Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Elisabeth Hasselbeck's Greatest Hits

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-08, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 920 Likes on 653 Posts
Originally Posted by raven56706
wow... they all have opinions and she gets berated for stating hers....
Yeah, but in that second clip Barbara gives her center stage with a quiet panel on national fucking tv to share why she supports McPalin and their position and her response? What has Obama/Biden done? Awesome.
Old 10-25-08, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Jadzia...are you serious?

I don't see how anyone can say that EH is "molly-coddled".
It's certainly not just me that thinks this. It is an opinion commonly expressed over at the View thread on TWOP. Go read that thread for daily examples that are discussed. I watch the show every day and there are numerous examples where she is catered to.

They tip-toe around her. The rest of the panel could really go after her much harder but they usually just let it go. The Michelle Obama slam at the RNC got mainstream press attention and was never mentioned at the View, and she was never made to apologize. Now they are wondering daily why Obama isn't coming on the View, but the huge elephant room that no one dare mentions is EH's unprofessional behavior that every single other news outlet talked about.

There is a ton of stuff that they could go after her about but never gets brought up by the panel. I remember well when EH used to insist that an adulterer could never be a good parent or a good president. I would love to see the rest of the panel bring that up in reference to her now undying support of McCain, but it seems like that is a taboo subject. Her hypocrisy is never challenged. She now insists that McCain is nothing like Bush, yet she used to cheerlead and defend Bush at every turn and no one ever calls her on it.

EH was allowed to wear a McCain t-shirt for an entire hour, when Star Jones was fired for giving out advertising freebies in order to get free stuff for her wedding.

Would anyone else cry and crawl into their bosses lap and still have a job? I can't believe she still has a job on TV.
Old 10-25-08, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts
What did she say about Michelle Obama at the RNC that wasn't true?
Old 10-25-08, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
Anyone who can watch that retarded show, then single out Hasselbeck as being the stupid one, is way the fuck dumber than she is.
Post of the year.
Old 10-25-08, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
post of the year.
qft
Old 10-25-08, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,854 Likes on 1,147 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
It's certainly not just me that thinks this. It is an opinion commonly expressed over at the View thread on TWOP. Go read that thread for daily examples that are discussed. I watch the show every day and there are numerous examples where she is catered to.
I still don't buy it. Sorry.

They tip-toe around her. The rest of the panel could really go after her much harder but they usually just let it go. The Michelle Obama slam at the RNC got mainstream press attention and was never mentioned at the View, and she was never made to apologize. Now they are wondering daily why Obama isn't coming on the View, but the huge elephant room that no one dare mentions is EH's unprofessional behavior that every single other news outlet talked about.
Obama is a real punk if he can't take the heat. McCain gets shit on by the other women daily and he's been back. McCain went back to Letterman after being shit on by David. Obama has at least 3 of the View women singing his praises daily so pleas don't give me this stuff about Obama avoiding the show due to some comments about Michelle that may or may not be true by EH. Please....

There is a ton of stuff that they could go after her about but never gets brought up by the panel. I remember well when EH used to insist that an adulterer could never be a good parent or a good president. I would love to see the rest of the panel bring that up in reference to her now undying support of McCain, but it seems like that is a taboo subject. Her hypocrisy is never challenged. She now insists that McCain is nothing like Bush, yet she used to cheerlead and defend Bush at every turn and no one ever calls her on it.
So you don't share her views. So what? I don't share all of her views either. I don't share all of Whoopie's, Joy's, Bab's, or Sherrie's views either and I don't say things like they shouldn't be on air like you're doing with EH. I mean come on Jadzia. This is America right? People have a right to say and believe what they want whether we agree or not.

EH was allowed to wear a McCain t-shirt for an entire hour, when Star Jones was fired for giving out advertising freebies in order to get free stuff for her wedding.

