Search this Thread

Old 10-03-08, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Life -- "Everything...All the Time" -- 10/3/08

Life

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

A dead man found bound to a chair in an empty pool may be a result of gang violence and an underground party circuit. Elsewhere, Reese's father asks Ted for info on Crews' personal investigation, and Crews recruits Jennifer to help with Rachel (Jessy Schram).

Timeslot debut on Friday at 10pm. However, if your already confused enough, another episode will air on Monday the 6th and then it will return again next Friday to this timeslot for the rest of the season.
Old 10-03-08, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking forward to this even though it seems like NBC is trying to kill it with all these moves for the first several episodes.
Old 10-04-08, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
I missed the scene between Jack and Ted so Ted's subsequent scenes made no sense to me. What happened between those two?

And will they ever address what happened to the original captain? And have they totally abandone Danni's alchoholism?
Old 10-04-08, 03:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Spoiler:
Jack told Ted he wanted everything that Crews had on him or he'd find himself violating his parole and back in jail to serve out the rest of his four years.

As for the original captain, they mentioned, in passing, that she got transferred in the first episode.

Last edited by pelenor; 10-04-08 at 03:54 AM.
Old 10-04-08, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They actually referenced Danni's recovery last night. When the kid showed up at her gym he said she was doing an "addict's workout".

Anyway, this was not a good episode. It was about 90% about the case of the week, which is a weak point for this show. For example, their master plan to nab the genius was to prop up a corpse and get him to freely confess to attempted murder. Also the genius' plan of trading drugs to gangbangers for pretty girl's phone numbers was much better then, I don't know, two good looking rich dudes in exotic sports cars spending half a day at the mall getting chick's numbers. But worse than stupid the plot was just not interesting or engaging.
Old 10-04-08, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by pelenor

As for the original captain, they mentioned, in passing, that she got transferred in the first episode.
Not only transferred, but demoted as well. No mention why.
Old 10-04-08, 08:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Not only transferred, but demoted as well. No mention why.
That's a real drag. Robin Weigert is a great actress. Loved her on Deadwood and Life. Donal Logue is also good but there's already enough humor in the show with Damian. I thought Robin balanced things.

Old 10-11-08, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
I wasn't all that impressed with this episode. I do like how they keep pieces of the larger story going on throughout.

I actually enjoy the new department head. He has an off-beat energy to him. Doesn't come across as a "suit" type, but is serious when he needs to be. Humm...maybe he should have played Gene Hunt.

Who was the girlfriend? Man!