Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Where the hell is the Shield?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-08, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where the hell is the Shield?

When is the new season suppose to start back up?? I cant even remember how the last season ended its been so long
Old 02-28-08, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

FX hasn't decided yet when they will air it. Why? I'm not sure anyone knows.
Old 02-28-08, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
According to this guy's blog, not until the Fall.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...ill-the-s.html

Not sure how reliable he is.
Old 02-28-08, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
What, you're not pumped about Dirt coming back?

Dirt needs to take a dirt nap.
Old 02-28-08, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Ausellio on tvguide.com said that they all 13 episodes finished, even the finale. FX just has yet to put them on schedule.

If that doesn't piss you off, I don't know what will.
Old 02-28-08, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Ausellio on tvguide.com said that they all 13 episodes finished, even the finale. FX just has yet to put them on schedule.

If that doesn't piss you off, I don't know what will.
See, now I'm pissed even more that they brought that shitfest Dirt back. They give it the prime slot and bump The Shield back. WTF FX?

Once the Shield is over, I really don't know what else I'll be watching on the network. Rescue Me and Nip/Tuck have both turned to shit in their last seasons, and I have no interest in The Riches. I still have yet to watch Damages Season 1, so maybe that.

Last edited by bunkaroo; 02-28-08 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-28-08, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I am dying for the conclusion of The Shield... FX better get their shit together and schedule it ASAP.

As for FX overall though, I still love most of their stuff. Damages and The Riches are both good, I thought this season of Nip/Tuck was great and I'm hoping that Rescue Me can have a comeback, because it used to be one of my favorites but last season sucked harder than anything has sucked before. I couldn't get through the first ep of Dirt, so the fact it's airing now and the Shield is still MIA, pisses me off huge.
Old 02-28-08, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bunkaroo
See, now I'm pissed even more that they brought that shitfest Dirt back. They give it the prime slot and bump The Shield back. WTF FX?

Once the Shield is over, I really don't know what else I'll be watching on the network. Rescue Me and Nip/Tuck have both turned to shit in their last seasons, and I have no interest in The Riches. I still have yet to watch Damages Season 1, so maybe that.
Yeah, I see what you mean. Except I still love Nip/Tuck. But Rescue Me was so bad last year I'm skipping it this year.

Damages was good....but horribly uneven. I do remember there being talk of a Dutch spin-off.
Old 02-28-08, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They certainly need to reshow the first nine episode of S6. It has been almost a year since they initially aired (4/3/07). Why they didn't start airing S2 of Dirt back in January (like they did last year bumping The Shield until April) when the writers' strike would have left them as one of the only outlets with original programming is beyond me. Frankly there seems to be NO ONE at the wheel over there in terms of program scheduling. If this show is in the can, there is no excuse for shoving it in a vault until next Fall. Certainly should be a summer show at the latest (of course that's when Damages S2 will start). Asshats.

I still have yet to watch Damages Season 1, so maybe that.
I certainly wouldn't tell you to flush FX from your programming slate entirely until you've seen season 1 of this show. Rent it - you will just want to plow through the season. It is just simply rivetting. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain the same quality of a fantastically constructed season in their second.
Old 02-28-08, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Not only am I waiting for The Shield, but FX still hasn't scheduled season 3 of 30 Days and that's been in the can for well over a year.

This would have been the perfect time to begin airing The Shield considering alot of networks shows won't return until late March/Early April. But, I assume Shawn Ryan is probably working on re-cutting alot of the episodes to his satisfaction.

I would still stick it out with Rescue Me. I think it went through a creative slump last season, but IMO will bounce back. Heck FX ordered 22 episodes for the new season.