Would anyone else cry and crawl into their bosses lap and still have a job? I can't believe she still has a job on TV.
Again, Obama has built in DAILY cheerleaders in Joy, Cherrie, Whoopie, and Babs. They're allowed to voice their political choice and they're allowed to yell and talk over anyone who doesn't share their opinion of this choice. One McCain shirt is no big deal. I'm not voting for Obama or McCain but some Talk show host wearing an Obama OR McCain shirt doesn't mean they should be run off the air. I'll use the same line the Bill Maher and The Daily Show fans use....It's not a news show.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 10-25-08 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-25-08, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think she tries too hard to be controversial because she is too stupid.
They should have left her on the Survivor Island.
Old 10-25-08, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,854 Likes on 1,147 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
I think she tries too hard to be controversial because she is too stupid.
You could say that for any of the View women with the possible exception of Walters. Even then she's long in the tooth and slowly losing it.
Old 10-25-08, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

wow... ok so i watched the n-word video and that was the stupidest thing i have ever seen..... whoopi and the middle girl said it was a good thing... lol... that was the dumbest thing ever.... we can say that word but you cant... lol typical shit....

then the next discussion is a gang up of 4 points of views trying to get rational from one person

i have to say though.... you cant be a republican on any show.... she will always be attacked for it....
Old 10-25-08, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts
It's not like it was when Rosie was there. Whoppie tends to agree with her about quite a bit and anything religious Sherry is going to agree with her on.

She just tows the company line a little to much for me. Like the "what has Obama done?" line. She can't defend her choice without putting down the other choice and that just rubs me the wrong way.
Old 10-25-08, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
I agree with her on the n-word. Either we use it or we don't - at all!
Old 10-25-08, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Gunde
I agree with her on the n-word. Either we use it or we don't - at all!
I've had this convo (or argument) many times with many different people. Without trying to turn this thread into this subject too much, I can say I agree with Elizabeth too.
Old 10-25-08, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
I've had this convo (or argument) many times with many different people. Without trying to turn this thread into this subject too much, I can say I agree with Elizabeth too.

Why would you want to use it? Doesn't make sense that white people would even want to use that word.

*assuming you're white of course.
Old 10-25-08, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
Anyone who can watch that retarded show, then single out Hasselbeck as being the stupid one, is way the fuck dumber than she is.
Old 10-25-08, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
SkullOrchard, no kidding! I don't agree with her views, but she's FAR from the dumbest person on the show.

Sherrie Shephard thinks the world is flat, people! FLAT!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GbizzLzcpnM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GbizzLzcpnM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 10-25-08, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, there's no doubt who the dumbest person on that show is and it isn't Elisabeth.
Old 10-25-08, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Obama is a real punk if he can't take the heat. McCain gets shit on by the other women daily and he's been back. McCain went back to Letterman after being shit on by David. Obama has at least 3 of the View women singing his praises daily so pleas don't give me this stuff about Obama avoiding the show due to some comments about Michelle that may or may not be true by EH. Please....
I am sure he has better things to do than go on this program. But honestly, if I were him, I wouldn't go back on. The last time he was there, EH monopolized the interview and spent two segments asking him the same question over and over again about Reverend Wright. She just wouldn't move on from it and it was a wasted interview because I would have liked to have heard him answer other questions. The View's rating are down so much, I think there are much better shows to go on.

And the Michelle Obama thing has nothing to do with her saying something that was or wasn't true (although I seriously doubt it was true.) She went to the RNC and introduced Cindy McCain and basically said that when Cindy McCain was on that UNLIKE Michelle Obama, she came in with no list of topics that were off-limits. If I were her bosses, I would have been furious, because every talk show guest negotiates what will be discussed beforehand and it is extremely rude and unprofessional to go in public and talk about it. Michelle was very forthcoming in her interview and even addressed the "first time I have been proud of my country statement" which she had drawn a lot of criticism for. Certainly Cindy McCain had topics that were off-limits, as she was never asked about her drug addiction, or stealing from her charity, or adultery with John McCain when he was still married to his first wife. EH going and talking out of turn like that would make many celebrities hesitant to want to go on the show. [And EH also said at the RNC that Cindy McCain came in "fresh" unlike Michelle Obama, whatever the hell that meant.]

So you don't share her views. So what? I don't share all of her views either. I don't share all of Whoopie's, Joy's, Bab's, or Sherrie's views either and I don't say things like they shouldn't be on air like you're doing with EH. I mean come on Jadzia. This is America right? People have a right to say and believe what they want whether we agree or not.
It has nothing to do with me sharing her views or not. I wouldn't like her even if she was liberal because I find her shrill and immature. Why can't they hire a conservative woman who is articulate and smart, and can discuss ideas rationally and thoughtfully?

