Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Apprentice 2---Series Discussion--Thursday's on NBC starting January '09

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Celebrity Apprentice 2---Series Discussion--Thursday's on NBC starting January '09

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-09, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 2 Discussion Thread -- Premieres 3/1/09

Originally Posted by GMan2819
The Trump family is intimately involved with Gods Love We Deliver. Blaine Trump, wife of Robert Trump (Donald's brother), sits on the Board of Directors. Linky Donald has such a huge ego and he doesn't want to be seen as less than generous when it comes to his charity. For Annie to raise $450k to Joan's $150k is a slap in the face so to even things up, he had to pick Joan to win ($150k + $250k for winning).

It could be true.......
Blaine Trump is Vice Chairman of Gods Love We Deliver, and Joan Rivers also sits on the Board of Directors of this charity.

Hmmm.... sounds like a conflict of interest to me.....
Old 05-13-09, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by jonnyquest
The FINAL final numbers:
Joan: 3 out of 5
Annie: 2 out of 5

The whole point of having 5 criteria is so the teams would have to focus on multiple aspects during a time crunch. I wouldn't be surprised if the pullout of the planners/designer was orchestrated to increase the pressure even more. Let's face it, Joan's planner was pretty lame; I doubt a high-level NYC firm with a chance at nationwide TV exposure is gonna really be that lame. Many viewers didn't like the fact that asshole Piers won last year, but they still respect the fact that he raised the most money and moneyraising was the single overriding main criteria of last season's finale, so he won "fair and square", asshole or not.
But many posters in this thread are putting their personal criteria above Trump's criteria, insisting that fundraising overrides everthing every time, regardless of how the rules/criteria of the challenge are laid out. Even Annie fell into that trap. Annie's strategy seemed to be "I'm gonna bury that bitch Joan with all my poker friends' money." Joan's strategy was "I know I'm gonna lose on fundraising, so I must excel in the other 4 criteria." Joan's strategy worked out better than Annie's strategy. End of story.
And the things Joan "won" 3 out of five on were all highly subjective. It allowed Trump to get any result he wanted. Obviously he wanted Joan to win no matter how good or bad she was during the show.
Old 05-14-09, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis
And the things Joan "won" 3 out of five on were all highly subjective. It allowed Trump to get any result he wanted. Obviously he wanted Joan to win no matter how good or bad she was during the show.
Forget subjective - people are just assuming each category was binary (all or nothing) and 3>2... what if the 3 categories Joan won were all close and the 2 Annie won, she smoked Joan (which she did in fundraising and apparently on the charity recognition category as well). What if each category was 10point each? There's a reason why absolutely no detail was given on how things were scored...

Folks thinking this was a fair and merit based decision need to stop drinking the same koolaid that Trump is serving. Look at the event planner story, the narrowing down of the contestants in a ridiculous manner over the past few weeks of the show, the fact that Trump sits on the board of the winning charity, the friendship Joan & Trump have... this show is more rigged than an NBA playoff basketball game.
Old 05-15-09, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Not ot mention the fog of war Trump hid behind in the final moments. Basically they argued about whether the Crypt Keeper caused the planner to quit, then Trump said what a great job they both did, then he just sort of said, "Oh by the way, Annie your fired" cue the credits. I couldn't help but notice that not a lot of time was spent justifying his ridiculous decision.
Old 05-15-09, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

The decision was bullshit. Joan Rivers didn't make any impact on the game whatsoever, other than 'cluck cluck, splash'. She was irrational, useless, loud and hard to look at. Annie played the shit out of the game. She organized, she made money and she was instrumental in all of her team's victories. The same can not be said for Joan at all.
Old 05-15-09, 07:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With Annie's history and desire to win, I can't imagine how steamed she was at Trump's decision. Has she made any sort of public comment?
Old 05-15-09, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 291 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by freshticles
The decision was bullshit. Joan Rivers didn't make any impact on the game whatsoever, other than 'cluck cluck, splash'. She was irrational, useless, loud and hard to look at. Annie played the shit out of the game. She organized, she made money and she was instrumental in all of her team's victories. The same can not be said for Joan at all.

Not to mention Rivers can't take any type of critique or criticism whatsoever. And if you do, she goes right for the jugular. With the most vile and vicious attacks. Along with her equally vile daughter. She is truly one despicable creature.
Old 05-16-09, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Not to mention Rivers can't take any type of critique or criticism whatsoever. And if you do, she goes right for the jugular. With the most vile and vicious attacks. Along with her equally vile daughter. She is truly one despicable creature.
Nicely done, sir!

While I was one of the people worked up about the "vile and despicable" outcome - I have realized I either need to accept that it is pointless to consider merit over drama or stop watching the show. I guess I'll have to see what D-listers they get for the next season and evaluate what the train-wreck potential is.

I now realize if I had watched with the intention of seeing what drama Joker and Joker Jr could stir up and if it was possible for them to become even more irrationale as the weeks went on, I would have found the show a lot more enjoyable.
Old 05-30-09, 12:18 PM

I'm sorry, I'm late here, I had Recorded the last 3 shows i since i didn't have time to watch them and.....I was completely shocked of the ending. It was clearly Annie who should have won, it wasn't even close.

And the whole Joan saying Annie was a liar, it was pretty clear Annie was right about the Event Planner quitting because of Joans. I loved Joans before the show, I have now lost all respect for her, because of what she has done and said on this show.

Annie,in my mind, you are the Celebrity Apprentice.

I have been watching Apprentice since season 1, but I do not believe ill be watching again. This season has been a let down in Trumps decision.

Mr. Trump, you are fired!
Old 05-31-09, 09:16 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

I could have sworn that Trump said that 'The Apprentice' would be back next season, but I was under the impression that it would revert back to the old style with regular people vying for a job within the Trump organisation.

However, checking the NBC site and The Celebrity Apprentice page it appears as if we'll be treated to a 3rd season of 'The Celebrity Apprentice'.

I wonder who they'll drag up now?
Old 06-01-09, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Since this has been bumped I thought I'd mention that Dennis Rodman is going to be on the new season of Celebrity Rehab. I think Joan and Melissa should sign up too. Isn't continuously injecting rat poison into your body a drug problem too?