Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Lost - Season Five news

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost - Season Five news

Old 11-21-08, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There'll be a one-hour recap before the two-hour premiere. Not sure about other episodes, but you can watch them on abc.com for free.
Old 11-21-08, 12:45 PM
Suspended

And of course the DVD (and Blu-ray ) comes out next month.
Old 11-21-08, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Yep. Can't wait to watch season 4 again.
Old 11-21-08, 04:41 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
Well we know of 72 survivors (if you include Aaron). We've seen at least 26 die during the course of the series. 7 have left the island. 14 are either with or were taken by the Others. That leaves 25 unaccounted for. Take away Sawyer, Bernard, Rose, Jin, Claire, and the 5 people on the Zodiac raft at time of explosion/island moving then you got about 15 that we have no clue about.
72, really? I could have swore in Season One it was 40ish (when Hurley was going around with the manifest). But since you seem to have all the other numbers spot on...I'll take your word for it

Can't wait fot Season 4 on Blu-ray to show up. Last years set was amazing.
Old 11-21-08, 05:08 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
Hurley got 48 but he was only counting the Middle section, not the 'tailies'.
I thought all the Tallies, except for now Bernard, died (Eko, Ana Lucio etc.)? I thought there was only, like, 8 of them?
Old 11-21-08, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
I thought all the Tallies, except for now Bernard, died (Eko, Ana Lucio etc.)? I thought there was only, like, 8 of them?
There was a bunch that were abducted and killed. Watch The Other 48 Days in Season 2 again.
Old 11-21-08, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts
I don't think they ever really gave us any hard statistics on the tail section people.

There were quite a few who survived the crash. The Others seem to have abducted a number of them ... Cindy and the two children are the only ones we've seen and know are still alive and living among the Others... and by the time the tailies met up with Jack's crew there were only four left (Ana, Eko, Bernard, and Libby). Since Goodwin killed Nathan, it's hard to tell what the Others did with all of them.
Old 11-21-08, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flave
Before the new season starts, does ABC intend to re-broadcast eps from the end of last season? So we can remember where we left off? My memory ain't what it used to be...
They may play on G4 or scifi. I don't know what kind of deal they have worked out. I've been watching an ep a day on G4 and it's currently up to the end of season 2.
Old 11-21-08, 08:23 PM

I found this somewhere. The first meeting of Locke and Marvin Candle. I'm not sure what movie it is.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-zW3ObUnPA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-zW3ObUnPA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 11-21-08, 08:52 PM
Suspended

Damn...looks like shit's really gonna hit the fan.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x2t8r2ksZ3k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x2t8r2ksZ3k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 11-25-08, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 866 Likes on 390 Posts
^^^

ABC has launched the new trailer for the fifth season of "Lost," which features music from The Fray's "You Found Me." In the trailer at the 1:34 and 2:25 mark, the studio flashes the logo for a tie-in company called Ajira Airways, which can be visited at www.AjiraAirways.com. The trailer, which you can view below, consists of footage from last season as well as from the upcoming season. "Lost" premieres on Wednesday, January 21st at 8/7c.
Old 11-25-08, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Seriously...can Hurley drive AT ALL?
Old 11-25-08, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oddly enough, I just turned on Stargate: SG-1, and there stands Candle himself.

Oh, and "can't wait!"
Old 12-02-08, 05:24 PM
Suspended

Scene from the premiere.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vIIjKn-yPzY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vIIjKn-yPzY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 12-02-08, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Can't wait!!!
Old 12-02-08, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Like they aren't going to have someone sitting on her house waiting for her to bolt.

Honestly the few glimpses of Desmond in the music video above has gotten me more excited than anything.
Old 12-02-08, 08:03 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Like they aren't going to have someone sitting on her house waiting for her to bolt.

Honestly the few glimpses of Desmond in the music video above has gotten me more excited than anything.
Yeah, I was waiting for her to open the door when she was leaving and have the lawyers standing there asking her where she was going. For somebody who successfully eluded a US Marshall for quite a while, she doesn't seem particularly slippery.

