DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Dirty Sexy Money *S2 Premiere* -- "The Birthday Present" -- 10/1/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/540776-dirty-sexy-money-%2As2-premiere%2A-birthday-present-10-1-08-a.html)

Jimmy James 10-01-08 07:27 AM

Dirty Sexy Money *S2 Premiere* -- "The Birthday Present" -- 10/1/08

"The Birthday Present"

Spoiler:
The whole Darling family is dealt a blow by the death of one of their own, and someone is arrested for murder.

Originally Aired: October 1, 2008

This was my favorite new show from last fall. I hope it builds on its momentum in a major way. If I understand right, the last several episodes were meant to be a part of last season. I'm very interested to see how they work as the beginning of the second season instead.

Red Dog 10-01-08 07:31 AM

It was my favorite new broadcast tv show. Great to see it back. I totally forgot how S1 ended though.

Hopefully we are treated to some Karen Darling lingerie scenes.

Giantrobo 10-01-08 07:56 AM

I love this show and I can't even imagine where this show is going this season. Now did I hear the actress who plays the twin Darling is going to be on even less this year? Was there some kind of 'issues' between this chick and powers that be on the show?

rfduncan 10-01-08 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog (Post 8975537)
I totally forgot how S1 ended though.

"The Nutcracker" really wasn't more than a mid-season break. Nothing really big happened. I'm sure there will be a "Previously on" that will get us all up to speed.

Axeramm 10-01-08 12:36 PM

If i remember right, seems the actress playing Juliet was having some issues and checked into rehab for a while. Seems like her story with the new guy was just starting so not sure how they will handle that. Looking forward to the show though.

starseed1981 10-01-08 12:40 PM

Yeah, no more Samaire Armstrong. Sigh. But glad to have the show back none the less. My favorite new show of last season.

CKMorpheus 10-01-08 12:42 PM

Sucks about Samaire, but I'm glad the show's coming back. The biggest surprise of last season was how good this show was.

Gizmo 10-01-08 01:18 PM

Wonder who dies?

DJariya 10-01-08 03:40 PM

There is also 3 episodes left from Season 1 that never aired. They are being re-worked to fit in with season 2.

Also, the new showrunner this season is Jon Harmon Feldman, who created Big Shots and Tru Calling.

Red Dog 10-01-08 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 8976653)
Also, the new showrunner this season is Jon Harmon Feldman, who created Big Shots and Tru Calling.

That's good. I liked both those shows. I liked Big Shots almost as much as Dirty Sexy Money.

Gizmo 10-01-08 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 8976653)
There is also 3 episodes left from Season 1 that never aired. They are being re-worked to fit in with season 2.

IIRC, Almost all 3 episodes are being canned save for a few scenes.

clckworang 10-01-08 04:07 PM

Loved this show last season. So happy to have it back.

JuryDuty 10-01-08 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Great to see it back. I totally forgot how S1 ended though.

Here's the official ABC "Starter Kit" to catch you up on everything from season 1. It's only a few minutes and worth watching before starting season 2. No spoilers here (unless you haven't seen season 1!):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mMAiwGaFZ3M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mMAiwGaFZ3M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Red Dog 10-01-08 04:27 PM

That was good. I'll definitely need that for Lost before it premieres.

I had forgotten about the youngest son and Sofia Vergara.

kenage 10-01-08 06:10 PM

Looking foreword to this tonight but not liking the idea of adding Lucy Liu to the cast.

Ranger 10-01-08 10:37 PM

first time watching this show and I liked it.

tofu 10-01-08 10:41 PM

What happened to Samaire?

Jimmy James 10-01-08 10:42 PM

I had to stop my viewing toward the end when the clothes were flying off of both parties in the limo. They showed nipple, and I got the idea it was LL's before going back and watching in slow motion. It was a Jeremy nipple, not a Jeremy-temptress one.

I felt it was a very clever episode. I like the flashback structure and felt it served the story well. The acting was quite strong, but I felt the writing was not quite worthy. Here's hoping it gets even better.

mnementh 10-02-08 01:07 AM

No more ringtone leitmotif? Or did that get dropped sometime last season?

CKMorpheus 10-02-08 02:25 AM

LOTS of setup. LOTS of moral ambiguity. I loved this season opener.

Patman 10-02-08 04:34 AM

It still unnerves me how much Lisa looks like Addison from Private Practice.

Giantrobo 10-02-08 05:37 AM

Damn! That Karen Darling is breathtakingly sexy.

- I hope we haven't seen the last of Candis Cayne.

Axeramm 10-02-08 06:13 AM

Really enjoyed this tonight. ABC has a solid night from top to bottom.

conscience 10-02-08 06:16 AM

Great episode. I too thought the flashback style was quite interesting as it set up a lot of questions in the first five minutes and then when you get back to that scene you're like 'oh, yeah' and then you're still surprised when it ends.

I like the addition of Lucy Lui. It's obvious that her character is up to something. Can't wait to find out what that something is.

Not a good episode for first time viewers, though. I thought I read somewhere that they were filming a 'second pilot' of sorts, but this was heavy in information you needed from the previous season.

Red Dog 10-02-08 08:05 AM

I'm usually lusting over Karen in this show, but damn, Lisa was looking awesome in this episode - absolutely amazing cleavage in those tight dresses. :drool: