Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Entourage - "The All Out Fall Out" - 9/21/08

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-08, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Coral
It's also even more ridiculous that only 2 years (and 1 bombed film) after starring in the "highest grossing film of all time" he's reduced to doing guest appearances at Sweet 16 birthday parties since no studios are interested in him.
Two words: Mark Hamill.

Two more: Carrie Fisher.
Old 09-23-08, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Goat3001
Here's some breaking news: Entourage isn't real life. They know that the idea of an Aquaman movie is incredibly stupid, hence the joke that its such a big movie.
I dont even think its that so much.... I think Aquaman was chosen because its one of the few semi-well known superheroes that havent been touched on the big screen in real life, so the creators of Entourage chose it as there big blockbuster for Vince. They obviously couldnt use Spiderman, Batman, or Superman... right?

Aquaman isnt meant to be a joke, its meant to be Vince's big summer blockbuster. It couldnt be something that already exists.
Old 09-23-08, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
yup there is no way that Aquaman could become the highest grossing film of all time, only movies about 80 year old boats could do that.
Old 09-23-08, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
I dont even think its that so much.... I think Aquaman was chosen because its one of the few semi-well known superheroes that havent been touched on the big screen in real life, so the creators of Entourage chose it as there big blockbuster for Vince. They obviously couldnt use Spiderman, Batman, or Superman... right?

Aquaman isnt meant to be a joke, its meant to be Vince's big summer blockbuster. It couldnt be something that already exists.

Come on... it's meant to be a little bit of a joke... and I'm a huge DC fan... but Aquaman will ALWAYS be the red-headed stepchild of superheroes...

-Doc
Old 09-23-08, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush

You are partly right. They couldn't use any of the other guys and they knew that no one would ever make an Aquaman movie... but the reason they chose Aquaman is because its a ridiculous superhero and the idea of it being the highest grossing film of all time is a joke. Even James Cameron said that Aquaman is a terrible character. There are other super heroes they could have chosen but it is a comedy after all.

For further reference of how the show exaggerates things to make it a joke is Queens Blvd... when the execs tried to release it wide and the colors were ridiculously overdone and the poster was pink.
Old 09-23-08, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wait, Aquaman is a real comic? I always thought it was something made up for the show!
Old 09-23-08, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaman
Old 09-23-08, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
This line is LOL:

In pop culture, Aquaman has been the subject of satire and mockery for his most distinctive powers, which are often portrayed as useless. This is most likely because his powers are mistakenly believed to only include the ability to breathe underwater and talk to fish, which in comparison to superman's abilities amounts to having no super powers at all.
Old 09-23-08, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I guess i see your point. Still though, for the sake of the show, it works out well.
Old 09-23-08, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
This line is LOL:

In pop culture, Aquaman has been the subject of satire and mockery for his most distinctive powers, which are often portrayed as useless. This is most likely because his powers are mistakenly believed to only include the ability to breathe underwater and talk to fish, which in comparison to superman's abilities amounts to having no super powers at all.
hahaa, that's why I think that the notion of the Aquman movie is so funny. Still thought, I had heard that they were seriously considering doing one...
Old 09-25-08, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They were considering doing an Aquaman TV show. They had the character appear on Smallville and I believe filmed the pilot, but WB didn't pick it up and it floundered...
Old 09-25-08, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Wazootyman
and it floundered...

Wow, just... wow.
Old 09-25-08, 05:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight
AQUAMAN may hae been the highest grossing film of all time, but he walked away from AQUAMAN 2. That's reason enough for the studios not wanting to deal with him.
That would be like the actor who played Luke Skywalker walking away from THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. Where would his career be.
Old 09-25-08, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by wm lopez
That would be like the actor who played Luke Skywalker walking away from THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. Where would his career be.
He'd probably be stuck doing voices for cartoons or something.
Old 09-26-08, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by JTH182
He'd probably be stuck doing voices for cartoons or something.
LOL, but he sure made a good Joker!