DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Dirty Sexy Money *S2 Premiere* -- "The Birthday Present" -- 10/1/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/540776-dirty-sexy-money-%2As2-premiere%2A-birthday-present-10-1-08-a.html)

Gizmo 10-02-08 10:24 AM

So which Darling died?

boogieman03 10-02-08 10:47 AM

Patrick's wife.

Patman 10-02-08 10:49 AM

Pat's wife.

Gizmo 10-02-08 11:07 AM

Figured. I knew it wouldn't be a main character.

Giantrobo 10-02-08 12:20 PM

I know they extended Carmelita's (Pat's Transgender lover) part since she was so well received so I wonder what this means for her now that the wife is dead? I know that last night the detective was saying "she doesn't want to be found".

CKMorpheus 10-02-08 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo (Post 8978746)
I know they extended Carmelita's (Pat's Transgender lover) part since she was so well received so I wonder what this means for her now that the wife is dead? I know that last night the detective is saying "she doesn't want to be found".

Patrick's wife seemed to suggest that she had something to do with Carmelita's disappearance. I think they want us to think she killed Carmelita.

rkndkn 10-02-08 01:37 PM

I love this show and great to have it back. Excellent season opener.

Giantrobo 10-02-08 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus (Post 8978779)
Patrick's wife seemed to suggest that she had something to do with Carmelita's disappearance. I think they want us to think she killed Carmelita.

Yeah I remember when she said that. I was just hoping otherwise. I guess we'll see....

Nth Power 10-03-08 04:15 AM

Great start for the new season. Wednesday night is such a great night with this and Pushing Daisies. More people just need to start watching.

Gizmo 10-03-08 11:47 AM

They just completely forgot to either mention the other twin at all...lame.

Good episode though.

Giantrobo 10-03-08 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 8981589)
They just completely forgot to either mention the other twin at all...lame.

Good episode though.

She's gone. I can't remember if she(the character) said she was going away last season or what but the actress, as mentioned earlier in this thread, has had real life "issues" and they said she wouldn't be back.

Speaking of siblings, There's an Eldest daughter who's not Karen right? I saw her name mentioned on the DSM Wiki page and was kinda shocked. The funny thing is I can't remember her. It even said she was in this episode but again, I can't remember her.

Gizmo 10-03-08 03:39 PM

Samire Armstrong is apparently coming back this season...but they should have at least given us a BS reason why she was missing (in Paris...whatever).

Patman 10-03-08 04:45 PM

The eldest daughter will take on Chuck Cunningham proportions if they continue to just refer to her in passing for a few seasons.

Gizmo 10-03-08 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Patman (Post 8982291)
The eldest daughter will take on Chuck Cunningham proportions if they continue to just refer to her in passing for a few seasons.

Who would that be? Isn't Karen the oldest daughter?

I just watched Season One on DVD and they have 5 kids. Karen, Patrick, Brian, Jeremy and Juliet....right?

marty888 10-03-08 08:56 PM

Second season off to a great start - so many other shows have srted up with mediocre epsiodes, but this was right on target.

Giantrobo 10-04-08 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 8982147)
Samire Armstrong is apparently coming back this season...but they should have at least given us a BS reason why she was missing (in Paris...whatever).

Ok, I see where they've changed their minds about her coming back. It was announced in July that she'd be back.

Didn't her character run off with some guy last season?

Axeramm 10-04-08 11:35 AM

She didnt run off with a guy. A guy she met when she took Karen's honeymoon came to town and said he wanted to stay there to be with her.