Desperate Housewives - "Mother Said" - 5/11/08

Old 05-11-08, 05:19 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Desperate Housewives - "Mother Said" - 5/11/08

"Mother Said"
Spoiler:
Susan's mother-in-law (Celia Weston) visits; Carlos and Gaby learn that their tenant (Justine Bateman) is hiding a dark secret; war breaks out between Edie and Bree.
Old 05-11-08, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It will be interesting to see Mike's mother. Of course, a war between Bree and Edie is surely going to be the highlight of the show! Make sure to tune in, Desperate Housewives fans!
Old 05-11-08, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okay, that demon child, Kayla, needs to go. Lynette should have slapped her a LOT harder. I am against child abuse, but, I think I'd make an exception when it came to that little bitch!
Old 05-11-08, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Excellent episode! I'm so glad that the women of Wisteria Lane got together, and turned their back on Edie.

I REALLY dislike Kayla. If she were to be ran over by a car, I wouldn't feel a bit sorry for her, or Tom. Tom is an ass, because he will not see the fact that he has a demon child. I know, that's horrible, but, she's a horrible child!

Wow, I can't wait to find out all the juicy details about the whole thing with Dylan! Next week is going to be crazy! 2-HOUR season finale! Yay!!!
Old 05-12-08, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
"Amniotic fluid doesn't have ice cubes and a lemon wedge."

ANOTHER SOLID episode! The entire season has been overall top notch (Must-see for me, and 2nd best season next to their freshman year IMO). Hated the Mayfair story at first, but all the plots have been developing along quite nicely.

- Nora's spawn deserves more than a single bitchslap.

- Actually felt sorry for Edie. Hoping Sheridan and her villainess aren't really exiled from the show permanently.

- So, is the real Dylan hiding or dead?? I recall Katherine crying over some grave in one of the earlier episodes (I think?)...
Old 05-12-08, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good episode, but my hopes of Susan dying in childbirth were crushed.

So since the father obviously wasn't in on the switching of the child, I am guessing that Catherine must have accidently killed her child, after kicking the father out, and replaced her with another child. My question would be wouldn't the new Dylan remember her old life, before replacing first Dylan? Obviously it is why she can't remember Julie, etc, but how old was the original one supposed to be when she when her mother left Wysteria Lane the first time? I am guessing 5 or 6 maybe?
Old 05-12-08, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 601 Likes on 486 Posts
The Dylan story certainly got ramped up. Clearly not the same girl. This S4 mystery has been well executed.

Kayla keeps getting creepier and creepier. She actually scares me.
Old 05-12-08, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
Okay, that demon child, Kayla, needs to go. Lynette should have slapped her a LOT harder. I am against child abuse, but, I think I'd make an exception when it came to that little bitch!
But that's the thing... she is a bitch who is clearly as manipulative as her mother was before her, but what can you do? I mean the writers have seriously written themselves into a corner with her as the problem child mega-bitch. It will get seriously one note unless they decide to send her to boarding school or something.

Edie is still trying to sell Mary Alice Young's house?!?!

My understanding of the Dylan story is that it is not as bizarre as they're leading you to believe (also not as believable as you'd expect either...).
Old 05-12-08, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
The Dylan story certainly got ramped up. Clearly not the same girl. This S4 mystery has been well executed.
I really disagree. We all knew about Dylan when she couldn't answer Julie's questions way back in the first few eps of the season.
Old 05-12-08, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 601 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I really disagree. We all knew about Dylan when she couldn't answer Julie's questions way back in the first few eps of the season.

We all guessed that. We didn't know it.
Old 05-12-08, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
Hopefully the writer's have some guts and write the little girl as a sociapath. Instead, I'm sure it will end up happily and that she was acting out.
Old 05-12-08, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the writers are paying homage to a truly great book called "The Bad Seed" which was made into an equally great movie in the 50s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bad_Seed

This kid is just as big a psychopath and just as creepy as the little girl in the book/movie. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if she meets the same end as the girl in the movie (not the book). (As an "homage" mind you -- they wouldn't be plagiarizing or anything -- strictly as an "homage". )

Last edited by Flave; 05-12-08 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-12-08, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
We all guessed that. We didn't know it.
I at least was about 99% certain.
Old 05-12-08, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

One of the top stories on CNN now (at least in the RSS feeds) is whether or not Sheridan is gone from the show. There is a quote from Marc Cherry that basically confirms what I posted as a possible spoiler last week

Spoiler:
But creator and executive producer Marc Cherry was slightly more forthcoming. Yes, Edie's gone, he told The Associated Press on Friday. Then he added: "She won't be back for a few years." As I posted last week, the season finale is supposed to fast forward four or five years ahead.
Old 05-13-08, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good episode. Bree vs. Edie, Susan vs. Mike's mom (Cecelia Weston, ballooned since TV's Alice). The little girl was starting to assimilate into the family and then all of sudden she's talking the boys into torching a restaurant and jumping off the roof. A little odd. Yeah, we knew Dylan isn't the same girl so the paternity thing wasn't very surprising or her lacking a birthmark.
Old 05-13-08, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 74 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by big whoppa
The little girl was starting to assimilate into the family and then all of sudden she's talking the boys into torching a restaurant and jumping off the roof. A little odd.
That was my thought, too; the Kayla-is-psycho storyline seemed to come out of nowhere.
Old 05-16-08, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Edie is still trying to sell Mary Alice Young's house?!?!
Speaking of....am I the only one who's getting sick of her narrating?
Old 05-16-08, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Vipper II
That was my thought, too; the Kayla-is-psycho storyline seemed to come out of nowhere.
out of nowhere and annoying if you ask me. it just seems like they don't to let anything positive happy to the scavo's, haha.
Old 05-17-08, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by movieking
One of the top stories on CNN now (at least in the RSS feeds) is whether or not Sheridan is gone from the show. There is a quote from Marc Cherry that basically confirms what I posted as a possible spoiler last week

Spoiler:
But creator and executive producer Marc Cherry was slightly more forthcoming. Yes, Edie's gone, he told The Associated Press on Friday. Then he added: "She won't be back for a few years." As I posted last week, the season finale is supposed to fast forward four or five years ahead.
So since they may be
Spoiler:
flashing forward anyway, she may come back next year as it is the future.

Last edited by Jadzia; 05-17-08 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-17-08, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Riley ... be cool, and mark your fucking spoilers.