Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield -- "Moving Day" -- 10/28/08

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-08, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
The problem isn't the stuff Shane could say happened. It's that his credibility is trashed so they need some evidence to corroborate it. If Vic's DNA were found on Guardo, sure. If not, I think Vic easily just claims it was something Shane did and is trying to pin on him.
That depends. Maybe the D.A. decides to cut Shane a better deal, to prosecute Vic and Ronnie instead.

On the flip side, Claudette and Dutch know that Vic made contact with Guardo when his girlfriend came into the station to say he was missing. I'm sure Claudette already pieced it together that Vic killed him out of revenge anyway. Shane showing them a body and crime scene is icing on the cake. Remember Vic also brought Pezuala's box boy there also. His DNA is probably all over the place.
Old 10-30-08, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fantastic episode.

The scene with Vic hiding in the hospital parking lot waiting to ambush Shane, Mara and Jackson had me on the edge of my chair.

Here's something that's been bugging me - I just don't understand Vic and Ronnie's obsession with catching Shane.

Yes, I'd be pissed off if someone tried to murder me, but Vic and Ronnie conveniently forget that they also tried to murder Shane. The rational thing to do at this point would be to call things even and then try with all your power to help Shane flee the country. Vic and Ronnie have to know that if Shane is caught then he's going to flip on them so the only way to stop this is to 1) kill Shane and his entire family OR 2) help Shane escape to a non-extradition country.

The former is clearly too risky in my opinion because everyone and their brother knows that Vic and Ronnie are gunning for Shane. Even if they were to stage a mass suicide, who is going to believe that the Vendrells just decided to go James Jones on everyone? The latter option just seems more rational to me because it keeps Vic and Ronnie out of jail and they could always go after Shane at a later point when the heat has died down.
Old 10-30-08, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great episode (sans the hospital scene, that was just... BAD).. Can't wait till next week!
Old 10-30-08, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Seems like it was a little too easy for Vic to not get pinched for pulling that gun.
Old 10-30-08, 08:12 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
I just don't think Corinne will fuck over Vic.... I don't see it happening.
Old 10-30-08, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Spoiler:
well if you watch next week's preview, they seem to imply she does because you see her with Claudette and Dutch telling them something and saying "please don't tell Vic." Although, she could be trying to get them involved with the capture of Shane.
Old 10-30-08, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
I think she is. And I really think that the series is gonna end just like it began, but with someone killing Vic in the same manner that he killer Terry.
Old 10-30-08, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Synopsis for the episode in 2 weeks "Petty Cash"

Spoiler:
Corinne agrees to be Vic and Shane's go-between---and also agrees to cooperate with Claudette and Dutch as she does so. Meanwhile, Vic comes to an understanding with Aceveda and seeks one out with Olivia; and Claudette assigns Ronnie to work with Julian to investigate the murder of a high-school football star, keeping Ronnie out of the Barn---and unable to intercept the letter Shane sent to Claudette detailing the Strike Force's "sins."

Old 10-30-08, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh fuck me, i wish i didn't read that. Tuesdays to farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr away.
Old 10-30-08, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
(please don't read, please don't read)
Old 10-30-08, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 628 Likes on 483 Posts
Just because Ronnie can't intercept it doesn't mean whoever is keeping him in the loop can't do him a favor.
Old 10-30-08, 09:44 PM

o man i wonder whats going to happen with vick and shane!! it sucks its the last season
Old 10-30-08, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
there's an alledged cop turned cop killer around who was called in by hospital staff and the unis just let shane walk away
Old 10-30-08, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mikehunt
there's an alledged cop turned cop killer around who was called in by hospital staff and the unis just let shane walk away
They weren't there looking for Shane. It was another district and they probably had no idea what Shane and family even looked like.
Old 10-30-08, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't buy that another precinct (district, whatever) would have no idea what to be looking for in Shane if the freaking hospital was on the lookout for him.

At the same time, I'm not shocked that police would focus in on the man with the gun. He's an immediate threat in their eyes.
Old 10-30-08, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I don't buy that another precinct (district, whatever) would have no idea what to be looking for in Shane if the freaking hospital was on the lookout for him.

At the same time, I'm not shocked that police would focus in on the man with the gun. He's an immediate threat in their eyes.
They are uni's, and people miss things like that every day. The people working in the hospital didn't even seem to pick him out. I've walked by famous people before and didn't even realize it until someone mentioned something.

Most people are usually caught up in their own world to notice what is going on around them.
Old 10-30-08, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Agreed, particularly in an emergency like man with gun.
Old 10-31-08, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
You people are nuts. Why would you read spoilers for upcoming episodes????
Old 10-31-08, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The episode felt very off. Alot of stupid things with Vic at the hospital and Corrine. I didnt like it actually. Didnt Ronnie say he heard about Shane at the hospital 5 minutes after Claudette? Why werent the cops there for Shane first?
Old 10-31-08, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 628 Likes on 483 Posts
Except that apparently the cops that got there were there because of some offscreen shooting. They were there for reasons that had nothing to do with Vic or Shane.

But the Claudette/Ronnie question is valid. Cops from the barn should have been there already.
Old 10-31-08, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
was kind of a lull in the action, but after I saw the previews for the remaining episodes, I think it was good that they slowed it up for an episode.

Hopefully, it will be balls-to-the-wall until the very end from here on out.

I'm excited.

Anyone watch Sons of Anarchy? "Dutch" had an interesting character in that.
Old 10-31-08, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I agree with the other poster that the best thing for Ronnie and Vic to do would be to call a truce and help him get the fuck out of town.
Old 12-01-08, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ravenous
The episode felt very off. Alot of stupid things with Vic at the hospital and Corrine. I didnt like it actually. Didnt Ronnie say he heard about Shane at the hospital 5 minutes after Claudette? Why werent the cops there for Shane first?
I just watched this episode (4 more to go!) and re-watched this bit once I read the above. No one at the barn knew about the hospital - the information that Claudette et al got five mintues before Ronnie had to do with Shane flipping the Lexus for a crappy car. Only Vic knew anything re: the hospital and it was based on Shane's fake passport information. No one at the barn had the passport info either...........