DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden - 11/6/08

Title:
Spoiler:
Apple in the Garden of Eden

Description:
Spoiler:
The two tribes come together for a feast. They are offered a tempting decision and make a surprising sacrifice that many soon regret; and Randy lets his newfound power go to his head.
Old 11-06-08, 08:21 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice. Two blindsides in a row. Krystal and Kenny have done a nice job so far. Merge next week you think?

Kenny is the only one who Marcus can't blame, is pretty likable, and not a very intimidating player.

Last edited by aktick; 11-06-08 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-06-08, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I loved this blindside!!!
Old 11-06-08, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn, Susie suck and she is stupid. Should have stay with your alliance and wait for the merger and then jump ship if needed. She just fucked one juror.
Old 11-06-08, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy
Damn, Susie suck and she is stupid. Should have stay with your alliance and wait for the merger and then jump ship if needed. She just fucked one juror.
She's too stupid to make it to the final three anyhow. Great blindside though.
Old 11-06-08, 10:00 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Awwww no Sugar Shack this episode. Great blindside.
Old 11-06-08, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
One thing I liked that Susie said was that top 6 isn't good enough, she wants top 3. I can't believe how many players over the years just seem to be satisfied with making the top 5 or 6, even though will be the first one gone at that point. That stupid-ass Bobby John's lifelong dream was to make it to the merge. Way to shoot for the stars. I doubt Susie has the game to actually make it to the final 3, but at least she will not be satisfied unless she gets there.
Old 11-06-08, 10:39 PM

I will love seeing Corinne's and Randy's faces next week when they see Marcus got the boot. I actually liked Marcus, but I'm happy about the blindside just because I hate Corinne. This ought to bring King Randy down a notch.
Old 11-06-08, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Poor Bob, the look on his face was one of anguish once he realized Susie just screwed over their alliance of 6 (which is pretty untenable given the personalities involved).
Old 11-07-08, 01:11 AM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Matty is gonna win now that that alliance is going down. He's got the winner edit.
Old 11-07-08, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Howiefan
Matty is gonna win now that that alliance is going down. He's got the winner edit.
There is nobody left to beat him in a physical challenge. These last three votes really opened the way.

I cant feel bad for Marcus though. He lied too.

Last edited by sven; 11-07-08 at 02:59 AM.
Old 11-07-08, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Big Survivor twist. Completely changed a predictable Survivor season. I liked it. Two tribe swaps totally fucked over the power alliance. It's too bad because they may not be the best group but Charlie, Corrine, Randy and Bob are actual Survivor players.... Kenny, Crystal and Suzie are unbelievable chumps. Matty and Sugar would be stupid not to vote with the second group. As it stands now I would like to see Matty win. Marcus was my original choice followed by Matty, Randy then Corrine. He seems like a truely good guy which can screw him in Survivor if doesn't see all the angles, but unlike Eric from last season he does seem to have some smarts to him.
Old 11-07-08, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hope Charlie doesn't have a breakdown.
Old 11-07-08, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
I hope Charlie doesn't have a breakdown.
Did you notice that when the new tribes met up for the immunity challenge Jeff said something to Marcus and Marcus said "my whole game plan has changed" and then they switch to his alliance members at Fang for reaction shots and you see Corinne and Randy look really confused and Charlie still has that huge grin on this face. Maybe someone can post a screenshot but that was pretty funny.
Old 11-07-08, 08:23 AM
Suspended

So Marcus was really proud of himself for getting everybody to agree to throw away the idol...whoops!

Corrine is a nut job. She's the hot girl who seems really nice at first, and turns out to be a psycho. I'd keep my distance if I were the others.
Old 11-07-08, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Marcus blew it !
He never should have told Crystal they were voting off Ken.
He should have told her they were voting off Suzie as a decoy.
Crystal would have been ok with that.

I'm rooting for Matty. I hope he or Bob wins it.
Now Matty has a pretty good chance.
Old 11-07-08, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Struz
Now Matty has a pretty good chance.
To go far in the game, yes. To win, I'm not so sure. Matty has proven himself to be the best competitor this season. Once his group finishes pegging off the Randy alliance he will need to run the table in immunity challenges to stay in the game because he'll have a target on him. I think he's secured Sugar as an ally but Kenny Crystal and Suzie seem to have more power.
Old 11-07-08, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
So Marcus was really proud of himself for getting everybody to agree to throw away the idol...whoops!

SEEMED like a good idea at the time...DOH. "It's never been done before!"--Yes, that's because it wasn't too bright...
Old 11-07-08, 10:53 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can't say I liked that blindside. Now the losers who were doing the worst job of surviving have the upper hand. Crystal gets worse in the challenges every time. Seeing as how she lasted 1 second or less last night, I guess she can only get better from here on out.
Old 11-07-08, 11:20 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Crystal finally showed some game - up to now she was pretty disappointing. I don't think so but it made me wonder if she's been throwing challenges on purpose. Suzie is pretty straightforward and easy to both read and manipulate. Marcus would have still been in there if he'd just said he was taking her to the final three. Of course thinking he was responsible for getting everyone to throw away the idol was delusional, since that was pretty much all Randy.

If the other players are smart, Corinne will be next to go. Anyone who believes in revenge -- while playing a game!? -- is definitely a "nut job".

Last edited by MrE; 11-07-08 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-07-08, 12:50 PM

Wasn't there a shot in the preview last week of somebody naked in the water at night? I remember a blurred shot in night vision and that wasn't anywhere in this episode.
Old 11-07-08, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MrE
. Marcus would have still been in there if he'd just said he was taking her to the final three.
And if Bob didn't say at TC "If I knew about this new tribe switch I would have voted differently." and pretty much saying that he would have voted Suzie off.

I agree that Marcus's dumbest move was 1. Trusting Crystal and 2. telling her to vote out Kenny when he should have said Suzie.
Old 11-07-08, 01:23 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I'll assume some or all of you have seen Jeff's blog on EW.com?

Makes for a good read.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008...ment-138148468

Another immunity challenge and another absolute disappointment for Crystal. I will give you some insight, a bit of behind the scenes. Whenever we start a challenge in which people must do some certain thing for a long time, I always give them five seconds to get themselves situated and then I officially begin the challenge. Crystal could not hold onto those poles for even five seconds. She kept trying but was literally unable to hold these extremely light poles for five seconds. After a few attempts I finally said, "Crystal, the next time we do this, the challenge will begin the second I say go and you're on your own. I can't give you any more chances." She lasted less than a few seconds.

Last edited by BDB; 11-07-08 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-07-08, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Aegean2007
Wasn't there a shot in the preview last week of somebody naked in the water at night? I remember a blurred shot in night vision and that wasn't anywhere in this episode.
Good point, I had forgotten about that myself. I'm glad Matty won the challenge for Fang. I can't wait to see the full reactions of Corrine and Charlie along with Randy, who I hope gets voted off soon.
Old 11-07-08, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jim
Can't say I liked that blindside. Now the losers who were doing the worst job of surviving have the upper hand. Crystal gets worse in the challenges every time. Seeing as how she lasted 1 second or less last night, I guess she can only get better from here on out.
It's true that Bob is pretty screwed, but Randy, Corinne and Charlie still have the power in the other tribe and could get Sugar or Matty out, assuming they go to tribal next. If that happens, then the merge, that group still has the upper hand or at least a tie.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.