Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Complications" -- 11/17/08

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Complications" -- 11/17/08

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-08, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me out here: who is the "Urinator"?
Old 11-18-08, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by mjlukich
Help me out here: who is the "Urinator"?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G5bQg8GT_XA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G5bQg8GT_XA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 11-18-08, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know they're competing studios, but given the mannerisms of John Connor in this show (and the striking similarities I see since John shaved his head), I can't help but have a sneaking suspicion that maybe, just MAYBE, Christian Bale will appear in the season finale in a flashforward.

Makes a lot more sense for them to keep a low-rated show if they can score a tie-in.
Old 11-18-08, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by tanman
No but the old fischer said something about learning how people tick in jail. So he fixed it so his past self would land in jail thus making sure that he survived judgement day and thus the machines by providing valuable intel.
plus the back doors he added will likely aid in skynet being able to take over
Old 11-18-08, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by ckw4b
Great episode.

I like how Richard Schiff's character went from somewhat sympathetic to a total psycho in a few minutes. The scene of him lecturing in front of all the terminators and their red eyes was damn spooky. I wanted to shoot him right there for being a traitor.

I love the Cameron/John road trip, especially the part when Cameron hung up on Derek because he didn't enter the proper security code.

Did anyone catch that John took the picture of Sarah when he left Ellison's house?
not just a picture of sarah, the picture of sarah. the one Kyle had in T1 and got taken by the kid at the gas station in Mexico at the end of T1
Old 11-18-08, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
not just a picture of sarah, the picture of sarah. the one Kyle had in T1 and got taken by the kid at the gas station in Mexico at the end of T1
Yeah, that was an awesome terminator moment. That picture has a lot of meaning in this series.

How did she lose it though? When she made the jump forward in the first show?
Old 11-18-08, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Originally Posted by ckw4b
I just watched the episode again (yes, I am a geek) and caught that Cameron turned over Ellison like a turtle after she kicked his ass.
Oh that's why she did that. I was really confused. I thought at first that she killed him or something.
Old 11-19-08, 12:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I am really starting to zone out during this show.
I fast forwarded through all of the trite dream sequences and Sarah's convo with the psychiatrist. ZzzzZZZzzzzZZZ.
Old 11-19-08, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I love the Cameron/John road trip, especially the part when Cameron hung up on Derek because he didn't enter the proper security code.
They stopped using the code several episodes ago
Old 11-19-08, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Brian Shannon
They stopped using the code several episodes ago
Actually, they stopped using the "say date" code and switched to the phone keys code. That's why he pressed a couple numbers when he called the second time.
Old 11-19-08, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

what i don't get is after Fischer gets locked up he figures out that his future self is the culprit that caused his lockup and no he knows when and how he is going to die. why not just change things?

interesting paradox
Old 11-19-08, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Claytonian
Actually, they stopped using the "say date" code and switched to the phone keys code. That's why he pressed a couple numbers when he called the second time.
Correct.
Old 11-19-08, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
I thought it was funny that one of the last times I saw young Fischer in something, he was being menaced by Willow on Buffy and then on this show he's cowering in fear because of Derek's future girlfriend. I guess that's his lot in life.
Old 11-19-08, 06:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by al_bundy
what i don't get is after Fischer gets locked up he figures out that his future self is the culprit that caused his lockup and no he knows when and how he is going to die. why not just change things?

interesting paradox
More confusing: How did young Fischer recover so quickly from getting a trio of his fingernails off? Within minutes has was calmly talking to future Fischer.
Old 11-19-08, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by tanman
No but the old fischer said something about learning how people tick in jail. So he fixed it so his past self would land in jail thus making sure that he survived judgement day and thus the machines by providing valuable intel.
I don't think he is in butt rape jail. I think he is in crazy person hospital like Sarah was.
Old 11-19-08, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TimeandTide
I fast forwarded through all of the trite dream sequences and Sarah's convo with the psychiatrist. ZzzzZZZzzzzZZZ.
oh then you would have missed the turtle joke. I thought it was pretty funny.
Old 11-19-08, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
I don't think he is in butt rape jail. I think he is in crazy person hospital like Sarah was.
"We get caught laundering money, we're not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. We're going to federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison."
Old 11-19-08, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This episode made my head hurt.

What was with that creepy smile Cam gave John in the car?

I LOL when Cam flipped Ellis over as well.
Old 11-20-08, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman

I LOL when Cam flipped Ellis over as well.
Yeah that was great, beat the piss out of them roll him over like a turtle.
Old 11-20-08, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Ok, I'll say it....Cameron with barefoot hanging out of window....Sexy...Cameron describing her ability to feel things with her skin...creepy but still Sexy.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 11-20-08 at 04:50 AM.
Old 11-20-08, 02:47 PM

My theory is that Cam and John fuck a LOT in the future.

Which is why she always acts weird, somewhat sexual around him (ie - the drop-kicked jacket when she told him to lose the gf (haha, Belvedere reference (ooh, parenthesis inside parenthesis inside parenthesis opportunity!))). Also, I think her learning chip was activated some time ago, just like Arnie's was in T2: The Director's Cut.

Just seems strange that he would hang out with her and 'talk' in the future about how lonely he is all the time.
Old 11-23-08, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
god damned, I still can't get over how much I like Brian Austin Greene in this. He is such a fucking badass!
Isn't it odd? I remember cracking up laughing when I heard he was going to be in an episode as a guest star...and then being blown away. Far cry from David in 90210...he's probably my favorite character in the whole show.
Old 11-23-08, 10:59 PM

Cameron should easily realize that John's "need" to hang out with Riley stem from sexual frustration and if Cameron alleviates that problem, John won't be so mopey, indecisive, risking the WHOLE future of the HUMAN RACE on sex.

Is there a reason, besides plot/filming location convenience, that every person from the future just happens to stay in Los Angeles despite L.A. being ground zero for the future barbecue?
Old 11-24-08, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Season pass deleted.

This episode put me to sleep, literally.

When it became easier to keep track of all the plot holes and continuity issues than the actual story I knew it was time to move on.
Old 11-24-08, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian Shannon
Season pass deleted.

This episode put me to sleep, literally.

When it became easier to keep track of all the plot holes and continuity issues than the actual story I knew it was time to move on.
Really? I think this series just gets better and better. It's become one of my favorite shows. I think despite some plot holes, the acting is very good, the story compelling and the story keeps moving forward. As shows keep getting canceled, I'm glad this one's sticking around.