Moonlight -- "Fated to Pretend" -- 4/25/2008

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-08, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Moonlight -- "Fated to Pretend" -- 4/25/2008

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
Benjamin Talbot, a new A.D.A., investigates the murder of Beth's boss Maureen. Beth and Mick pursue their own investigation, Benjamin warns them not to spoil any evidence that could lead to the culprit. Mick provides some good advice and some surprising empathy to a troubled teenager Bonnie with secrets of her own.

Is anyone still watching? This was by far the best episode of this series. Too bad it got seemingly almost promotion from CBS about the return. Here's hoping they can wrap it up nicely if it doesn't make it to next season.

Oh yeah, and Mick and Beth kissing to Biff Naked's "Lucky" at the end MUST have been an inside joke/bow to Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Old 04-27-08, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,684 Likes on 2,650 Posts
Yes, I am still watching. Somone bumped up a generic thread and a few people commented there.

I thought it was a very good return. Mick and Beth have amazing chemistry, but if this makes it to another season I can see them keeping them apart longer.

It was interesting to see Eric Winter make an appearance in this episode. I wonder if he's going to have a recurring role now that he is pretty much done with B&S.
Old 04-27-08, 02:02 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Looks like a renewal for Moonlight is in the bag...

Fast National ratings for Friday, April 25, 2008.

With the return of "Moonlight," all three of CBS' Friday dramas are now back in original episodes, helping the network to easily tame the otherwise sluggish competition.

Overall, CBS had a 5.6 rating/10 share, well ahead of second place NBC's 4.0/7 and the 3.0/5 for third place ABC. FOX had a 2.6/5 for fourth, followed closely by the 2.4/4 for The CW.

Things weren't much closer among adults 18-49, as CBS' 2.2 rating in the key demo was solidly in front of the 1.6 rating for NBC. FOX and The CW both had 1.3 demo ratings, leaving ABC in fifth with a 1.2 rating.

CBS swept the night's primetime hours starting with the 5.7/11 for "Ghost Whisperer." ABC was second with a 3.3/7 for "America's Funniest Home Videos." NBC was third with an hour of "Most Outrageous TV Moments." The FOX movie "13 Going on 30" had a 2.5/5 to nip the 2.2/4 for The CW's "WWE Friday Night Smackdown."

At 9 p.m. the return of "Moonlight" did a 5.0/9, down from its lead-in, but very much in line with the vampire drama's average performance this season. NBC moved up to second with a 4.8/9 for "Dateline." FOX's movie was up to a 2.8/5, just ahead of The CW's wrestling for third. ABC's "Duel" was last with a 2.4/4.

The night's highest ratings went to CBS' "Num3rs," which had a 6.1/11 in the 10 p.m. hour. NBC was second with the 4.5/8 for "Dateline" and ABC's "20/20" took third.
Old 04-27-08, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, I am still watching.

This is the full season thus far rating chart.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonlig...es_and_ratings

edit: oh, didn't have new numbers up yet.
Old 04-27-08, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Still one of my favorite new entries this season - so here's hoping the ratings pump some new blood into the series.
Old 04-28-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm still watching and loving the show.

This is actually one of the few shows I did a turnaround on. I hated Alex O'Loughlin in the beginning and almost dropped it after about 3 episodes. He's really grown on me now.

I wish Mick didn't have to revert back quite so quickly, as I enjoyed him relishing his humanness.
Old 04-28-08, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,684 Likes on 2,650 Posts
The only thing that worries me is CBS may be leary on the 18-49 numbers. Last season Close to Home had this timeslot and was getting great overall numbers at around 10-13M viewers a week. However, CBS wasn't happy with the 18-49 numbers and canceled it.
Old 04-28-08, 01:42 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
CBS brought back Jericho so...
Old 04-28-08, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,850 Likes on 1,145 Posts
Originally Posted by rkndkn
I'm still watching and loving the show.

This is actually one of the few shows I did a turnaround on. I hated Alex O'Loughlin in the beginning and almost dropped it after about 3 episodes. He's really grown on me now.

Same here. The show totally grew on me.
Old 04-28-08, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really like this show, but didn't Beth forgot about her almost fiance rather quickly? I don't know what the timeline was between his death and the last episode, but she basically said that she wanted Mick instead of the dead guy. And I was kinda looking forward to seeing Mick as a mortal for a while, getting his ass kicked without his vampire powers. It would have been a nice change of pace.