Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield -- "Possible Kill Screen" -- 11/18/08

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-08, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 824 Likes on 696 Posts
One of the most intense episodes of television I have ever seen and one that can only be fully appreciated if you have watched the series from the beginning. The confession was chilling and all the actors delivered. I can't believe we are almost at the end. I can't believe this ends happy for anyone.

The Feds made it quite clear that Vic only had immunity for the crimes he admitted to in that session. I bet the Feds break the deal on some technicality. Could Vic even remember every crime he has committed over the years?
Old 11-19-08, 04:47 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 402 Likes on 251 Posts
I just can't believe that Vic sold out Ronnie without having some sort of masterplan lined up to get him cleared.
Old 11-19-08, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,368 Likes on 930 Posts
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
I just can't believe that Vic sold out Ronnie without having some sort of masterplan lined up to get him cleared.
maybe he does and we just don't know about it yet.
Old 11-19-08, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I bet the Feds break the deal on some technicality.
I think the only chance of that is with the ICE agent and her file. I'll bet he didn't include that, and she could take him down by taking herself down as well. The question is whether she is that disgusted by Vic.
Old 11-19-08, 05:39 PM

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts
Great episode last night -- sets things up for a powerful finale.
Old 11-19-08, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
10) Julian: Fired due to Strike Team affiliation
I think Julian might be the only character on the show who emerges unscathed. I've always sort of seen him as like the Slim character in Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men -- while everyone else is horribly flawed, there's this saintly character whom the chaotic surroundings/events never affects.

(Sorry, I teach high school English. Always looking for parallels between TV and my favorite lit.)
Old 11-19-08, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any chance Claudette or someone at the barn deliberately runs interference on the drug bust so Vic can't claim full credit? Seems like something she would do (especially in her delirious state) if she were sure the drugs wouldn't get out on the street.

I feel double excited for this finale as I think it will give us the closure we didn't get when a similar likeable-yet-despicable character on another show was to meet his fate.
Old 11-19-08, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Olivia: "Do you have any idea what you've done to me?"

Vic: "I've done worst."

This episode was television, perfected. I don't even have the words to go into just how perfect it all was in my eyes.

It wouldn't shock me to find out that Vic clued Ronnie in before he went to the immunity meeting at the end.
Old 11-19-08, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L
It wouldn't shock me to find out that Vic clued Ronnie in before he went to the immunity meeting at the end.
If that's how he was playing it, he should have (would have) said at the point they said something about putting Ronnie away for life that he told Ronnie what he was doing and gave him every resource he possibly could to help him run. That would have been boss.

Given that's not the way it worked out, I really doubt they're going that way.
Old 11-19-08, 09:14 PM

I don't know which moment was more intense - Vic's silence when asked to come clean (which had me on the edge of my seat) or his finally confessing his many sins. I've never been this torn by a decision made by a character. Then again, Vic laughing when he was telling one story was a gut-clenching image as well.

I am so going to miss this show. I'll need to start watching The Wire.
Old 11-19-08, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wonder what effect Vic just declaring that his whole life for the past 7 years has been a continuing criminal enterprise would have had.
Old 11-19-08, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I hope to God that Ronnie is not left holding the bag at the end. He has always been the most loyal and unwavering member of the Strike Team. For him to go down like this would be utter bullshit.
Old 11-19-08, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
It was 43 seconds before he was finally able to admit that he did in fact kill Terry. I LOVED the little laugh about the money train. We finally see it come out, how evil this man really is. I wish they would have spent an extra minute or two going over some of the other crimes, such as Kern, Rondell, or Diagr's death, the face burning and murder of Armadillo, the numerous drug and gang setups the strike team was behind ....

Speaking of the monster Vic has created, Shane has completely lost control of his actions. Granted, I want to feel for the pre-season five Shane, as they are realling pushing his wife and him as the characters we should feel for, but Shane has to pay the final bill for Lem's death IMO. It's funny that I'm still routing for Vic to survive but want Shane to die. It shows how great the writing has been and that Shane's comment that Vic was a hypocrite, could also be pointed right at a core part of The Shield's audience, myself included.
Old 11-19-08, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
I hope to God that Ronnie is not left holding the bag at the end. He has always been the most loyal and unwavering member of the Strike Team. For him to go down like this would be utter bullshit.
This is my gut reaction as well.

