Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hell's Kitchen---Discussion Thread for Remainder of Season

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-08, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Norm de Plume
I hope either Bobby or Petrozza takes it, though I wouldn't mind Christina. The two others are intolerable.
I really don't mind Corey. She and Jen actually have similar attitudes (there to win, not to win friends and will do whatever it takes). The difference is that Jen just comes off as bitchy, rude and just an all around crappy person.

Ever since the beginning of the show, despite some setbacks from all of them, Corey, Bobby and Petrozza are far and away the best of the bunch. Jen has more talent than Christina, but just the fact that I can't stand her as a person means that I want her to go next...I've wanted her to go since the very first episode. I just can't imagine the final 3 being anybody other than Corey, Bobby and Petrozza. Out of those 3, Petrozza is the least talented. Corey and Bobby have to be the final 2. Out of those 2 I don't know who I'd choose and I wouldn't mind either of them. And if by some chance Petrozza ends up winning that would be fine too. I like all 3 of them.

On a side note I'm a little bummed that they mentioned the winner of season 3. I believe he was mentioned once earlier too. I just got into this show this year and bought season 1 on dvd, but since the other seasons haven't been released yet I haven't seen season 2 or 3. I know nothing about season 2, but now I know the winner of season 3 which kinda blows, but oh well.
Old 06-09-08, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^

Season 3 is still well worth watching for Bonnie!
Old 06-09-08, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
^

Season 3 is still well worth watching for Bonnie!
She's good looking? Nothing better than a hot girl that can cook.
Old 06-09-08, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by whoopdido
She's good looking? Nothing better than a hot girl that can cook.
I wouldn't kick her out of the sack for eating crackers.
Old 06-09-08, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I really don't mind Corey. She and Jen actually have similar attitudes (there to win, not to win friends and will do whatever it takes). The difference is that Jen just comes off as bitchy, rude and just an all around crappy person.

Ever since the beginning of the show, despite some setbacks from all of them, Corey, Bobby and Petrozza are far and away the best of the bunch. Jen has more talent than Christina, but just the fact that I can't stand her as a person means that I want her to go next...I've wanted her to go since the very first episode. I just can't imagine the final 3 being anybody other than Corey, Bobby and Petrozza. Out of those 3, Petrozza is the least talented. Corey and Bobby have to be the final 2. Out of those 2 I don't know who I'd choose and I wouldn't mind either of them. And if by some chance Petrozza ends up winning that would be fine too. I like all 3 of them.
Well, if it goes down to final 4, I would want to see Cory, Christina, Bobby, and Petrozza. But I don't think Corey is person that Gordon wanted as his chef at his new resturant. Corey need to learn how to keep her personal aside and work as professional. That's something she failed past several weeks, except 2 weeks ago where Corey and Christina worked smoothly as teamwork.

The other trios have done good job as they learned lot and improved. Sure, Christina made mistakes, how can you learn if you don't make any mistakes? Bobby made mistakes, too. Petrozza made one also. No one's perfect.
Old 06-10-08, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by silentbob007
it always makes me wonder ... are the "this is the best ---- I've ever had" comments really about the cooking, or is it more a function of the quality of the ingredients?
Well THAT of course is all relative too. If you've never eaten anything with a truffle sauce, it WOULD be the best you've ever had. Who's saying any of these responses are from people who know what good food is?
Old 06-10-08, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
I find Corey even worse than Jen because of her pomposity and snide dismissal of her competitors. She seems incapable of self-reflection. Jen is a rude loudmouth, but she knows it.
Old 06-10-08, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I find Corey even worse than Jen because of her pomposity and snide dismissal of her competitors. She seems incapable of self-reflection. Jen is a rude loudmouth, but she knows it.
That's true, but at least Corey doesn't cheat. Tonight was the second example of Jen flat out cheating. She wanted LouRoss to lie and say that he used all the ingredients in that one challenge when he actually didn't and tonight she was caught numerous times cooking during the challenge when the "student" was supposed to do everything.

Huge surprise tonight for me. What do they have to do to get rid of Jen?
Old 06-10-08, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
That's true, but at least Corey doesn't cheat. Tonight was the second example of Jen flat out cheating. She wanted LouRoss to lie and say that he used all the ingredients in that one challenge when he actually didn't and tonight she was caught numerous times cooking during the challenge when the "student" was supposed to do everything.

Huge surprise tonight for me. What do they have to do to get rid of Jen?
I'm sure Jen will get dumped before the end. Ramsay wouldn't want the likes of her representing him.
Old 06-10-08, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm hoping dirty, dirty Petrozza wins it but I wouldn't bet on it especially if he is as dirty and scatterbrained as every episode makes him out to be. Other than Bobby, though, he seems like the most cool and reserved customer but that could all be editing.

I was thinking tonight what are the qualifications of being a contestant on Hell's Kitchen? Not serious qualifications mind you, more in the vein of:

1. Must smoke cigarettes often.
2. Must have complete confidence in every task regardless of situation.
3. Must believe all of your competitors are inferior in every way.

