LOST -- "the Other Woman" -- 03.06.2008

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-08, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"the Other Woman"

Juliet receives an unwelcome visit from someone from her past and is given orders to track down Charlotte and Faraday in order to stop them from completing their mission -- by any means necessary. Meanwhile, Ben offers Locke an enticing deal.
Old 03-05-08, 11:20 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Can't Wait!!!!
Old 03-06-08, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For some weird reason it seems as if I've been reading that sypsnosis for months. Maybe I'm time traveling, let me find a constant.
Old 03-06-08, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Spoiler:
Cool! I've been waiting for more Juliet!
Old 03-06-08, 07:44 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I'll have to wait... I have a class tonight.
Old 03-06-08, 07:52 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I'll have to wait... I have a class tonight.
Dude, your priorities are all screwed up.
Old 03-06-08, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Episode Spoilers:

Spoiler:

Episode 4.06: The Other Woman (Juliet-centric)
Airdate: March 6, 2008

* new 03/01 - The others have a therapist. And we find out she was married to Goodwin. Daniel and Charlotte have taken the gas masks and left everyone else to make their way to the new hatch. Source: Lost Spoilers
* 02/26 - Juliet's past comes back to haunt her (and a few others) when someone she would rather not see again resurfaces with orders to foil Charlotte and Faraday's mission. At the same time, Ben makes an intriguing offer to Locke that could spell even more trouble for the so-called rescue team. Source: TV Guide
* 02/26 - [Juliet's] upcoming flashback [episode] is entirely located on the Island. And yet it guest stars Alan Dale as Charles Widmore. She's going on a little field trip to the Orchid Station. As in the station unveiled this summer at Comic-Con, with the "highly volatile and potentially dangerous" research-and them creepy numbered bunnies. I'm also hearing something about a field of skeletons... I'm told she's the one who initiates the kiss [with Jack]. Source: Kristin on E!Online
* 02/23 - Juliet receives an unwelcome visit from someone from her past and is given orders to track down Charlotte and Faraday in order to stop them from completing their mission -- by any means necessary. Meanwhile, Ben offers Locke an enticing deal. Guest starring are Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Andrea Roth as Harper, M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly/Tom and Brett Cullen as Goodwin. Source: ABC
* 02/23 - I know that [Andrea Roth] plays somebody from Juliet's past in the March 6 episode. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
* 02/12 - Jack and Juliet will share a passionate kiss in Episode 4.06 - The Other Woman. Source: Lost Spoilers
* 02/12 - The flashback features a look at Juliet's history on the Island, including her reaction to the death of her lovah Goodwin at the hands of Ana-Lucia. Source: Kristin on E!Online
* 01/16 - Jacketeers (Jack and Juliet shippers) will like this episode.Source: Lost Spoilers
* 11/18 - Episode 6 is Juliet-centric and features the return of three deceased characters: Goodwin, Ethan, and Mr. Friendly. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
* 10/14 - Chandley Price - mid 30s to early 40s. Female. She is tough, no-nonsense and beautiful in an unadorned way. She is a therapist by profession and yet could benefit from some therapy herself. The qualities that make her a leader and effective at seeing into other people also cause her problems in her own life -- she can be overly controlling and obsessive. Her strength of personality is undeniable. Recurring role. Source: Lost Spoilers
Old 03-06-08, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

MASSIVE S4 / SERIES SPOILERS:

Spoiler:

No one, not even the most hardcore Lost fan, can have more questions about the show's characters than the actors who portray them. Recently, Several Lost cast members got a chance to ask these questions in a TV Guide interview with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, the show's executive producers. This was a great idea on TV Guide's part, and the answers didn't disappoint. What could be more fun than letting actors like Evangeline Lilly, Naveen Andrews, and Josh Holloway grill their bosses about issues that have been on fans' minds for months?

Cuse and Lindelof's answers contain a lot of spoilers about what we will learn during Season Four (and when), so stop reading if you want to be surprised. The juiciest responses and some speculation about what these new details could mean are included after the jump. My remarks also take rumors into account, so consider yourself warned.

The names of the Oceanic Six are up for debate until until March 13th's episode. After that, fans should be clear on which survivors are the famous Six.
This answer indicates that Aaron is probably not one of the Six. If he was, why wouldn't Cuse and Lindelof simply come out and say so? The episode in question, "Ji Yeon," is Sun-and-Jin-centric, and it makes sense that Sun and Jin would be revealed as the final two in a flash-forward (if the episode has a flash-forward, of course). Plus, there are rumors going around that Sun and Jin are two of the famous Six. The fate of their baby is up in the air; since Aaron didn't count, neither would Sun and Jin's child (assuming he or she makes it).

We'll know who's in the coffin by the end of the year.
Since "Through the Looking Glass" aired, fans have been concocting theories about who was in the coffin in Jack's flash-forward. Some say it's Locke; others believe it's Hurley. Jorge Garcia wanted to know if Ben was in the coffin. Lindelof and Cuse are keeping that answer a secret, but at least we know when we'll learn the truth.

