DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
House---"No More Mr. Nice Guy"---4/28/08--New Night

Photobucket

House is back people!

4 more episodes to wrap up the season

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

House suspects that an ER patient with a sunny disposition has a bigger problem than was initially diagnosed. The reason: He thinks the patient is too nice. Meanwhile, House and Amber (Anne Dudek) spar over face time with Wilson; and Cuddy demands House give his team performance reviews.

Old 04-28-08, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, that was a lame return. I had such hope for the return of Manipulative Bitch, but that ending was painfully unimpressive.

Haven't we already had an episode where House thought excessive niceness (some young girl with cancer) was the primary symptom AND an episode where his staff thought he was sick (in that case; cancer)?
Old 04-28-08, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Kind of an odd episode, but loved House frakkin' with his team of idiots. Plus House and CTB's fight for Wilson's time/etc. was silly but funny.
Old 04-28-08, 10:23 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The stuff with House, Wilson, and Cutthroat bitch was good. That's about it.
Old 04-28-08, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hate all the new people and the stuff with Wilson and Amber was boring and stupid. Terrible episode. This show has really gone down hill this season.
Old 04-29-08, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I was hoping somehow the blood sample would be from Cut-throat Bitch. Oh well. Had some great lines. Next week's preview looks awesome.
Old 04-29-08, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MrX
The stuff with House, Wilson, and Cutthroat bitch was good. That's about it.
i thought all the "sharing" of Wilson scenes and all was cringe inducing and a very jump the shark moment for House..maybe the writers should have stayed on strike
Old 04-29-08, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Not great, but a lot better than the last new episode that aired.
Old 04-29-08, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The more I watch the show, the more I think it peaked in Season 1. Neither the wife or I was impressed with this episode or much this season. I didn't like Season 3 very much and Season 2 was pretty good. Unfortunately, House is falling on my list of favorite shows.
Old 04-29-08, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I think it peaked in Season 2 myself.
Old 04-29-08, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked the episode. This season should really be started over.
Old 04-29-08, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

uhhh - now Wilson is supposed to be an idiot - that behaves like a child?? WTF

He is the head of Oncology - and has always been level headed - now he is Homer Simpson?

Next episode looks horrible. The show may have peeked and this is the fast ride downhill
Old 04-29-08, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
uhhh - now Wilson is supposed to be an idiot - that behaves like a child?? WTF

He is the head of Oncology - and has always been level headed - now he is Homer Simpson?
Well, that's not fair. Wilson was the one acting like an adult and patiently watching while his friend and girlfriend acted immature. He never actually said or did anything idiotic, he just refused to dignify their nonsense by stooping to their level. Possibly because he sees himself as above such behavior and definitely because he's afraid of both of them. I saw his attitude as "hey, this is between you two; I'm not getting involved."
Old 04-29-08, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by wergo
Well, that's not fair. Wilson was the one acting like an adult and patiently watching while his friend and girlfriend acted immature. He never actually said or did anything idiotic, he just refused to dignify their nonsense by stooping to their level. Possibly because he sees himself as above such behavior and definitely because he's afraid of both of them. I saw his attitude as "hey, this is between you two; I'm not getting involved."

But he walked around with them like a child in tow. hanging his head - and going along with this nonsense. Even getting dragged into Cutty's office, dropped off at House's apartment.

I would think a Doctor has more important things to do, and say "you guys do what you have to do - let me know the outcome."
Old 04-29-08, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

House: "There are only two things that a guy does alone."
Chase: "What's the other one?"
House: "The other hand!"

Old 04-29-08, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I thought it was a pretty dull episode. Did anyone think the whole nurses on strike thing along with the signs looked strinkingly famiiar to the WGA strike?

I'm beginning to think the writers are trying to force stories with Cutthroat Bitch and I just don't think it's working very well. She was much more effective being involved in the medical mysteries while going at it with House than being in this lame "triangle" with Wilson.

There were some silly and funny moments, but overall an unimpressive return considering the episode was co-written by David Shore.

Again, Jennifer Morrison and Jesse Spencer must be laughing all the way to the bank with their "regular" paychecks in only "guest star" screen time.
Old 04-30-08, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GradVT06
The more I watch the show, the more I think it peaked in Season 1. Neither the wife or I was impressed with this episode or much this season. I didn't like Season 3 very much and Season 2 was pretty good. Unfortunately, House is falling on my list of favorite shows.
I think Season 1 & 2 were both great and Season 3 was very good (for the most part). But what I think will ultimately go down as the main "Shark Jump" moment of "House" will be the firing/quitting of the original team in the Season 3 Finale. Aside from being the first really disappointing season ender of the show (so far), it also set up Season 4 of the show to be much weaker if his new team couldn't hold a candle to the old team (which it can't).

(However, Hugh Laurie is still great even with the show in an apparent decline.)
Old 04-30-08, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dhmac
Aside from being the first really disappointing season ender of the show (so far), it also set up Season 4 of the show to be much weaker if his new team couldn't hold a candle to the old team (which it can't).
In what way? The old team was dull. The characters weren't/aren't interesting at all. I also thought that the search for the new team worked pretty well.

Even though this last episode was weak, it was still better than most, if not all, of the Tritter episodes.
Old 04-30-08, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It may have been a ho-hum for a majority of the ep, but it still had its moments.

I was just glad to have it back w/ a new ep.