Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Chuck -- "Chuck Versus The Fat Lady" -- 11/17/08

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-08, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Damn, I was hoping that Jill was going to be a regular.
Old 11-18-08, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, at least Chuck got to "close the deal" with Jill before everything went to hell, since I doubt he'll be getting anything from Sarah anytime soon (I would pray for more gas attacks):
NSFW:

Originally Posted by scott1598
also, wouldn't Chuck have flashed on Jill last episode if she was any kind of agent or did she become Fulcrum (surpassing a regular agent status) after he became the intersect? but then if she was dating Brice logic would suggest she was some knid of agent from college and should have been in the registry.
Chuck doesn't always flash on faces. In the pilot, he didn't flash on Sarah until the end, when he flashed on a ring she was wearing. Chuck is in the Intersect, but he didn't flash on himself until seeing his old Stanford ID picture triggered it. He didn't flash on Mark Ratner (from Sarah's HS reunion episode) until he introduced himself. Plus it looks like Fulcrum was able to "redact" alot of their agent's ID's before they were placed in the Intersect (Chu

Last edited by MadMark; 12-10-08 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11-18-08, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by scott1598
also, wouldn't Chuck have flashed on Jill last episode if she was any kind of agent or did she become Fulcrum (surpassing a regular agent status) after he became the intersect?
But Chuck received updated intersect data earlier this season.

More likely, there are spies out there who aren't in the intersect.
Old 11-18-08, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by MadMark
With the "choir boy" scene and his constant ribbing of Sarah about Jill and Chuck, Casey was gold in this episode.
Adam Baldwin has been "bringing it" every week. Even in a show that focuses so much on hot women he remains the best part of the show.

I liked last week's episode, and I really liked last night's episode....until the denoument. I was really disappointed with Jill being "bad". I was hoping she would be a recurring character.
Old 11-18-08, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^I can't fucking stand her, so I'm glad she is NOT recurring.
Old 11-18-08, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Adam Baldwin has been "bringing it" every week. Even in a show that focuses so much on hot women he remains the best part of the show.

I liked last week's episode, and I really liked last night's episode....until the denoument. I was really disappointed with Jill being "bad". I was hoping she would be a recurring character.
But they'd either have to kill her, or reject Chuck because she couldn't cope with the life. Either way, Chuck would have ended up super depressed and as annoying as he was when he was mooning over Jill in the first episode.
Old 11-18-08, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Timber
Damn, I was hoping that Jill was going to be a regular.
Me, too, but I knew that was too much to hope for.

This show may be predictable, but it is fun as hell to watch.
Old 11-18-08, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by the big train
But they'd either have to kill her, or reject Chuck because she couldn't cope with the life. Either way, Chuck would have ended up super depressed and as annoying as he was when he was mooning over Jill in the first episode.
Not necessarily...she was staying in a hotel in her first episode; it would have been easy for them to not have her live in the LA area. That way her character could have continued to be a presence on the show w/o her being a regular.

As it stands now the obvious end result is a Chuck/Sarah relationship. This would have been a way to push that off. Personally, I think the will they/won't they has already started to get a little tedious, and Adam Baldwin can only cover for so much.

Also, I just thought having her be an "evil spy" was kind of a cop out. Although, maybe they'll use that to explain her Bryce Larkin affair which just isn't in sync with Larkin's original motivation to get Chuck expelled.
Old 11-19-08, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
God this was a great episode. Predictable "Jill" plot aside, Nerd Code, Buymoria, "I wasn't hatched" and shower scene made for fantastic television.
Old 11-22-08, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
This is a great show and loved this episode! I'm not a big Jordana Brewster fan so no big deal for me about the "reveal". However, I do have to agree also that Adam Baldwin is a great addition to this show. His line about "Chuck rounding out second base" was hilarious.

Originally Posted by Xander
God this was a great episode. Predictable "Jill" plot aside, Nerd Code, Buymoria, "I wasn't hatched" and shower scene made for fantastic television.
Forgot choir boy.
Old 11-22-08, 09:10 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
i liked the idea of Chuck having a girlfriend and Sarah being jealous. They should have gone with that for a while before revealing Jill as a villian
Old 11-22-08, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I can see becoming a drag if they keep this will they or won't they between Sarah and Chuck.
Old 11-22-08, 07:36 PM

I don't understand why the writers are so quick to move on from a storyline. We all saw where the Jill story line was headed, but why end it so quick? Still my second favorite show behind Supernatural.
Old 11-23-08, 07:00 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by sq240
I don't understand why the writers are so quick to move on from a storyline. We all saw where the Jill story line was headed, but why end it so quick? Still my second favorite show behind Supernatural.
if they want to give him a love interest, bring back Rachel Bilson