Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

30 Days - Season 3 - June 3rd, 10pm

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-08, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
I really enjoyed the Same-Sex Parenting episode, but found the woman way too close minded. I thought she wanted to go into this experience to try and see things from the other side, but she couldn't get over her bigotry and ignorance. Really upsetting, but I guess it goes to show you some things are very deep seeded.

SPOILER:

I think this is the first episode of 30 Days that does NOT have a happy ending.

Last edited by jeffkjoe; 06-25-08 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-26-08, 08:34 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by FatTony
Looks like there's some controversy over things said by a couple of interviewees in the "Same-Sex Parenting" episode and how they were presented as facts and left unchallenged.
Yeah, I was a little surprised that they let that guy just rattle off a bunch of "facts" without confirming or denying their truthfulness.

The woman was driving my wife nuts. I did feel bad for her because she was under attack from everybody pretty much the entire time. On the other hand, she was willing to say it's terrible for children to languish in foster care and group homes -- but that it was more important that her moral sensibilities not be offended. Very weird.
Old 06-26-08, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
At times I felt the people were just trying to talk to her and she was was just too much in a defensive posture. I think she was just too primed to defend her views rather than listen to what others had to say with a truly open mind.
Old 06-26-08, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could not stand that woman from this week's episode. I actually turned it off with around 20 minutes to go
Old 06-26-08, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gotrice487
I could not stand that woman from this week's episode. I actually turned it off with around 20 minutes to go
You didn't miss much, she never changed her mind. It was just about 20 minutes more of her going "Why are they attacking me? I have an open mind! But the kids will think being gay is alright! Heaven forbid!"
Old 06-26-08, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
You didn't miss much, she never changed her mind. It was just about 20 minutes more of her going "Why are they attacking me? I have an open mind! But the kids will think being gay is alright! Heaven forbid!"
Thank you for letting me know I was correct in turning it off. What made me more upset is that I belong to the same church that she does yet I am open minded to the entire issue as a good home is all that matters to me for children who are not fortunate enough to have one.
Old 06-29-08, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When they were having the last discussion at the kitchen table I really felt for the guy having this woman really put down the security they were providing those boys. Personally, I think that lady came off as a jerk.
Old 06-29-08, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
Originally Posted by atlantamoi
Personally, I think that lady came off as a jerk.
... a closed-minded jerk that couldn't see beyond her small little world, and far too insecure to look at the issue objectively, challenging her misguided world-view.
Old 06-30-08, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The episode about the hunter working with PETA was well done. I'm glad the guy they picked was intelligent, and not some dumb ass redneck. I thought it was so incredibly ridiculous when that Animal Acres woman was comparing mistreated chickens to Jews during WWII. Is she serious?!?!? Still, it was good in that the guy kept eating meat but he now understood what these animals go through and wanted it to stop.
Old 07-04-08, 06:51 AM
Cool New Member

the gun episode...that was pretty sad.
that woman clearly has some issues.
Old 07-07-08, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just watched the same-sex parenting episode... my god.

"The world does not conform to my view of reality!"
"I'm being asked to defend my opinions! Why are gay people so mean?"