Reload this Page >

"Little Britain USA" (10/5)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-05-08, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 285 Likes on 209 Posts

Thought this week's episode was fair at best. There were some good ideas, and writing. But the directing and pacing were way off. For almost every skit.
Old 10-05-08, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Looks like this is another British TV show that was better left in Britain. Loved the first couple seasons but they're just go for the gross out humor now.
Old 10-06-08, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only skit that worked for me was the monkey one with the couple at the zoo.
Old 10-09-08, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I think it's safe to say that this show is not taking America by storm. I expect one season and bye bye.
Old 10-09-08, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I thought the skit w/ the dog lady was pretty funny...the rest sucked.
Old 10-09-08, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by badlieut
I thought the skit w/ the dog lady was pretty funny...the rest sucked.
That and "I want bitty". Always makes me laugh.
Old 10-09-08, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 750 Likes on 488 Posts
Originally Posted by Daytripper
That and "I want bitty". Always makes me laugh.
I don't want to be that guy who comes in and says the bitty bit was funny at first but then got really old so I won't be. But if someone else came here and said that, I would agree.

But what I will say is that this show has officially killed what was always my favorite skit of the show. Sebastian was always the highlight of every one of the British episodes. The interplay between the assistant and Anthony Stewart Head was always great. But now Sebastian is a prime minister?! OK, that's fine. I can deal with that, but then they go and destroy the best part of the skit from the last one. The thing that made the British skit truly hilarious was that Sebastian never actually comes right out and says what's on his mind. He's still very obvious about his affections, but he doesn't actually say it. That's what made the dialogue extra lively. Now he actually comes out and says he wants the president inside of him and talks about the president's penis! So much for British subtlety.
Old 10-09-08, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by clckworang
I don't want to be that guy who comes in and says the bitty bit was funny at first but then got really old so I won't be. But if someone else came here and said that, I would agree.

But what I will say is that this show has officially killed what was always my favorite skit of the show. Sebastian was always the highlight of every one of the British episodes. The interplay between the assistant and Anthony Stewart Head was always great. But now Sebastian is a prime minister?! OK, that's fine. I can deal with that, but then they go and destroy the best part of the skit from the last one. The thing that made the British skit truly hilarious was that Sebastian never actually comes right out and says what's on his mind. He's still very obvious about his affections, but he doesn't actually say it. That's what made the dialogue extra lively. Now he actually comes out and says he wants the president inside of him and talks about the president's penis! So much for British subtlety.
Yes, I agree with you there. Now Sebastian is graphic about his affections for...whoever. And sorry, I stand by the bitty skits. There were quite a few on the UK version (as you probably know) and I laughed at all of them. I miss the two elderly women characters where one always vomits everytime something non English or caucasion (or even heterosexual) is mentioned. Now if you want to talk about a skit that got really old on the UK version, how about the guy who worked in the bookstore shouting back to his wife to see if something was in stock.
Old 10-09-08, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes, that one did get rather old as well. But probably not as old as Carol Beer.

I'd much rather have the bitty skits than the vomiting ladies, though.
Old 10-09-08, 07:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cungar
I think it's safe to say that this show is not taking America by storm.

What the F does that even mean, the friggin thing just started. You expect to see Little Britain T-shirts and mugs everywhere just 2 weeks in??
Old 10-09-08, 07:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by clckworang

Ah but remember, they're trying to reach out more to American audiences so of course the humour is gonna be a little less subtle and more crude and dumbed down. Was there ever any doubt about this?
Old 10-10-08, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts
This episode felt like a low toner copy of the first week, which was only marginally entertaining at most to begin with. I just can't see watching the same jokes every week that I didn't find all that funny the first time. I love Britcoms, but I'm disappointed to say that I'm done with this show. Bring on the next season of Peep Show.
Old 10-10-08, 05:44 AM

It so embarassing that this is what represents British comedy
Old 10-13-08, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MaxMFP
Ah but remember, they're trying to reach out more to American audiences so of course the humour is gonna be a little less subtle and more crude and dumbed down. Was there ever any doubt about this?
You don't think there is already enough broad humor on this show for us Yanks?
Old 11-06-08, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I have been catching up with this show

I think these guys are briliant - and at the hanz and franz guys!

I may have missed some episodes - but hope to catch up on the ones I missed.