90210 (The CW) -- Discussion Thread -- Reboot of '90s Series

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-12, 10:52 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: 90210 -- Season Finale -- "Forever Hold Your Peace" -- 5/15/12

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Do they still have the gay characters?
Is every one of your comments about something/someone gay? No matter what show, it's gay.
Old 10-08-12, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
90210 -- Season Premiere -- "Til Death Do Us Part" -- 10/08/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

In the season five premiere, Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord) and Max (Josh Zuckerman) make some big plans that go horribly awry when they both get arrested and land in jail. Liam (Matt Lanter) is forced to put The Offshore up for sale in order to pay off Vanessa (Arielle Kebbel) and buy out her $200,000 interest in Liam's movie contract. Navid (Michael Steger) approaches Liam about becoming his business partner. Teddy (Trevor Donovan) is overwhelmed by Silver's (Jessica Stroup) request to father her baby. Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes), unaware Dixon (Tristan Wilds) has gotten into a life-threatening accident, has an unforgettable evening in Las Vegas with a handsome stranger, Taylor (Wes Brown), after she vows to get over Dixon and move on with her life. Annie (Shenae Grimes) asks Ade to return to Los Angeles to be with an unconscious Dixon, and the two girls decide to move into the beach house together. Stuart Gillard directed the episode written by Patti Carr (#501).

Promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kNadhERyLwo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-11-12, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: 90210 -- Season Premiere -- "Til Death Do Us Part" -- 10/08/12

to not killing off Dixon.

That would have been a perfect opportunity to shake things up.

It was nice to see Lori Loughlin again.

Alright, the whole thing with Silver wanting to have a baby now because of the whole cancer gene thing is just stupid. And to top it off, they bring back Teddy and she wants him to be the father? Ok?
Old 10-11-12, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Were any of the other guys in the car with Dixon black? I can't remember...but they probably could have sped things up in the morgue if they told the guy that Dixon was African American.

What was the time frame that the last season finale took place? Was it supposed to take place when it aired...in May? I don't think Carly Rae Jepsen was a big star back then. They probably wouldn't even know who she is.

And wasn't Arianna a big pop star on this show? Yet the guy she slept with didn't know who she was.

I know...this isn't a show worth nitpicking, but I have to give myself some reason why I keep watching. Hopefully they end it this year.

It might have been nice for Dixon's father to drop by as well.
Old 10-11-12, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by windom
Were any of the other guys in the car with Dixon black? I can't remember...but they probably could have sped things up in the morgue if they told the guy that Dixon was African American.

What was the time frame that the last season finale took place? Was it supposed to take place when it aired...in May? I don't think Carly Rae Jepsen was a big star back then. They probably wouldn't even know who she is.

And wasn't Arianna a big pop star on this show? Yet the guy she slept with didn't know who she was.

I know...this isn't a show worth nitpicking, but I have to give myself some reason why I keep watching. Hopefully they end it this year.

It might have been nice for Dixon's father to drop by as well.
Dixon was the only black guy in the car. I agree they could have spared the group alot of grief by saying whether or not any of the 3 dead guys was black.

Not sure about the time frame, but Jepsen's big album was released September 18th. Maybe she had singles floating around in May? Seems like the events in this episode took place a few days or so after the accident.

I think this will most likely be the final season. Ratings dropped below 1M viewers.
Old 10-11-12, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
to not killing off Dixon.
Agreed. That was a let down.
Old 10-12-12, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts

at how they sent them to the morgue first.....oh by the way, 1 victim was transported to the hospital.
Old 10-12-12, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts

Dixon was the only black guy in the car. I agree they could have spared the group alot of grief by saying whether or not any of the 3 dead guys was black.
Dixon is the most unblack person on the show....maybe that threw the coroner off.
Old 10-15-12, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk God

90210 -- "The Sea Change" -- 10/15/12

Synopsis:

Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord) and Max's (Josh Zuckerman) honeymoon plans are put on hold after Alec (Trai Byers) informs Max that his whirlwind wedding has caused a public relations problem and lowered their tech company's stock price. Naomi decides to throw a high-class reception to reassure Max's investors that their marriage isn't a cause for concern. Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes) discovers that club promoter Taylor (Wes Brown), her one-night stand from Las Vegas, is partnering with Liam (Matt Lanter) and Navid (Michael Steger) to re-launch The Offshore. Adrianna insists that their fling was a one-time thing, but Taylor suspects she has deeper feelings. At physical therapy, Annie (Shenae Grimes) and Dixon (Tristan Wilds) encounter fellow patient, Riley (guest-star Riley Smith), who warns Annie to stop babying Dixon so he can learn how to manage on his own. At home, Dixon explodes on Annie and tells her that he's tired of her help. Liam offers to buy out Vanessa's (Arielle Kebbel) portion of his movie contract, but Vanessa blackmails Liam to be her boyfriend again by threatening to show the police hidden camera footage of Liam. Silver (Jessica Stroup) invites Liam to be her date at Naomi's reception, but gets a surprising answer. Liam confronts Vanessa after the reception, but their argument is cut short by a shocking accident. Bethany Rooney directed the episode written by Lara Olsen (#502).

