Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Entourage - "Tree Trippers" - 10/05/08

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-08, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't watch the show for plot development...hell, some of the so called 'filler' eps rank among my favourites...but I do expect sharp comedy and to be entertained for 22 minutes... this episode didn't fit either of those criteria.
Old 10-07-08, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Paraphrased but hilarious nonetheless:

"I thought I pulled my cock off..... nope, still there"

I loved this episode. Like other have said, plot development is painfully slow on this show. If that's why you're watching it, I'm surprised you've stuck with it this long. IMO, the usual episode format is 2 eps filler followed by 1 ep plot progression followed by 2 eps filler, etc. I'm in for the humor. Fuck Vince and his career. This show makes me laugh every time it is on and that's really all that matters to me.
Old 10-07-08, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Put me in the loved group. The deeper meanings in their trip I fully bought into, especially E with not being abole to talk. This was a situation where he is trying to figure out what means more, his career or Vinces, and he just couldn't make the decision for him.
Old 10-07-08, 06:42 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 922 Likes on 776 Posts
this was such a fun and funny episode. sure it was different, but it was hilarious. Ari was gold and Eric not talking was perfect. Turtle had me cracking up the most and this whole ep made me smile ear to ear.
Old 10-08-08, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I just watched this sucker again in hopes of it being better than I had initially declared in this thread.

NOPE.

Still shit. Still the worst episode in the show's history, according to me. Dreck from beginning to near-end. The only time I even managed to chuckle was when the agent's wife made the crack about many gay men "frolicking in our pool."

Ah, well. A show as good as this will doubtless produce absolute dross at some point.
Old 10-08-08, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
It made me laugh.

Nice guest spot by ER.
Old 10-23-08, 08:49 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best episode ever? I can't give it that without watching all the other episodes again. I'm sure I forget a few. Top 3? Without a doubt. Absolutely brilliant entertainment. I understand how someone could think this was the worst episode ever, but I sincerely feel sorry for you. I have never seen a work of fiction nail what it's like to trip this well.

I loved the debate about whether they should look for Ari or Arnold.

Thank you Entourage. That was a blast.