Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Entourage - "The All Out Fall Out" - 9/21/08

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Entourage - "The All Out Fall Out" - 9/21/08

Old 09-23-08, 10:52 AM
  #26  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sean O'Hara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vichy America
Posts: 13,533
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
It's also even more ridiculous that only 2 years (and 1 bombed film) after starring in the "highest grossing film of all time" he's reduced to doing guest appearances at Sweet 16 birthday parties since no studios are interested in him.
Two words: Mark Hamill.

Two more: Carrie Fisher.
Old 09-23-08, 11:51 AM
  #27  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,594
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Goat3001 View Post
Here's some breaking news: Entourage isn't real life. They know that the idea of an Aquaman movie is incredibly stupid, hence the joke that its such a big movie.
I dont even think its that so much.... I think Aquaman was chosen because its one of the few semi-well known superheroes that havent been touched on the big screen in real life, so the creators of Entourage chose it as there big blockbuster for Vince. They obviously couldnt use Spiderman, Batman, or Superman... right?

Aquaman isnt meant to be a joke, its meant to be Vince's big summer blockbuster. It couldnt be something that already exists.
Old 09-23-08, 11:54 AM
  #28  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
sauce07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Centreville, VA
Posts: 6,547
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
yup there is no way that Aquaman could become the highest grossing film of all time, only movies about 80 year old boats could do that.
Old 09-23-08, 12:59 PM
  #29  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,385
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
I dont even think its that so much.... I think Aquaman was chosen because its one of the few semi-well known superheroes that havent been touched on the big screen in real life, so the creators of Entourage chose it as there big blockbuster for Vince. They obviously couldnt use Spiderman, Batman, or Superman... right?

Aquaman isnt meant to be a joke, its meant to be Vince's big summer blockbuster. It couldnt be something that already exists.

Come on... it's meant to be a little bit of a joke... and I'm a huge DC fan... but Aquaman will ALWAYS be the red-headed stepchild of superheroes...


-Doc
Old 09-23-08, 01:17 PM
  #30  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Goat3001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 17,116
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
I dont even think its that so much.... I think Aquaman was chosen because its one of the few semi-well known superheroes that havent been touched on the big screen in real life, so the creators of Entourage chose it as there big blockbuster for Vince. They obviously couldnt use Spiderman, Batman, or Superman... right?

Aquaman isnt meant to be a joke, its meant to be Vince's big summer blockbuster. It couldnt be something that already exists.
You are partly right. They couldn't use any of the other guys and they knew that no one would ever make an Aquaman movie... but the reason they chose Aquaman is because its a ridiculous superhero and the idea of it being the highest grossing film of all time is a joke. Even James Cameron said that Aquaman is a terrible character. There are other super heroes they could have chosen but it is a comedy after all.

For further reference of how the show exaggerates things to make it a joke is Queens Blvd... when the execs tried to release it wide and the colors were ridiculously overdone and the poster was pink.
Old 09-23-08, 01:31 PM
  #31  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
CKMorpheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 8,036
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wait, Aquaman is a real comic? I always thought it was something made up for the show!
Old 09-23-08, 01:33 PM
  #32  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaman
Old 09-23-08, 01:59 PM
  #33  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 25,294
Likes: 0
Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman View Post
This line is LOL:

In pop culture, Aquaman has been the subject of satire and mockery for his most distinctive powers, which are often portrayed as useless. This is most likely because his powers are mistakenly believed to only include the ability to breathe underwater and talk to fish, which in comparison to superman's abilities amounts to having no super powers at all.
Old 09-23-08, 02:51 PM
  #34  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,594
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess i see your point. Still though, for the sake of the show, it works out well.
Old 09-23-08, 02:52 PM
  #35  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 857
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
This line is LOL:

In pop culture, Aquaman has been the subject of satire and mockery for his most distinctive powers, which are often portrayed as useless. This is most likely because his powers are mistakenly believed to only include the ability to breathe underwater and talk to fish, which in comparison to superman's abilities amounts to having no super powers at all.
hahaa, that's why I think that the notion of the Aquman movie is so funny. Still thought, I had heard that they were seriously considering doing one...
Old 09-25-08, 12:30 AM
  #36  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They were considering doing an Aquaman TV show. They had the character appear on Smallville and I believe filmed the pilot, but WB didn't pick it up and it floundered...
Old 09-25-08, 12:56 AM
  #37  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
JTH182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,504
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Wazootyman View Post
and it floundered...

Wow, just... wow.
Old 09-25-08, 05:54 PM
  #38  
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,982
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight View Post
AQUAMAN may hae been the highest grossing film of all time, but he walked away from AQUAMAN 2. That's reason enough for the studios not wanting to deal with him.
That would be like the actor who played Luke Skywalker walking away from THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. Where would his career be.
Old 09-25-08, 09:04 PM
  #39  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
JTH182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,504
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by wm lopez View Post
That would be like the actor who played Luke Skywalker walking away from THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. Where would his career be.
He'd probably be stuck doing voices for cartoons or something.
Old 09-26-08, 10:59 AM
  #40  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: OHIO
Posts: 445
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
He'd probably be stuck doing voices for cartoons or something.
LOL, but he sure made a good Joker!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.