The New York Post recently had an interview with Lindelof and Cuse that mentioned an upcoming death. One of the Oceanic Six is supposedly going to die this season, and it's possible that this person is the man in the coffin. A few things indicate that this isn't the case, however. The newspaper clipping that mentioned the death didn't include any references to the Oceanic Six or Oceanic 815. Also, Kate was surprised when Jack told her that he expected to see her at the man's funeral. She obviously knew the deceased, but had mixed feelings about him. I don't see Kate skipping Hurley or Sayid's funerals. The dead man has to be someone else.

"Significant things" happened during Sayid's childhood that will have to be revealed in some capacity, although there won't necessarily be an entire flashback episode devoted to them.
This question came out of nowhere. Apparently, Naveen Andrews knew that the writers considered addressing Sayid's childhood years a while ago, but nothing came about after the initial discussion. Did Sayid encounter a significant character or group (like DHARMA) during his childhood in Iraq?

Fans should be less concerned with what year it is in the outside world and more curious about "how many years have elapsed" between current island time and the flash-forwards. According to Carlton Cuse, "there are some growth issues" when characters leave or arrive on the island.
"The Constant" taught us that the island can mess with a person's perception of time and, in Desmond's case, can "unstick" a person in time. So far, all of the flash-forwards have occurred before Jack's, which was set in April 2007. What are the executive producers trying to tell us with this hint? Have the 815 survivors been on the island for more or less time than they think they have?

I'm more intrigued by the "growth issues" comment. Will these issues apply to Aaron and Walt? That would definitely explain Locke's vision of taller ghost Walt in the Season Three finale. The island could also influence aging for adults on the island. Many fans have wondered why Richard Alpert looks the same age today as he did when Ben met him as a child. At this point, anything is possible.

The March 20th episode will answer our questions about Michael.
Rumor has it that "Meet Kevin Johnson" covers Michael's experiences since leaving the island. ABC's episode description states that Sayid confronts Ben's spy on the freighter in this installment as well. This isn't a difficult connection to make. Finally, Marsha Thomason and Fisher Stevens are listed as guest stars, which makes it even more likely that Michael ended up on the freighter after his escape. Where else could Naomi and Minkowski turn up but Michael's flashback?

Other points of interest:

Jack and Kate's relationship status will be "unresolved for a while"; we haven't seen the last of Sawyer and Kate's relationship issues this season.
Jack's flash-forward in the Season Three finale occurred after Sayid's flash-forward in "The Economist."

The newest Lost episode, "The Other Woman," airs Thursday at 9pm ET on ABC.
Old 03-06-08, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Josh, how massive would you say those spoilers are? I saw them in last week's thread and I'm dying to hit the button.

Are they specific answers or just general kind of facts?
Old 03-06-08, 08:47 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by BravesMG
Josh, how massive would you say those spoilers are? I saw them in last week's thread and I'm dying to hit the button.

Honestly, I don't see them as spoilers at all. However it makes it very clear who will not be on the show next week IMO if you read between the lines and know who the Oceanic 6 are.
Old 03-06-08, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You've asked me this about spoilers before Braves. Given my limited experience with you, I'm going to suggest you NOT read them, because I get the feeling that even if they were minor, you still would regret doing it.

So I'm going to do you the solid and tell you NOT to read them.

No offense Giz, but you are wrong.
Old 03-06-08, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
You've asked me this about spoilers before Braves. Given my limited experience with you, I'm going to suggest you NOT read them, because I get the feeling that even if they were minor, you still would regret doing it.

So I'm going to do you the solid and tell you NOT to read them.

No offense Giz, but you are wrong.
Argh. Yeah, I guess I'll skip. I don't mind general spoilers like EW usually has, but specifically things to look forward to bother me.
Old 03-06-08, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Argh. Yeah, I guess I'll skip. I don't mind general spoilers like EW usually has, but specifically things to look forward to bother me.
Then you absolutely shouldn't read them.
Old 03-06-08, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
MASSIVE S4 / SERIES SPOILERS:

Spoiler:

No one, not even the most hardcore Lost fan, can have more questions about the show's characters than the actors who portray them. Recently, Several Lost cast members got a chance to ask these questions in a TV Guide interview with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, the show's executive producers. This was a great idea on TV Guide's part, and the answers didn't disappoint. What could be more fun than letting actors like Evangeline Lilly, Naveen Andrews, and Josh Holloway grill their bosses about issues that have been on fans' minds for months?

Cuse and Lindelof's answers contain a lot of spoilers about what we will learn during Season Four (and when), so stop reading if you want to be surprised. The juiciest responses and some speculation about what these new details could mean are included after the jump. My remarks also take rumors into account, so consider yourself warned.