My own mother, bless her heart, is a Republican and we have very spirited conversations about politics and I respect her views, although I disagree with her. She doesn't yell and cry and at least she can disagree with her own party from time to time. EH never questions her "team" and it makes for horrible TV how black & white she is.

Again, Obama has built in DAILY cheerleaders in Joy, Cherrie, Whoopie, and Babs. They're allowed to voice their political choice and they're allowed to yell and talk over anyone who doesn't share their opinion of this choice. One McCain shirt is no big deal. I'm not voting for Obama or McCain but some Talk show host wearing an Obama OR McCain shirt doesn't mean they should be run off the air. I'll use the same line the Bill Maher and The Daily Show fans use....It's not a news show.
Joy is abashedly liberal but she can still criticize and make fun of her own party when she disagrees. She has never missed an opportunity to tell a Monica Lewinsky joke.
Sherri was raised a Jehovah's Witness and never followed politics before this election but is very conservative on social issues. She was initially very excited by the Sarah Palin pick, but as she has learned more she is now supporting Obama.
Whoopi is socially liberal, but is a fiscal conservative and constantly rants about taxes.
Barbara is usually mum on politics, but I suspect she is more of an old-school Rockefeller Republican (before the neo-cons took over the party.) These women all have varied views and I don't agree 100% with any of them.

And as far as the T-shirt goes, the problem is that her employer, ABC, makes their money selling advertising. She should no more be allowed to wear a McCain t-shirt than she would be allowed to wear a Coke t-shirt. At least not without the campaign or the company paying the necessary promotional fee. I also think with the campaign laws, it raises some questions for Equal Time and all that.
Old 10-25-08, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zen Peckinpah's thread got owned.
Old 10-25-08, 11:56 PM
Banned

Yeah! People here are arguing like the girls from the View!!!

I only seen the show twice (both times at doctor's appointments). The fact is that Elizabeth is really hot but that is all she has for her. She is very similar to other right wing conservatists in that she throws her opinion around as fact without having doing any research on topics discussed. She is very stubborn and doesn't back down from her opinion even if she is proven to be incorrect. I remember her supporting the war in Iraq because it was going to stop the terrorist from repeating 9/11. When rosie told her that the terrorist that attacked the towers didn't have any relation with Iraq, Hasselbeck said that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Walters told her that after almost 2 years of investigation, the results showed that Iraq also didn't have WMDs. Hasselbeck continued saying that yes they had, because she saw it one the news.

So there is no discussion or arguing with her, because on her tiny brain, she's never wrong. To me she is another version of Ann Coulter, only less mean and that Elizabeth is female.
Old 10-26-08, 12:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Timber
Why would you want to use it? Doesn't make sense that white people would even want to use that word.

I never understood the mentality either. "Why can't I say it! That's discrimination!!" I mean seriously, WTF..
Old 10-26-08, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
^ That's not what it's about, sheesh
Old 10-26-08, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by dx23
... She is very similar to other right wing conservatists in that she throws her opinion around as fact without having doing any research on topics discussed. She is very stubborn and doesn't back down from her opinion even if she is proven to be incorrect....
Yeah, only right wing "conservatists" do that. I mean the world is flat and stuff.

I think that statement may apply to women in general.
Old 10-26-08, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's not that she's a dumb blonde, she's just a twit who can't keep her mouth shut.
Old 10-26-08, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Zen Peckinpah
It's not that she's a dumb blonde, she's just a twit who can't keep her mouth shut.
This. I think I actually gained a little respect for her in the n-word conversation, but then it went away at the end when she was on the verge of tears and still talking instead of taking a step back to get a little perspective. That's why I quoted Barbara's comment earlier in this thread ("take a breath and let someone else talk"). It wasn't because she's dumb and should just keep her opinions to herself, but because she doesn't step back when things are at a standstill, she can't concede a point when the other side makes it, she digs herself deeper when she should realize that her point has been made and move on.

As an aside, I remember her hosting some bargain hunting fashion show a few years back and I'd always stop and watch her when the remote happened to fall on that channel. She's very cute and sexy when she's not trying to convince everyone of her beliefs.
Old 10-26-08, 01:45 PM

For Tscott

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1uHaWCTtQEk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1uHaWCTtQEk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3t4-GqDEZzk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3t4-GqDEZzk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.