The question is - who blew the whistle and hired the lawyers? Ben? Jack?
Old 12-02-08, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

How about Widmore?

Maybe somebody did the math of somebody going missing for 108 days after not being known to be pregnant in Federal custody coming back with 2-month old?
Old 12-03-08, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Personally, I'm glad they are addressing it.

Originally Posted by aktick
The question is - who blew the whistle and hired the lawyers? Ben? Jack?
At first thought I was like, why the fuck would Ben or Jack hire lawyers to determine paternity when they already know... let the early morning coffee set in... ahhh, to get Kate to go back to the island. Brilliant!
Old 12-03-08, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts
CHUD.com Live Blog of the Lost Season 4 DVD with Lindelof and Cuse

Okay, I'm rather pissed off about this: (VERY MINOR spoilerly material, hidden only for the most sensitive folks)

Spoiler:
Q: Are we ever going to get back-stories for Rousseau, Libby, and/or Walt or does that now fall by the wayside with only thirty-four episodes left?

Cartlon Cuse: Let's just say you will get more information about Rousseau and Walt at least. We can't comment about who will or wont get full-on flashbacks. Obviously as the story moves forward we'll be answering questions at a faster rate. But some stories -- like Libby's -- we feel are pretty much finished.
Spoiler:
Libby's story is "pretty much finished?" They've been teasing us with her backstory ever since she was killed off in the second season. We still don't know what she was doing in the mental institution with Hurley, and there's also the matter of Desmond's sailboat. She's been in the backstory of two major characters with no explanation.

I was disappointed when they brought her back for Michael's flashback only to waste the character on a couple of throwaway "ghost" scenes, and now they tell us her story is finished? Didn't they, at one point, tell us that what we'd seen of her backstory was only the tip of the iceberg?
Old 12-03-08, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh, yeah, THIS is what a good show looks like...
Old 12-03-08, 07:38 PM
Suspended

Old 12-03-08, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Awesome. Another question, this time, literally.
Old 12-03-08, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In regards to the scene, my guess is Jack.
Old 12-03-08, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 947 Likes on 670 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
CHUD.com Live Blog of the Lost Season 4 DVD with Lindelof and Cuse

Okay, I'm rather pissed off about this: (VERY MINOR spoilerly material, hidden only for the most sensitive folks)

Spoiler:
Libby's story is "pretty much finished?" They've been teasing us with her backstory ever since she was killed off in the second season. We still don't know what she was doing in the mental institution with Hurley, and there's also the matter of Desmond's sailboat. She's been in the backstory of two major characters with no explanation.

I was disappointed when they brought her back for Michael's flashback only to waste the character on a couple of throwaway "ghost" scenes, and now they tell us her story is finished? Didn't they, at one point, tell us that what we'd seen of her backstory was only the tip of the iceberg?

I'll continue the spoiler tags just because you did...

Spoiler:
I think the biggest issue I had with season 2 was some awkward pacing and the fact that much of it turned out to be pointless due to all of the deaths. Anna Lucia I can deal with and I'll even buy that she was always meant to die. Ecko's death bothered me because it seemed like they never really tapped into the the character's true potential and just couldn't think of where to go with his story. But at least we were shown his background and where he came from.

Libby, on the other hand, just pissed me off. They clearly had a back story for her and we just never got to see it. She just strikes me as the quintessential loose end. Ultimately I don't think her story matters much in the overall scheme of things and that's why we'll never see it, but I think many will agree that the reveal at the end of DAVE, especially the look on her face when she walks away from the cliff with Hurley, was a really cool moment. No resolution to that moment makes it meaningless and kind of annoying on repeat viewings.

Just for the record, I doubt we'll see any kind of satisfactory backstory/explanation for either Rousseau or Walt, no matter what the writers say.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.