The names of the Oceanic Six are up for debate until until March 13th's episode. After that, fans should be clear on which survivors are the famous Six.
This answer indicates that Aaron is probably not one of the Six. If he was, why wouldn't Cuse and Lindelof simply come out and say so? The episode in question, "Ji Yeon," is Sun-and-Jin-centric, and it makes sense that Sun and Jin would be revealed as the final two in a flash-forward (if the episode has a flash-forward, of course). Plus, there are rumors going around that Sun and Jin are two of the famous Six. The fate of their baby is up in the air; since Aaron didn't count, neither would Sun and Jin's child (assuming he or she makes it).

We'll know who's in the coffin by the end of the year.
Since "Through the Looking Glass" aired, fans have been concocting theories about who was in the coffin in Jack's flash-forward. Some say it's Locke; others believe it's Hurley. Jorge Garcia wanted to know if Ben was in the coffin. Lindelof and Cuse are keeping that answer a secret, but at least we know when we'll learn the truth.

The New York Post recently had an interview with Lindelof and Cuse that mentioned an upcoming death. One of the Oceanic Six is supposedly going to die this season, and it's possible that this person is the man in the coffin. A few things indicate that this isn't the case, however. The newspaper clipping that mentioned the death didn't include any references to the Oceanic Six or Oceanic 815. Also, Kate was surprised when Jack told her that he expected to see her at the man's funeral. She obviously knew the deceased, but had mixed feelings about him. I don't see Kate skipping Hurley or Sayid's funerals. The dead man has to be someone else.

"Significant things" happened during Sayid's childhood that will have to be revealed in some capacity, although there won't necessarily be an entire flashback episode devoted to them.
This question came out of nowhere. Apparently, Naveen Andrews knew that the writers considered addressing Sayid's childhood years a while ago, but nothing came about after the initial discussion. Did Sayid encounter a significant character or group (like DHARMA) during his childhood in Iraq?

Fans should be less concerned with what year it is in the outside world and more curious about "how many years have elapsed" between current island time and the flash-forwards. According to Carlton Cuse, "there are some growth issues" when characters leave or arrive on the island.
"The Constant" taught us that the island can mess with a person's perception of time and, in Desmond's case, can "unstick" a person in time. So far, all of the flash-forwards have occurred before Jack's, which was set in April 2007. What are the executive producers trying to tell us with this hint? Have the 815 survivors been on the island for more or less time than they think they have?

I'm more intrigued by the "growth issues" comment. Will these issues apply to Aaron and Walt? That would definitely explain Locke's vision of taller ghost Walt in the Season Three finale. The island could also influence aging for adults on the island. Many fans have wondered why Richard Alpert looks the same age today as he did when Ben met him as a child. At this point, anything is possible.

The March 20th episode will answer our questions about Michael.
Rumor has it that "Meet Kevin Johnson" covers Michael's experiences since leaving the island. ABC's episode description states that Sayid confronts Ben's spy on the freighter in this installment as well. This isn't a difficult connection to make. Finally, Marsha Thomason and Fisher Stevens are listed as guest stars, which makes it even more likely that Michael ended up on the freighter after his escape. Where else could Naomi and Minkowski turn up but Michael's flashback?

Other points of interest:

Jack and Kate's relationship status will be "unresolved for a while"; we haven't seen the last of Sawyer and Kate's relationship issues this season.
Jack's flash-forward in the Season Three finale occurred after Sayid's flash-forward in "The Economist."

The newest Lost episode, "The Other Woman," airs Thursday at 9pm ET on ABC.
Spoiler:

I wonder if that is Sawyer inside the coffin.
Old 03-06-08, 11:29 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
It will be challenging to top last week's episode.
Old 03-06-08, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by dom56
Spoiler:

I wonder if that is Sawyer inside the coffin.

Spoiler:
My guess is Jin will be the one to go.
Old 03-06-08, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Question: how does one follow up the BEST EPISODE EVAR IN THE HISTORY OF TELEVISION?
Old 03-06-08, 01:21 PM

How many episodes are left before the break?
Old 03-06-08, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
2 after tonights.
Old 03-06-08, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hardercore
Question: how does one follow up the BEST EPISODE EVAR IN THE HISTORY OF TELEVISION?

QFT
Old 03-06-08, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like the multiple meanings of tonight's episode...

Spoiler:
Juliet is an "Other" and she is a woman, and is therefore an "Other Woman."
Also, we will find out that Juliet was a mistress, if you will, and was the "other woman" in a relationship.
And then there is the woman in the advancer clips that Juliet meets up with, and to Jack she is the "other woman."
And if we see Kate at all, she could be another "other woman."
Old 03-06-08, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Bumping to the top of the page. 3 Lost threads on the front .
Old 03-06-08, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I love seeing her run through the forest all wet in the rain
Old 03-06-08, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Smokey cameo, yay.
Old 03-06-08, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Woohoo, Island stuff!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.