Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

LOST -- "Cabin Fever" -- 05.08.2008

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-08, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did we not see that Locke did, in fact, have a mother that wasn't his birth mother? He was in foster care. It was the mother he knew.

*If* Ben and Locke share Emily as a mother, I wonder if the accident and subsequent infandectomy she underwent caused the trauma that resulted in her death on Ben's arrival.
Old 05-09-08, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
Was that Locke's real mom? For some reason I was thinking that was just somebody Cooper had pretend to be John's mom to convince him to see Cooper and give his kidney.
I just watched "Deus Ex Machina" from Season 1 again, and it was his birth mother. Cooper used her to get Locke to see him, she said that she wanted to see Locke again. She speaks like he is indeed her son.
Old 05-09-08, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
Looks like a Sirius Sportster to me

He probably wants to listen to Stern while he is on the island

Old 05-09-08, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Horace stated that he has been dead for 12 years. That puts the purge in 1992. Danielle claimed she was on the island for 16 years, from 1988, and that Alex was taken by the others a week after her birth. Danielle was seven months pregnant upon arriving on the island. She also claimed she had never seen anyone else on the island to Sayid.

1.) Ben was still working for Dharma with his father when Alex was taken.
2.) Dharma personal were roaming around the island for 4 years with Danielle also on the island. How can they not bump into each other?
Old 05-09-08, 07:04 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Aegean2007
I just watched "Deus Ex Machina" from Season 1 again, and it was his birth mother. Cooper used her to get Locke to see him, she said that she wanted to see Locke again. She speaks like he is indeed her son.
Thanks...I know there was something different going on there, but as pinata said, I think he was just raised in foster care?
Old 05-09-08, 07:07 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Horace stated that he has been dead for 12 years. That puts the purge in 1992. Danielle claimed she was on the island for 16 years, from 1988, and that Alex was taken by the others a week after her birth. Danielle was seven months pregnant upon arriving on the island. She also claimed she had never seen anyone else on the island to Sayid.

2.) Dharma personal were roaming around the island for 4 years with Danielle also on the island. How can they not bump into each other?
Hmmm, really good points/question. You wouldn't think Dharma would have kidnapped Alex and just left Danielle go, at least from what little we've seen of Dharma.
Old 05-09-08, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Originally Posted by DthRdrX

The purge would have have taken place before Danielle arrived on the island, otherwise she'd be dead.

Either Danielle isn't being entirely forthright, or Horace was mistaken. (It was a dream...) Or the writers can't do basic math.
Old 05-09-08, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
The purge would have have taken place before Danielle arrived on the island, otherwise she'd be dead.

Either Danielle isn't being entirely forthright, or Horace was mistaken. (It was a dream...) Or the writers can't do basic math.
Thats the point. I believe Danielle has been doing some lying. That would be the reason they kept her story hidden so long, yet claim we will see what happened in time, making us wait. They wouldn't screw up a date that important because they know we have been waiting to see when each event actually happened.

BTW, not everyone was definitely killed in the purge. First of all, the 'hostiles' were targeting Dharma members and we don't know if Danielle and her team was Dharma or not. Secondly, even Ben stated that he was 'one of the ones' smart enough not to end up in the ditch. This means there could be other Dharma survivors. Kelvin is one example of a Dharma member who was left alone, at least if we believe his own story. Now we know Danielle was also wondering around the island for four years before Ben went Darth Vader on everyone.
Old 05-09-08, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is the actor who plays Christian Shepard ill or something? He's looking VERY skinny. And Claire's face seems chubbier than usual. Is she pregnant in real life and they're just hiding her?
Old 05-09-08, 11:27 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
And Claire's face seems chubbier than usual. Is she pregnant in real life and they're just hiding her?
I didn't think her face looked chubby, but healthy, compared to how skinny she was before. She looked a helluva lot better in that one shot than she has for quite a while, IMO.
Old 05-09-08, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by redskull
It looked more like something strapped to his arm to me, rather than a harness. I'm guessing that it's one of 2 things:

A: Some sort of bomb triggered to go off if his heart stops (when the Captain aimed his gun at him, Keamy raised his arm and said, "You don't want to do that, Captain.")

B. Something to protect him from the effects of passing thru the island's barrier on the wrong heading (He was willing to kill Frank, despite the fact that he's the only one who can fly the chopper. Maybe he planned on using the raft to get to the island if he couldn't fly?).

Or I could be totally wrong and it could be something else entirely.
Around his chest was a wireless heart monitor that you'd wear while using a treadmill, or running. I'd go with your choice A.

