Dancing with the Stars -- Week 3 -- 10/6-10/7/08

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-06-08, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Post away about week 3.

The latest news involves Misty May-Treanor's injury and maybe leaving the competition.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...ured/800047919

Olympic gold-medalist Misty May-Treanor, who with pro partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy emerged as an early favorite in this season's Dancing with the Stars, injured herself on Friday, putting her future status with the show in question.

"Misty May-Treanor sustained an injury on Friday and received immediate medical attention," producers say the in a statement to TVGuide.com. "Despite previous reports, she did not break her ankle."

Last week, Misty's paso doble earned her and Maks some of their biggest praise from the Dancing judges, with Carrie Ann Inaba deeming it a "most ambitious" routine for so early in the competition.

Though some online rumors have declared Misty (who is now resting at home) and Maks done, finished, finito for the season, the show's producers are opting to wait and see: "Doctors will reevaluate her condition on Monday and determine the outcome of her participation on the show." — Matt Mitovich
Old 10-06-08, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UPDATE: Derek Hough Blacks Out After Fall, Paramedics CalledBy Access Hollywood
1 hour, 58 minutes ago

Access Hollywood LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Yet another "Dancing With The Stars" injury has occurred on the set of the hit ABC show.

Just days after an injury bounced Misty May-Treanor to the sidelines of the competition, dancer Derek Hough blacked out after taking a nasty tumble and hitting his head, a rep for Derek confirmed to Access Hollywood.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Misty May-Treanor

"At Saturday's rehearsal, Derek was walking backwards and tripped over something on the floor. He was knocked out for a brief moment and was taken to the hospital as a precaution to make sure he was OK," a rep for the dancer said in a statement released Access. "After test results showed that he was fine, Derek was released and was sent home to rest. He will be ready to go for tonight's show."

Derek's partner Brooke Burke recounted his injury on her blog.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 7

"It has been an intense weekend, especially yesterday when Derek and I almost found ourselves out of the competition," Brooke wrote of her partner.

"Saturday, on the CBS stage, we were practicing as usual when Derek accidentally tripped over a box, while walking backwards," she continued. "As he tried to break his fall, by jumping up, his foot caught a stage light which sent him further into the air. He landed on his back on the wooden dance floor and smashed the back of his head. He was disoriented, blacked out for a few seconds, and was flattened out in pain. He couldn't move, I sat beside him as he layed (sic) there and we waited for help to arrive."

Brooke said Derek's injury was quite a fright after last season, when he pulled a muscle in his neck keeping him off the dance floor for a week.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Reality Stars

"Our producers called 911 and the paramedics arrived to carefully examine him. He suffered a neck injury last season which had him down for a week, so the reoccurrence was definitely scary. They rushed him off, stretcher and all, in the ambulance for further testing in the ER," she wrote.

Even as Derek was being taken away, his mind was still on the competition, according to Brooke.

"He was talking about today's rehearsals and assured me that he would be ok to dance. That was the last thing on my mind. I wanted him to be okay," Brooke wrote.

Luckily, Derek received good news at the hospital, according to Brooke.

"After a cat scan and many other tests, he received a clean bill of health and we were back at it today as scheduled. With a huge headache, and a little dizziness, the show goes on," Brooke added.

Brooke also updated fans on the status of Misty May-Treanor on Monday morning telling Access' Billy Bush on "The Billy Bush Show," that the Olympic volleyball star gold medal winner's future is unknown.

"We're all pulling for her, we don't know what's going to happen yet. I think they're going to do a package about it on the show. She's waiting to get some doctor's results. She may be having surgery this week. It's sad. It could have happened to any one of us," Brooke told Billy. "For Misty it's especially difficult because of her career and it can end just like that on the show. We're pushing our bodies to the limit. Injuries are bound to happen. And we're really rooting for her.

Dancing With the Stars' Brooke Burke confirmed Monday that injured Misty May-Treanor will be sitting out for good.

"It's such a sad situation. She did hurt her Achilles tendon. I don't know if she tore it or ruptured it," Brooke said on L.A.'s 104.3 FM. "She's out of the competition. Just like that, it's over for her.

"The sad thing...this is her jumping mechanism," Burke added of the beach volleyball champ, 31. "We're all really concerned for her. She may be having surgery this week. We don't know yet. It's such a bummer."

