Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

LOST -- "There's No Place Like Home Pts. 2 & 3" -- 05.29.2008

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-08, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Plus, I don't think they necessarily mentioned everyone that had to go back. Jack mentioned the O6 and Ben just brought up Locke because he was there in the room.

And Desmond wasn't on the plane, so maybe he doesn't have to go back.
Old 05-29-08, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
This was on right after the show went off. I didn't think anything of it when I first saw it but then heard the unpaid part.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V0PkRJRSv3M&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V0PkRJRSv3M&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 05-29-08, 10:15 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by beatccr
what happened to the people in the zodiac??
Yeah, did they get sucked with the island or are they floating around? You'd think if they didn't go with the island, Penny's boat would've found them too?
Old 05-29-08, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's going to be interesting to see how they play the list of who has to go back. Does that include Walt? The scattered remains of Jin and Michael? Are Jin and Michael perhaps not blown to a million bits after all? Does it include the helicopter pilot and Desmond?

What I really want to know is what went so bad on the island? Is it the smoke monster? Did this large group of people who mostly want to be there have some sort of conflict? It's going to be interesting.
Old 05-29-08, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts
Yea i knew something was up with that website when it said abc down in the left corner
Old 05-29-08, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think they got sucked with the island. I don't think they kill off Faraday just like that.
Old 05-29-08, 10:21 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
What I really want to know is what went so bad on the island? Is it the smoke monster? Did this large group of people who mostly want to be there have some sort of conflict? It's going to be interesting.
Because everybody left on the island that we know of SHOULD be getting along, shouldn't they? And where is the island even at? It would seem it should be wherever Ben ended up, but that's clearly not the case.

Was that actually the kid that originally played Walt?
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sayid said he was a corporate headhunter previously, I missed the ad live.
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, that was insane! The wait for S5 is going to be killer!!!
Old 05-29-08, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Jin is still alive.

What's up with the red head being BORN on the island? She must have broke it after she came out.

Loved the Desmond/Penny part.

Some things that still bug me:
- Red head being born on island/babies dying
- Claire is ??? where? No one else is supposed to raise Aaron.
- Miles's purpose to the show
Old 05-29-08, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Frank and Desmond are not members of Oceanic Flight 815 so I don't think that they have to return to the island.

Hope the Zodiac went with the island.

Geat Finale. Next January cannot get her soon enough.

Doug
Old 05-29-08, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yeah, and I have a feeling that Jin is not dead either. We never saw him blow up, he may have jumped off the boat and then get sucked into wherever the island went.

In fact, if you noticed, for the first time the peple on the island could actually see the boat from the island (i.e. Juliet on he beach). I wonder if this is supposed to mean that the boat somehow got close enough to the island to be within its time bubble or something like that. That would mean that anyone who survived the explosion and those with Faraday probably got sucked in with the island to god knows where.

Anyways, great comeback season for a show I amost gave up on a few times. I am glad I stuck with it now.
Old 05-29-08, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Also, is there a possibility Michael survived somehow? I mean he heard the Voices right before the bomb went off, just like he did every other time he escaped death. Or were the voices just signalng Christian's arrival?

When it was first let out that the red head was coming back to the island, I thought she was Ben's chick that is still a mystery of what happened to her.

My wife just got home and asked how it was, the only way I can sum it up is...it was so awesome that Jin got blown up and it's still awesome.
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
That name "Jeremy Bentham" sounded familiar to me, like I heard it before on TV or something, so I looked it up. The "real" Jeremy Bentham had his body preserved and put on display at University College London. I remember seeing something about this somewhere (probably The History Channel). Also the time in which he lived means Jeremy Bentham was an English contemporary of the "real" John Locke, so that was a hint too.
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdoug57
Frank and Desmond are not members of Oceanic Flight 815 so I don't think that they have to return to the island.
Well, that gets us right back to the dilemma about Aaron. Of course, those little dilemmas are what makes discussing the show so fun.
Old 05-29-08, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dave-o
Yeah, and I have a feeling that Jin is not dead either. We never saw him blow up, he may have jumped off the boat and then get sucked into wherever the island went.

In fact, if you noticed, for the first time the peple on the island could actually see the boat from the island (i.e. Juliet on he beach). I wonder if this is supposed to mean that the boat somehow got close enough to the island to be within its time bubble or something like that. That would mean that anyone who survived the explosion and those with Faraday probably got sucked in with the island to god knows where.
The helicopter was flying from the freighter to the island and was clearly much closer than the boat would have been. If the freighter got sucked in, why not the helicopter?
Old 05-29-08, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Season Five Spoiler:

Spoiler:

A series regular who has been on the series since the first season will not be back next season (season five). According to inside sources, this person's contract has been put into a holding deal and the plan at this point is to have him or her return for season six. It is not Jack or Sawyer. It's a she. Remember how I told you that time traveling and teleporting is most definitely happening? Well, let's just say that it's going to be happening on a much larger scale in the coming seasons. Source: Kristin on E!Online
Spoiler:
After watching the episode now, I'm guessing this person is going to be Claire? So apparently it's going to be a long ass time until we get an explanation about her.
Old 05-29-08, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
WTF, the Oceanic Six are NOT the only ones that got off the island? Did Sun mean Desmond?
This is just speculation on my part, but I think she could mean Widdmore and co. I'm getting the feeling that he was there before and was made to leave, just like Ben. He used to be the number 1 guy on the island...but then once you use the frozen donkey wheel, you can't go back.... or I'm just reading too much into it...but it seems to make sense to me.

Fanfuckingtastic finale IMO and January can't come soon enough. Not sure if Jin is really dead, but it'd be kind of lame of them to have us think he died TWICE only to have him be 'not dead'. Loved the Desmond and Penny stuff...and of course, the reveal at the end was great. A wicked season.

oh yeah, anyone know what was said in backwards language in the phone call that kate took in her flash forward dream?
Old 05-29-08, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
I don't think the freighter did, and I don't think Jin is dead.
Old 05-29-08, 10:33 PM

I liked Mr. Eko's "appearance" in the finale.
Old 05-29-08, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

could someone refresh me as to what the zodiac is that people are referencing?
Old 05-29-08, 10:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Well, that gets us right back to the dilemma about Aaron. Of course, those little dilemmas are what makes discussing the show so fun.
In Kate's 'dream,' Claire told her not to bring Aaron back to the island but Ben said everyone must go back. That'll be an interesting conversation. Ben said he could 'help' Jack with that. Wonder what that means.
Suspended

"When" did Ben jump to, again? October 2004, was it? So I wonder if the island jumped to the same time?

And was that a wormhole it used to jump?

Originally Posted by kevin75
could someone refresh me as to what the zodiac is that people are referencing?
The zodiac is the motorboat/raft that Daniel was using to take people from the island to the main boat.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.