The drawing may have been an adult Locke sleeping by a campfire, a scene we saw in this episode - while dreaming of Horace.

It also appeared that Locke recognized the name Alpert when being told about the summer camp in the HS scene.
Old 05-10-08, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Beehut
The drawing may have been an adult Locke sleeping by a campfire, a scene we saw in this episode - while dreaming of Horace.

Well, his eyes are open.
Old 05-10-08, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
ya i guess that could be looked at as smokie coming up from the ground.
Old 05-10-08, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Huh, I didn't think of the campfire OR Smokie when I saw the picture. I assumed it was a picture of John lying next to the plane crash wreckage from the first episode.
Old 05-10-08, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
This show has dived headfirst into Twin Peaks territory. Hopefully it'll be able to avoid the absurd lunacy of TP's second season.
I haven't read all the posts, but I agree with you. This is my favorite series on television since Twin Peaks BTW.
Old 05-10-08, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't think her face looked chubby, but healthy, compared to how skinny she was before. She looked a helluva lot better in that one shot than she has for quite a while, IMO.
Maybe that's it.

Still, Jack's / Claire's dad looks ill-skinny.
Old 05-10-08, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by atlantamoi
I haven't read all the posts, but I agree with you. This is my favorite series on television since Twin Peaks BTW.
Same here. What sold the show to me was the Danielle's multi year repeating broadcast during the pilot episode. That was the first hint of weirdness and it's continued since then.
Old 05-10-08, 07:14 PM

Thanks...I know there was something different going on there, but as pinata said, I think he was just raised in foster care?
Didn't Emily's mother make a comment about the guy she was seeing being twice her age? Assuming she was infact talking about Cooper then that seems a little fuzzy. "Everyday" came out in 1957, say Emily was then about 15, Copper would've been about 30, so he would have been over 75 by the time he appeared on the island (2003).
Old 05-10-08, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SteelWill
Didn't Emily's mother make a comment about the guy she was seeing being twice her age? Assuming she was infact talking about Cooper then that seems a little fuzzy. "Everyday" came out in 1957, say Emily was then about 15, Copper would've been about 30, so he would have been over 75 by the time he appeared on the island (2003).
Locke is 48 on the island. It doesn't seem too much of a stretch to think of Cooper as 75 years old, or more. And the "twice your age" comment doesn't really need to be taken literally. If Emily were 15 at the time Cooper could had been anywhere from 25-26 and older and still be called "twice her age" is exaggeration by her mother.
Old 05-10-08, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FINALLY just found the time to watch the episode. This show is turning into quite the mindfuck, and I'm loving it.

Originally Posted by macnorton
I was thinking it all has to do with the cabin:

The ash around it
Compass to find it
And the comic book has a direct correlation to what Locke said at the end of the episode

Spoiler:
We need to move the island
I hadn't really thought of it that way. To me, the scene mirrored how a new Dalai Lama is found, and I'm thinking that the items Locke was supposed to pick were literally his in a past life.

As for Keamy's armband, maybe it's a portable Smokey-repellant? Although, why they wouldn't have worn those on their first trip to the island, or why only Keamy seems to have one, doesn't make much sense. Anyway, just a thought I had.
Old 05-10-08, 09:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That bottle of sand, look like the same one ben has during his flashback episode from season three, but i could be wrong.
Old 05-11-08, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by atlantamoi
Twin Peaks early episodes, especially the first seven episodes, were gold, solid gold. But there was a shift there in season two where it moved to the suck mode after Lynch left the series to work on Wild at Heart. Lost has managed to get better with each season.

I think Lost is the best show on TV, period.
Old 05-11-08, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by FatTony
FTo me, the scene mirrored how a new Dalai Lama is found, and I'm thinking that the items Locke was supposed to pick were literally his in a past life.
In the Official Lost Podcast D&C made mention of this, and how they spent a lot of time researching Buddhism, especially relating to the procurement of a new Dalai Lama. So I would say you were right
Old 05-11-08, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by redrum
ya i guess that could be looked at as smokie coming up from the ground.
I'll take the shit you guys will give me for this...

No, not could be, IS. It IS the black smoke. I cannot see how there can be any possible doubt as to this.
Old 05-11-08, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by FatTony
FINALLY just found the time to watch the episode. This show is turning into quite the mindfuck, and I'm loving it.

I hadn't really thought of it that way. To me, the scene mirrored how a new Dalai Lama is found, and I'm thinking that the items Locke was supposed to pick were literally his in a past life.
I mentioned the Dalai Lama thing a page back:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=146

Great minds think alike Tony

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.