^^^ Seriously? (the stuff in bold)
Old 10-15-12, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: 90210 -- "The Sea Change" -- 10/15/12

Wish Dixon would of died. He sucked extra hard this episode.

It was also laughing at the end with whatever her name is falling over the balcony.
Old 10-16-12, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: 90210 -- "The Sea Change" -- 10/15/12

The show just jumped the apartment complex into Melrose Place/Models Inc territory with that ending.

And having a major plot point from the season opener be the same one as something from the L.A. Complex is never a good thing.
Old 10-22-12, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk God

90210 -- "It's All Fun and Games" -- 10/22/12

Synopsis:

Silver (Jessica Stroup) has yet to schedule her insemination appointment, and worries that she'll no longer be attractive after undergoing the preventive surgeries. Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes) encourages Silver to treat herself to an irresponsible day of fun doing all the things that she won't be able to do once she becomes a mother. Alec (Trai Byers) ignores Naomi's (AnnaLynne McCord) gestures to make nice, so Naomi poses as a wealthy investor and lures him to her yacht for a phony business meeting. The two reach an agreement to get along, and Alec spontaneously kisses Naomi, which she rebuffs. Alec apologizes, but Naomi insists on telling Max (Josh Zuckerman), unaware that Alec had planted the kiss to blackmail her. Meanwhile, Annie (Shenae Grimes) thinks that Riley (guest-star Riley Smith) is too hard on Dixon (Tristan Wilds), but Riley insists that Dixon needs to change his attitude in order to accelerate his recovery. Liam (Matt Lanter) learns that his video game contract can't be finalized without Vanessa's (Arielle Kebbel) approval, so Annie encourages him to speak with her attorney, Lindsey Beckwith (Peyton List). Liam worries when a detective shows up asking questions about Vanessa's whereabouts. Cherie Nowlan directed the episode written by Brian Dawson (#503).

Read more: Listings - 90210 on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2A5ATe0YG

Episode 3 of 22

This stupid artificial insemination storyline with Silver is the worst. Same with Vanessa being brought back.

I hope The CW puts this show out of it's misery after this season.

On the plus side, Peyton List guest starring. At least she's nice to look at.
Old 10-23-12, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: 90210 -- "It's All Fun and Games" -- 10/22/12

at Liam getting away with "manslaughter"

I liked his reaction to the Cop when he revealed Vanessa was a Con artist and she probably disappeared. That also voided his contract with her since she was using an alias.

I hate the stuff with Silver. That storyline is crap. and really? Modeling nude as a last memory of what her body was. It's apparent the writers have no idea what to do with her and created this lame cancer storyline to give her something to do.

So the black dude took blackmail photos of him kissing Naomi?
Old 10-24-12, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: 90210 -- "It's All Fun and Games" -- 10/22/12

So the black dude took blackmail photos of him kissing Naomi?
Anything to save his best friend!
Old 11-05-12, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk God

90210 -- Season 5 Thread -- Mondays (The CW)

Tonight is episode 4

Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord) plans a romantic getaway with Max (Josh Zuckerman), intending to disclose that Alec (Trai Byers) kissed her, but when Max persuades Naomi to perform a trust-building exercise, she freaks out when she's unable to complete it. Silver (Jessica Stroup) discovers that nude pictures from her photo shoot have been posted on the internet, and receives help removing them from Annie's (Shenae Grimes) new prospect, Collin (guest-star Rob Mayes). Liam (Matt Lanter) enrolls in Lindsey's (guest-star Peyton List) business law class, but she assumes he's not serious about his education. Liam's new costar, Kendall (guest-star Nicole Paggi), is harassing him to begin a relationship with her for publicity, so Liam attempts to escape by going camping with Navid (Michael Steger) and Dixon (Tristan Wilds). When Liam goes missing in the woods, Kendall seizes the opportunity to alert the media to find him. Meanwhile, Dixon encourages Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes) to hire Taylor (Wes Brown) to create her new music video concept. After Taylor dares Adrianna to show him how sexy she can be, she realizes that she has feeling for him. Hanell Culpepper directed the episode written by Chris Atwood (#504).

Read more: Listings - 90210 on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2BPFr5deE
Old 11-08-12, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: 90210 -- Season 5 Thread -- Mondays (The CW)

Adrianna's little strip tease pole dance. That was pretty hot.

Who wants to bet that Liam hooks up for the Hot teacher?