DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Is the Big Bang Theory any good ? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/541576-big-bang-theory-any-good.html)

Abelkems 10-15-08 07:29 PM

Personally, I love it. Yes, it is a stereotypical sitcom, but I feel it is one of the better ones.

SPiRAL 10-15-08 11:43 PM

I like it, very enjoyable.

Will M 08-13-09 09:53 PM

Re: Is the Big Bang Theory any good ?

very very funny. i laugh more at this show than any other. it is by far my favorite show on TV in years.

i admit that my wife doesn't like it nearly as much as i do. the Sheldon character irritates her.

the 2nd half of season 1 & season 2 are the best. the show goes from centering around Leonard & Penny to centering around one of 2 things: either Sheldon or Penny interacting with Sheldon /the gang.

Red Dog 08-14-09 07:31 AM

I started watching reruns this summer and I find it very funny. Sheldon is hilarious.

BuddhaWake 08-14-09 07:53 AM

Sheldon used to be the death of the show but now I really like his character and the blonde got some fantastic boobs. plus I'm a nerd at heart so I love it for that. the repeat from this past monday had me laughing with the whole yoko ono-esque grad students. haha

The Bus 08-14-09 08:03 AM

I like the show a lot and it's very good considering its format. How I Met Your Mother (which runs on the same night), is the superior show. I usually miss the first few minutes of the program and I'm not terribly upset I do. I think some of the nerd jokes are a bit obvious and broad, but then again this is a sitcom on CBS.

Still, I find it far, far better than most shows currently on TV.

Goat3001 08-14-09 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Goat3001 (Post 9002930)
It's nothing special. It's funny but its not incredibly involved. It's definitely worth watching if you have the time but don't expect to be blown away. Oh and to top it off, Kaley Cuoco has an awesome rack.

I still feel the same way now as I did a few months ago but I actually like it less now than I did then. It still has some moments so I keep watching.

FantasticVSDoom 08-14-09 12:32 PM

Sometimes following a formula is exactly what is called for... This follows the sitcom formula to a tee, but they do it well.

JuryDuty 08-14-09 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Gunde (Post 9002846)
Compared to Arrested Development, 30 Rock and The Office: Absolutely not
Compared to How I Met Your Mother, Two And A Half Men, Till Death: Sure, it's ok.

Exactly what I was going to post.

Blu Man 08-14-09 12:52 PM

Yes, it's very funny. You should check it out.

Tommy Ceez 08-14-09 02:10 PM

Im not sure what the format has to do with anything

Funny is funny

Maybe years ago when the whole Arrested Development, 30 Rock, Office, Parks and Rec format was fresh I could see people making this argument, but seriously, NOW?

TV elitism gives me Douch Chills