It just proves that this show has perverted our senses of right and wrong. Ronnie is loyal and unwavering, but that goes for some of the sickest criminals our society has ever seen. Ronnie has participated in just about every bit of the murder and mayhem the Strike Team has been behind. He should pay a price. I'm just going to hate seeing it if it happens.
Old 11-20-08, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd182
I feel double excited for this finale as I think it will give us the closure we didn't get when a similar likeable-yet-despicable character on another show was to meet his fate.

I can't see it ending well for Ronnie. He's either on the run for life, or locked up, or dead. He didn't even know about the murder of Terry Crowley until recently
Old 11-20-08, 07:57 AM

i think thats part of his master plan, hell do something to tell ronnie and get him out. that would be grimey if he didn't help out his friend
Old 11-20-08, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by RickerOne
There's gotta be something afoot. How did Claudette and Dutch "get a location on Mackey" when he was over at ICE confessing?
So what were they going to arrest Vic for? Aiding and abetting because they had him on tape talking to Corrine? But didn't they have him on tape from his previous phone calls when he made arrangements to get her the $100K? Did I miss something that established why, all of a sudden, it was the right time to arrest Vic? And only the 2 of them showed up to make such a huge arrest?

Anyway, regardless of immunity I don't think Vic expects, or even wants, to get through this unscathed.
Old 11-20-08, 09:06 AM

I think the only chance of that is with the ICE agent and her file. I'll bet he didn't include that, and she could take him down by taking herself down as well. The question is whether she is that disgusted by Vic.
That's pretty creative speculation. I like it.
Old 11-20-08, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Originally Posted by ytrez
So what were they going to arrest Vic for? Aiding and abetting because they had him on tape talking to Corrine? But didn't they have him on tape from his previous phone calls when he made arrangements to get her the $100K? Did I miss something that established why, all of a sudden, it was the right time to arrest Vic? And only the 2 of them showed up to make such a huge arrest?

Anyway, regardless of immunity I don't think Vic expects, or even wants, to get through this unscathed.
I guess by this time Claudette has lost and just wants to grab Vic first chance she gets. They could at least hold him for questioning.
Old 11-20-08, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
So next week is the finale?? Will the episode be longer than 1 hour?
Old 11-20-08, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PacMan2006
Looks like it's scheduled for 90 minutes.
Old 11-20-08, 10:05 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 402 Likes on 251 Posts
Originally Posted by PacMan2006
yes, 90 mins.
Old 11-20-08, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 739 Likes on 541 Posts
Originally Posted by stingermck
I guess by this time Claudette has lost and just wants to grab Vic first chance she gets. They could at least hold him for questioning.
But, I think Claudette may have thought the feds had him in custody which is why only she and Dutch were the only ones to show up. Granted if that were the case, they just wanted to place him under arrest for the aiding and abetting, hoping that when they get Shane, they can build a bigger case. Learning that Vic had his immunity deal, pretty much shoots anything they had out of the water.
Old 11-20-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If that's how he was playing it, he should have (would have) said at the point they said something about putting Ronnie away for life that he told Ronnie what he was doing and gave him every resource he possibly could to help him run. That would have been boss.

Given that's not the way it worked out, I really doubt they're going that way.
Was the last time we saw Ronnie when he and Vic split up after he rejected the deal, with Vic going to the meet in the park and Ronnie going to get the customs guy? I don't think Vic decided to take the deal until Corrine was picked up, and he thought that was the only way to save her.

I don't think the writers have really cheated viewers that much by having important things like Vic warning Ronnie in advance happen off-screen, so I'd be surprised if that was the case here.
Old 11-20-08, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
I'm so glad that i've been able to avoid all spoilers for this show (not only the season but pretty much the entire run). Knowing that it's all coming to an end makes me very sad, I have no idea whats going to happen to me next week.

Vic really screwed over the ICE lady, her career is finished due to going to bat with Vic. The minute he went back into the office to except the deal I turned to my buddy and said Vic has to go down now. It's funny how killing a cop didn't get me to want his demise, him screwing over Ronnie did.

Here's how I see it ending (all speculation, nothing based off of spoilers since I don't read them)
Vic - Alive, but he'll go down after warning Ronnie.
Corine - Alive, Vic will find out about her betrayal in the car on the way to the meeting, he puts all the pieces together and warns Ronnie.
Ronnie - Dead, while attempting to flee
Shane, Mara and kids - Dead, mass-suicide by Shane
Claudette - Alive, Retirement
Dutch - Alive, kills teen
Julian - Alive, nothing changes
Aceveda - Alive, Mayor

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.