"She heard a pop," Burke said of the Olympic gold medalist, "so it's really serious."

See then-and-now photos of the Dancing With the Star cast!

Asked if anyone would be eliminated this week in light of May-Treanor's absence, Burke said, "We don't know. They still have to have the same amount of shows.

"I heard [Edyta Sliwinska] and [Maksim Chmerkovskiy] may dance together since both of their partners are gone, but I don't know what's going to happen," Burke said.

Check out the wackiest Dancing With the Star outfits of all time!

Burke also confirmed that her current partner Derek Hough and his ex partner Shannon Elizabeth "are still together.

"They're living together," Burke said. "She comes to rehearsals and they're going strong."

Burke recently blogged that Hough "received a clean bill of health" after taking a tumble during practice on Saturday.
Misty puts away her dancing shoes.
Old 10-06-08, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
If ever a 'dance' deserved a 1.....
Old 10-06-08, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Too bad for Misty but damn did they ever milk that whole thing to death.

My favorite tonight was Warren and Kym once again.Cant believe how light on his feet he is.Brooke and Derek would be a close 2nd for me.
Old 10-07-08, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I could not stop laughing for a good 2 minutes after Cloris and Corky finished "dancing". OMG, that was some good wacky stuff.

Brooke and Derek's dance was probably the first of the season that gave me slight goosebumps in certain spots of their number. Not sure it deserved a 10, but definitely a 9 for sure.

Rocco's probably going home if America still wants the Wackness to return next week.

Didn't need to see the footage of Misty's achille's tendon popping over and over again.

Last edited by Patman; 10-07-08 at 01:00 AM.
Old 10-07-08, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
I'm surprised that they are voting someone off this week since Misty is out. Didn't this happen before (or someone dropped out) and they just kept everybody for that week? You'd figure they wouldn't want to lose a week of the show.
Old 10-07-08, 12:34 PM

I doubt they will vote someone out. They will probably combine scores from this week and next week. There's been some talk that they might bring Kim Kardashian back, but I can't see that happening.
Old 10-08-08, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think everyone guessed they weren't going to eliminate anyone and they didn't. Lucky for Rocco.

Nice costume on Toni. Kool & the Gang with another lead singer? A shame.
Old 10-08-08, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally Posted by big whoppa
I think everyone guessed they weren't going to eliminate anyone and they didn't. Lucky for Rocco.

Nice costume on Toni. Kool & the Gang with another lead singer? A shame.
James "J.T." Taylor hasn't been with Kool & the Gang since 1988.
Old 10-08-08, 09:32 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts
On one of the entertainment shows on tonight, they mentioned that people on forums and bloggers were discussing Cheryl's weight, calling her "fat."

They then quoted her saying that she can't ignore things like that and goes home and cries at night because of it.

I guess they've been reading our forums.

We should be ashamed.
Old 10-08-08, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
On one of the entertainment shows on tonight, they mentioned that people on forums and bloggers were discussing Cheryl's weight, calling her "fat."

They then quoted her saying that she can't ignore things like that and goes home and cries at night because of it.

I guess they've been reading our forums.

We should be ashamed.
I thought that Cheryl was out of shape, but I never thought she was fat. It is really mean-spirited for anyone to say that about her. I think she's a very attractive young woman and the show will get her back in shape.
Old 10-08-08, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Looks like Cloris is turning into the Sanjia of DWTS.
Old 10-09-08, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I certainly don't think Cheryl is fat though she's clearly not as superfit as the other girls. She was in a relationship with one of the Lawrence brothers. Perhaps they broke up and she's been stress eating.
Old 10-09-08, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by big whoppa
I certainly don't think Cheryl is fat though she's clearly not as superfit as the other girls. She was in a relationship with one of the Lawrence brothers. Perhaps they broke up and she's been stress eating.
She was dating Matthew. They did indeed break up earlier this year.
Old 10-09-08, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheryl was on GMA this morning and said that she gained 5 pds since last season and she's still the same size: 4.
She said that she took the summer off for the first time in years and enjoyed herself.. and the weight is coming off now that she's dancing 8 hrs a day.

Maybe she quit smoking and that's why she gained alittle...