final with Bob. Now who do you think Randy and Corinne would vote for between Bob, Sugar and Susie? Yeah, definitely Bob so you can't say there is NO way Randy will EVER vote for Bob at the end. There's always a way.

Big Boy Laroux 11-22-08 03:52 PM

I agree, taa. Sugar spent so much time at exile island, i really don't think she's bonded with anyone. Her conversations with Bob in this last episode were probably the most she's talked with any one person alone, aside from Ace.

And remember, she has trust issues with Kenny, cause she feels like he duped her when they voted out Ace. I could definitely see Bob and Sugar aligning, and possibly bringing in Susie or maybe Matty (depending on who is the #4 in the Susie/Matty/Crystal/Kenny group)..

Red Dog 11-22-08 03:59 PM

Not a bad analysis but you'd figure Sugar would need Bob's help regardless whether or not she trusted him since she is not part of that core-3 or 4.

Big Boy Laroux 11-22-08 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by taa455 (Post 9088441)
Yeah, definitely Bob so you can't say there is NO way Randy will EVER vote for Bob at the end. There's always a way.

And technically, Randy did say to Bob that because he gave him the idol, if Bob somehow got to the finals and Randy didn't, Randy would vote to give Bob the million dollars.

Now of course, he didn't know it was fake, so that probably changes things. :)

emptysky 11-22-08 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Goat3001 (Post 9088173)
Bob comes off as such a smart guy and I understand WHY he did this but he needs to realize that there is no way Randy will ever vote for him at the end.

I'm sure he would if the final 2 were Bob and Crystal. :D

I can't stand any of the people on this season, but they have made for very entertaining TV lately... especially the last 2 TCs and seeing the look on Corinne's face after she talked about how stupid the others were, then she was the one who looked stupid at TC.