TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Prison Break--"Shut Down"---9/8/08

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-08, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy
It can't be his boss. If it is, what is the point of the hitman trying to find where Michael and Linc are?

I found it interesting too that Alex's wife is still alive. I figure the hitman would kill his wife first and then the son, not just the son.
+1, that would be sloppy on the writers part, and insulting to the audience.

As for Alex's wife, his explanation of it was plausible enough for me.
Old 09-09-08, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts
I don't think I have ever liked Micheal Rappaport in anything and this show is no different. For the life of me I can't understand how this guy continues to get work.
Old 09-09-08, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can't stand Rappaport. But I definitely look forward to the new found pact between Lincoln and Mahone
Old 09-09-08, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 431 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by Timber
I don't think I have ever liked Micheal Rappaport in anything and this show is no different. For the life of me I can't understand how this guy continues to get work.
+1

As soon as I saw him last week i just groaned.
Old 09-09-08, 11:43 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
another fun episode
Old 09-09-08, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Because HE is one of the five with the cards. I'm hoping Self has to go rogue himself, having to hide their operation's continuing. Now that he realizes what he is trying to do to the Company is THAT CLOSE to him, he will have to be less cavalier and more stealthy and trusting of the convicts.
Is this really the case? Did I totally miss them showing his boss in the meeting with the company? or are you just speculating?

So I think we can all agree that:
Michael rapaport sucks
The hitman scenes are pretty dull so far
Prison break kicks ass!!!!!!
Old 09-09-08, 11:50 AM
Cool New Member

Nobody's commenting on Mahone getting the package? Didn't he pick up the package from where the 6 company guys were meeting?
Old 09-09-08, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by slideways
Nobody's commenting on Mahone getting the package? Didn't he pick up the package from where the 6 company guys were meeting?
I believe they were back to the original warehouse at that point.
Old 09-09-08, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
How come in earlier seasons Bald Headed Bad Boss Man would not talk, only write, but now he yammers all the time no matter where he is?
Old 09-09-08, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by uteotw
How come in earlier seasons Bald Headed Bad Boss Man would not talk, only write, but now he yammers all the time no matter where he is?
he had laryngitis.........Duh
Old 09-09-08, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by slideways
I said that to my wife .. How convenient it was that the place he wanted them to drop off the package was the same place they were going. But if they were back at the warehouse, then that would be tremdeously stupid as it now puts yet another person (that knows where they are) in harm's way.
Old 09-09-08, 04:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rappaport. He always plays some douche bag character for the most part, and his role doesn't seem to ever change, nor his acting. He still amuses me for some reason.

Anyone else seem to think that this hour of TV goes by waaaay to quickly?
Old 09-09-08, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,709 Likes on 2,665 Posts
Originally Posted by orderandlaw
Rappaport. He always plays some douche bag character for the most part, and his role doesn't seem to ever change, nor his acting. He still amuses me for some reason.

Anyone else seem to think that this hour of TV goes by waaaay to quickly?
I agree that was the fastest 1 hour of TV last night. Some of the episodes last season at Sona dragged, but things have improved this season.
Old 09-09-08, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It can't be his boss. If it is, what is the point of the hitman trying to find where Michael and Linc are?
And just how would that be different from half of the other nonsense this show constantly feeds us? If Michael can have his tattoos removed overnight, then it's perfectly reasonable that his boss could be a card holder. It makes perfect "Prison Break Sense".

That said, I wasn't sure I'd watch this season. I enjoyed season 1, keep waiting for season 2 to get good, thought season 3 was some of the worst TV I'd ever seen and only watched out of boredom. But I'm really digging this season.
Old 09-09-08, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Timber
Because he is Dick Ritchie.
Old 09-10-08, 06:47 AM

Yeah, Rapaport acts exactly the same in every role, but there is something amusing and likable about ol' Dick Ritchie, so I do kind of enjoy him here, even though a part of me is annoyed by him. Loved it at the end when his boss is all "When they bury you, I'll be the first one with a shovel!!!!" In his most menacing tone, and Rapaport says "Great, I'll see you then." -- his delivery was really funny.

As for Mahone and the envelope, I think that was supposed to be some OTHER construction-looking site. I blame the location scouts or something.

I must say that I wasn't expecting so much praise for this season when I entered this thread. I'll probably keep watching, but I find this the least compelling the show has ever been. Even the manhunt in season two started off with more tension than this. I don't know if it was the shift to LA or what, but everyone just seems too relaxed. It helps me to think of this as a different show, like a Mission: Impossible or something.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait for Gretchen to come back.
Old 09-10-08, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by orderandlaw
How about his character on Friends, Boston Public, War at Home or My Name Is Earl?

What the HELL is up with these clear dry-erase boards? The gang was using one in this episode, and when you were looking at it from their perspective, you couldn't read a damn thing on it. What is the point of them?

I'm glad they got a new opening. After just the title card last week, I was afraid they'd done away with it.
Old 09-10-08, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by areacode212
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait for Gretchen to come back.
I will call it first. They will have Getchen working with Michael and team to take down The Company.
Old 09-10-08, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
And just how would that be different from half of the other nonsense this show constantly feeds us? If Michael can have his tattoos removed overnight, then it's perfectly reasonable that his boss could be a card holder. It makes perfect "Prison Break Sense".

That said, I wasn't sure I'd watch this season. I enjoyed season 1, keep waiting for season 2 to get good, thought season 3 was some of the worst TV I'd ever seen and only watched out of boredom. But I'm really digging this season.
They might move at pace faster and more ridiculous than 24 but to say the boss is part of the company is completely retarded. Then there is no point for the company to look for Michael and Linc. They would know about the team's location and are after the cards, which the company has no clue about.
Old 09-10-08, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They might move at pace faster and more ridiculous than 24 but to say the boss is part of the company is completely retarded. Then there is no point for the company to look for Michael and Linc. They would know about the team's location and are after the cards, which the company has no clue about.
Of course it's completely retarded. It's Prison Break. Have you not seen seasons 1-3?

And since you seem to be sarcasm-impaired, I'd just like to point out that I'm joking. Although I wouldn't put it past them to give it their best shot.
Old 09-11-08, 04:32 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
I'm with everyone who thought this episode moved along at a fast pace. I'm liking this season much better than last already.

And yeah, Rappaport is annoying, as always.

The hitman character is pretty badass.

Teabag is always fun to watch.

Lincoln with the ax had me rolling.
Old 09-11-08, 09:02 PM

Rappaport still has the same dumb body language that he did as a neonazi in higher Learning almost 20 years ago.