What others?
Old 06-10-08, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Some pretty bad continuity errors tonight. JP seemed to be playing musical ties. He's wearing an orange tie one second and then navy the next.

Last edited by Sweet Baby James; 06-10-08 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-10-08, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm sure Jen will get dumped before the end. Ramsay wouldn't want the likes of her representing him.
I totally agree. Going into tonight's episode I was 99.9% sure Jen was getting dumped. I never expected Bobby to have such a poor service. Based on the night's performance Bobby definitely deserved to go home, but overall he was much more qualified to work in Gordon's restaurant than Jen is.

Note...I don't think any of them are truly capable of being the executive chef at any of Gordon's restaurants though. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that he has the most Michelin Stars of any chef in the world. Between all of his restaurants he has something like 9 stars. I know he has one 3 star restaurant and at least one 2 star restaurant. I just think that all of his chefs have VASTLY more talent than any contestant on Hell's Kitchen.
Old 06-11-08, 12:02 AM

I totally agree. Going into tonight's episode I was 99.9% sure Jen was getting dumped. I never expected Bobby to have such a poor service. Based on the night's performance Bobby definitely deserved to go home, but overall he was much more qualified to work in Gordon's restaurant than Jen is.

Note...I don't think any of them are truly capable of being the executive chef at any of Gordon's restaurants though. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that he has the most Michelin Stars of any chef in the world. Between all of his restaurants he has something like 9 stars. I know he has one 3 star restaurant and at least one 2 star restaurant. I just think that all of his chefs have VASTLY more talent than any contestant on Hell's Kitchen.
I think Roc from last season is capable of running one of Gordon's restaurants. I haven't seen any contestants this season that match up to Roc.
Old 06-11-08, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
Christina was looking kinda hot tonight.

I would've been happy with either Jen or Bobby leaving. It was a prime time for Jen to go but I guess Gordon wanted to give her another chance.

Being the only guy left, Petrozza must be in heaven
Old 06-11-08, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jen just won't go away...what is it going to take?
Old 06-11-08, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Originally Posted by beesonosu
I'm hoping dirty, dirty Petrozza wins it but I wouldn't bet on it especially if he is as dirty and scatterbrained as every episode makes him out to be. Other than Bobby, though, he seems like the most cool and reserved customer but that could all be editing.

I was thinking tonight what are the qualifications of being a contestant on Hell's Kitchen? Not serious qualifications mind you, more in the vein of:

1. Must smoke cigarettes often.
2. Must have complete confidence in every task regardless of situation.
3. Must believe all of your competitors are inferior in every way.

What others?
4. Refusal to learn from others' past HK mistakes: NOT bothering to learn to properly prepare risotto, a simple steak, and a not-underdone/not-overdone plain chicken breast.
Old 06-11-08, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jean Phillipe needs his own show!!..They guy is hysterical slamming into the glass door

Push the Meat!! Push the Meat!! then realises Bobby can't cook meat for shit...ah push the chicken!

Love when he was flirting with the 12 "Hawaiin Tropic" models. They guy was obviously in heaven

PS Those Hollywood houswives all had big boobs for some reason
Old 06-11-08, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Only IF Bobby didn't fuck up with meats, Jen would've gone bye-bye.
Old 06-11-08, 09:49 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I think they're keeping Jen around for the drama. She makes better television than Bobby.
Old 06-11-08, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm betting that he'll pull a first season and offer the winner a year of training directly with him... because I honestly don't see any of these contestants running a Gordon Ramsey restaurant.
Old 06-11-08, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

In past seasons, there was some sort of disclaimer during the closing credits stating that the winner would be given a position commensurate with their experience and ability. In other words, they'll get a job and the salary, but they ain't no head chef!
Old 06-11-08, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Jen = Top Chef's Lisa, in regards to annoyance and inability to get voted off!
Old 06-11-08, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Groucho
I think they're keeping Jen around for the drama. She makes better television than Bobby.
Right. And seeing as Ramsay makes the final decision, that could well be the best reason for choosing Bobby.

AND Bobby sucked. How long have they been making these Wellingtons and they're STILL wrong?!?!? Honestly Bobby did everything just okay at best. He never excelled. That he couldn't do a simple meat station last night at this stage of the game was nothing short of pathetic.
Old 06-11-08, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

They've been making almost the same menu over and over again, but they all still f- it up.
Old 06-11-08, 12:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
In past seasons, there was some sort of disclaimer during the closing credits stating that the winner would be given a position commensurate with their experience and ability. In other words, they'll get a job and the salary, but they ain't no head chef!
The first season winner turned down the opportunity to train with Ramsay. The second season winner was named "senior chef" at a restaurant for a year, and the third season winner was named "head chef". So I take it that Rock was the only one who held any responsibility in a restaurant.

Also, it's interesting to note that the restaurants aren't considered Gordon Ramsay restaurants and don't serve his cuisine and are not under his management structure. I think they're just co-owned by his company and managed by someone else. If you go to his website or the website of Gordon Ramsay Holding, Ltd, the restaurants the winners get don't show up.

Last edited by matta; 06-11-08 at 12:07 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.