Dexter -- "Easy As Pie" -- 11/9/08

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-08, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Dexter -- "Easy As Pie" -- 11/9/08

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Miguel targets a new victim for Dexter, who's not so sure the new target lives up to (or down to) Harry's Code. Meanwhile, an elderly, deathly ill friend of Dexter's asks him to assist in her suicide; Rita learns that Miguel's wife thinks he's having an affair; Debra lets on to Anton that he's being used as a decoy to nab the Skinner.

Old 11-09-08, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds intense. That Miguel doesn't know what he's getting into.
Old 11-10-08, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A good episode, but they need to get shit rolling. Like I said last week or the week before they need more cat and mouse. Whether that's putting Dexter in a jam or revealing the skin patch slayer and letting us see him do his dance. It still annoys me that Dexter isn't more concerned about who the slayer is. Whatever they do they need to jack up the tension beyond whether Dexter has made a new friend.
Old 11-10-08, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I believe that this is all set up to a nice big pay off. Dexter has never let me down, and I'm sure the final 5 episodes of the season will ratchet up the tension.
Old 11-10-08, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally Posted by wmansir
A good episode, but they need to get shit rolling. Like I said last week or the week before they need more cat and mouse. Whether that's putting Dexter in a jam or revealing the skin patch slayer and letting us see him do his dance. It still annoys me that Dexter isn't more concerned about who the slayer is. Whatever they do they need to jack up the tension beyond whether Dexter has made a new friend.

Agree, like the show but it does need to start moving. The foreshadowing is there though from Dexters's dad, he mentioned that bad things happen to people that get close to him. Miguel is as good as dead.

It would be a nice surprise to be wrong though...
Old 11-10-08, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by d2cheer
The foreshadowing is there though from Dexters's dad, he mentioned that bad things happen to people that get close to him. Miguel is as good as dead.
i agree and suspect it will be, as it has been before, at dexter's hand.
Old 11-10-08, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

One of my favorite episodes of Dexter. The humor was great and Dexter's inner turmoil has never been better. Don't like the Deb CI relationship though.
Old 11-10-08, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't wait to next week's episode.
Old 11-10-08, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Raul3
I can't wait to next week's episode.
Yeah next weeks ep. looks great. Too bad Prado's fate is most likely known by a news story that spoiled a cast incident.
Old 11-10-08, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
That news story doesn't reveal his fate, it just reveals certain actions he took part in.
Old 11-10-08, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It doesn't even really do that. I was hoping Prado would pick up the knife in Dexter's dream sequence last night so I could dismiss that spoiler. It could still happen in a dream for all we know.
Old 11-10-08, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Ah yeah that too. I was also expecting the same "spoiler" moment, just to get it out of the way, but yeah....not quite yet.
Old 11-10-08, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I also hope it doesn't end just yet. I personally like the suspense Prado brings to Dexter's character. He's so unpredictable, yet he wants so much to be apart of Dexter's world.
Old 11-10-08, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I haven't heard about any spoilers but if I had to guess I'd say Prado gets the taste and kills some one who doesn't fit in Dexter's "rules" and Dexter takes him out.
Old 11-11-08, 02:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks like this might get addressed in next week's episode but one of my issues with this season is the fact that Prado never makes the connection that Dexter was the real Bay Harbor Butcher? I mean he has the exact same MO. Wouldn't it have come up at some point?
Old 11-11-08, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Phod
It looks like this might get addressed in next week's episode but one of my issues with this season is the fact that Prado never makes the connection that Dexter was the real Bay Harbor Butcher? I mean he has the exact same MO. Wouldn't it have come up at some point?
I think Miguel has made the connection (or at least strongly suspects). But it's understandably a delicate topic (especially considering that he's thinking about confronting a serial killer with his crimes), and he's waiting for the right time to bring it up. Which ...
Spoiler:
from the previews, looks like he does he next week.
Old 11-11-08, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by d2cheer
Agree, like the show but it does need to start moving. The foreshadowing is there though from Dexters's dad, he mentioned that bad things happen to people that get close to him. Miguel is as good as dead.

It would be a nice surprise to be wrong though...
That's been my opinion as well. My wife caught the end of it and I mentioned I really want to see Jimmy Smitts as a regular cast member but for some reason i see him wrapped in plastic before the end of the season..
Also i was hoping Margo Martindale might be on more often since the Riches got pulled.
Also those who have read the books, am i wrong in remembering some characters that are still around in the show that were killed in the first book.
Old 11-11-08, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Vince is always good for some laughs. I keep thinking Gianna will figure into all of this soon enough with the amount of time they spend on this budding romance between her and Angel.
Old 11-11-08, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by paradicelost
Also those who have read the books, am i wrong in remembering some characters that are still around in the show that were killed in the first book.
You are right.
Spoiler:
Laguerta was killed in the first book.
Old 11-11-08, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts
I hope th Yuki/Quinn storyline storyline is going somewhere because it's really annoying. We get no info about what's going on until it's useless.

Deb/CI relationship is unneccessary.

Gianna got interested in Angel too quickly, especially knowing he likes the hookers. Maybe she's as pathetic as he is?

I like that once Freebo was killed, Dexter is not involved in that case. It's refreshing to have Dexter take a break from outsmarting his co-workers for a whole season again (other than the first few episodes with Freebo).

I'm getting tired of Deb's "if I make this bust I'll get promoted" motivation every season. And it seems that Deb is the only detective that can figure things out. What does everyone else at the station do?

Anyone else think the dead blonde chick who Albert Chung killed was played by Trish Stratus? It sure looks like her.

Camilla's logic is messed up, no? She won't take her life because she'll go to hell, but it's ok to ask someone to kill her instead? Isn't it the same thing basically?

Still loving the show.

Last edited by Coral; 11-11-08 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-15-08, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Great episode. I'm loving this season as much as season one. Setting Dex up with Miguel as an apprentice is a very cool storyline.