Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

LOST -- "Ji Yeon" -- 03.13.2008

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-08, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
What TV show was Sun watching? I hate missing details, beause they're usually important.
A buddy of mine said it was Expose! the show that Nikki was on or used to watch.
Old 03-13-08, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I could be wrong but didn't anyone else think that?

I don't know what the hell to think, this episode was a complete mind-fuck
Old 03-13-08, 09:31 PM

If Sun is pretending that Jin is dead as part of a cover-up and he was really still on the island, why would she ask for him when in labor? Is that just a lapse in her judgement because of the pain?

It looked to me like the death date on Jin's tombstone said 9/22/04 which is the date of the crash.
Old 03-13-08, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Jin is still in the island alive.
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wait, this is how I interpreted this weeks episode:

Both Jin and Sun scenes were flashforwards. Jin and Sun both get off the island completing the Oceanic 6. However, something happens while back in the real world where Sun thinks Jin is dead and more than likely Jin thinks the same of Sun. Jin is married to someone else when he says "I've only been married for 2 months!"

I was thinking this too. But a problem I have with it is if she's 2 months pregnant on the island now, then the flashforward happens 7 months later- two of which Jin has been married. Is that about right? That seems like a short time to get over someone and remarry. I may be missing something, of course.

Also, is Jin's boss, Paik, Sun's Dad?
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by zuffy
In last episode of season 3, the article that Jack cut out about a man hung himself in a NY hotel. Wasn't the name Johnson or something?
It makes perfect sense now that it ends up being Michael. The guilt from what he had done, plus who would like him enough to come to his funeral after what happened? His ex-wife is dead, and we don't know about Walt's fate yet. Also, remember that the funeral home was in the hood.
Old 03-13-08, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In last episode of season 3, the article that Jack cut out about a man hung himself in a NY hotel. Wasn't the name Johnson or something?
Nope, it ends in -antham.

clipping
Old 03-13-08, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I thought it was kind of obvious that Jin wasn't rushing to the hospital to see Sun.

Sayid & Desmond were pretty smart for not letting on that they knew Michael. I wonder if we're in store for more "WALT! WALT!"

Who stole the panda? Another LOST mystery!

What TV show was Sun watching? I hate missing details, beause they're usually important.
I don't think Desmond ever knew Michael. Remember the hatch was opened while Michael was on the raft and Desmond ran off to his boat long before Michael came back.
Old 03-13-08, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
Nope, it ends in -antham.

clipping
Maybe Michael change alias again
Old 03-13-08, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both Jin and Sun scenes were flashforwards. Jin and Sun both get off the island completing the Oceanic 6. However, something happens while back in the real world where Sun thinks Jin is dead and more than likely Jin thinks the same of Sun. Jin is married to someone else when he says "I've only been married for 2 months!"

I can't say I did.
Old 03-13-08, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wonder who the barber on the freighter is that cut Michael's hair?
Old 03-13-08, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by CharlieK
I was thinking this too. But a problem I have with it is if she's 2 months pregnant on the island now, then the flashforward happens 7 months later- two of which Jin has been married. Is that about right? That seems like a short time to get over someone and remarry. I may be missing something, of course.

Also, is Jin's boss, Paik, Sun's Dad?
I think that's stretching it. Jin's was clearly a flashback. The writers aren't going to go back later and say "Uh...remember that episode with Jin and Sun and the tombstone? We made it seem like a flashback for Jin and that he was dead, but actually it was a flashforward. Surprise! He's alive, off the island, and the death and tombstone were faked. He left Sun right after they got off the island even though he had declared his love for her and she was having his baby, and he remarried within a few months! Or something like that. Got ya!"

Way too complicated. It would take an entire episode just to explain all of that, and it would still be confusing.

Nope.
Old 03-13-08, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, Jin's was a flashback. You can tell by the shitty big Nokia cell phone he dropped.
Old 03-13-08, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm fairly certain you are wrong. They mixed forwards and backs in this episode, and quite well. They made it a point to show the cell phone, which was definitely not a newer model, and this is Korea, where they would have the LATEST stuff.

Not to mention that there is NO WAY he's back for working for Mr. Paik, why they hell would he, he'd have millions from Oceanic.
Old 03-13-08, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
I don't know what the hell to think, this episode was a complete mind-fuck
Worse Matt, thanks to that fucking end scene, and the potential date on the tomb, we will be subject to more "Aaron is one of the O6" bullfuck for lord knows how long.
Old 03-13-08, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The man was found dead in an LA hotel and FROM New York.
Old 03-13-08, 09:55 PM
Cool New Member

So is the Oceanic 6, Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley, Sun, and Aaron?
Old 03-13-08, 09:57 PM

did anyone else think for a split second that hurley and sun were going out on a date especially when after hurley said is anyone else coming and sun says no, hurley replies "goooooood"?

ok i guess it was just me...
Old 03-13-08, 10:00 PM

Anybody else upset that Zoe Bell finally shows her face only to jump into the ocean after about 30 sec of air time. It doesn't seem worth the trouble for her to join the show for such a small part so I'm guessing she jumped down to the Looking Glass or possibly another underwater hatch.
Old 03-13-08, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Worse Matt, thanks to that fucking end scene, and the potential date on the tomb, we will be subject to more "Aaron is one of the O6" bullfuck for lord knows how long.

Yup, true that
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by asante
So is the Oceanic 6, Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley, Sun, and Aaron?
I think it's pretty apparent that it's Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley, Sun, and Michael, personally. Counting Aaron is lame, and I'd hope they wouldn't be lame.
Banned

They didn't fool me a bit. As soon as I saw Jin's poofy hair I knew that this was a younger version thus a flashback. Of course, the phone gave it away too.

The 9.22.04 passing date on the tombstone would seem to indicate that this is part of the cover-up story and Jin would've been one of the two that 'didn't make it' back on the island. This would be just a marker. He's more than likely still alive on the island. The reason Hugo and Sun kept up the story even in private conversation is probably because of possible bugging or surveillance.

Juliet is one cold ass bitch for telling Jin about the affair.

Anyone have any theories on what Faraday was gonna attempt to do out in the forest when last we saw him?
Old 03-13-08, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Ringo20000
Anybody else upset that Zoe Bell finally shows her face only to jump into the ocean after about 30 sec of air time. It doesn't seem worth the trouble for her to join the show for such a small part so I'm guessing she jumped down to the Looking Glass or possibly another underwater hatch.
No. But then again, who the hell is Zoe Bell?
Old 03-13-08, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ringo20000

We didn't even see her face, it was buried in a book. And I don't think the looking glass is that far off shore. Nowhere near the freighter.
Old 03-13-08, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
No. But then again, who the hell is Zoe Bell?

She's in Death Proof and She's a stuntwoman.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.