Damages was probably one of the best summer shows last season. I'm glad I was patient enough to stick that one out and I am looking forward to it again this summer.
Old 02-28-08, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I certainly wouldn't tell you to flush FX from your programming slate entirely until you've seen season 1 of this show. Rent it - you will just want to plow through the season. It is just simply rivetting. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain the same quality of a fantastically constructed season in their second.
I actually have the Blu-Ray set at home - just need to find some time to watch it. Yet another impulsive blind buy. i saw the first two episodes when they aired but for some reason at the time I didn't feel like investing myself in a new series.
Old 02-28-08, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
I would still stick it out with Rescue Me. I think it went through a creative slump last season, but IMO will bounce back. Heck FX ordered 22 episodes for the new season.
I haven't given up on Rescue Me yet either, but it will have to turn around fast or I will stop watching.

This happened to me with Nip/Tuck. S4 was a waste of time IMO, and while I had hope for the series with the change of scenery and the first couple episodes of S5, it quickly lost me and I stopped watching mid-season. I mean, WTF was the point of moving the show's setting to LA if EVERY FRICKIN' CHARACTER follows them out there? I was hoping for a fresh cast besides Sean and Christian.

Last edited by bunkaroo; 02-28-08 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-28-08, 10:52 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

DIRT is airing on Sundays, so it has little or nothing to do with the scheduling of THE SHIELD.
Old 02-28-08, 11:53 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by MrE
DIRT is airing on Sundays, so it has little or nothing to do with the scheduling of THE SHIELD.

not true. It seems that with their "original" shows, they don't like to first run them overlapping... first run The Shield doesn't run at the same time as first run Nip/Tuck, and Rescue Me. Not that I consider Dirt to be in the league of any of these shows....
Old 02-28-08, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
not true. It seems that with their "original" shows, they don't like to first run them overlapping... first run The Shield doesn't run at the same time as first run Nip/Tuck, and Rescue Me. Not that I consider Dirt to be in the league of any of these shows....
This practice seems to have changed. Dirt starts 3/2 and I think that season 2 of The Riches will begin airing 3/18. So much for that theory.

Last edited by rfduncan; 02-28-08 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-28-08, 12:26 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Then DIRT is not the problem, but FX's decision to only run one original series at a time.

And given the last season of RECUSE ME, I 'd definitely pick DIRT over it.
Old 02-28-08, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This practice seems to have changed. Dirt starts 3/2 and I think that season 2 of The Riches will begin airing 3/18. So much for that theory.
The Riches is what I consider one of their "2nd-tier" shows.

FX will never run more than 2 hour dramas at a time, and it seems certain "1st-tier" shows like Rescue Me, Nip/Tuck and The Shield never run at the same time regardless.

They may be changing this now, but last year, I know the Shield S6 was bumped back for Dirt Season 1.
Old 02-28-08, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They may be changing this now, but last year, I know the Shield S6 was bumped back for Dirt Season 1.
They definitely did that. So on another subject, was last spring's 9 episodes considered S6 and the remaining S7 even though Shawn Ryan basically said that everything from "On the Jones" to the series finale was S6?
Old 02-28-08, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They definitely did that. So on another subject, was last spring's 9 episodes considered S6 and the remaining S7 even though Shawn Ryan basically said that everything from "On the Jones" to the series finale was S6?
You know I don't even remember now. The last episode we have on DVD is the whole Lem car scene thing, right?

I thought I remember in the end there would technically be 7 seasons. I think at least the first 3-4 episodes from last spring were done at the same time as Season 5's episodes, as Season 5 was only 11 episodes I think.

As long as we get a full season's worth this time I'll be happy.
Old 02-28-08, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You know I don't even remember now. The last episode we have on DVD is the whole Lem car scene thing, right?
Correct - "Post Partum" is the final episode of S5 and the last DVD release.

As long as we get a full season's worth this time I'll be happy.
I believe there are at least 13 more. My question stems from whether or not FOX will release those nine as S6 or S6 Part 1 before the remaining episodes air. I would certainly like to revisit those last nine before launching into the final episodes. Even though their "previously on" bits are really well done (sometimes flashing back to even S1), there has been so much sh!t coming down through various plotlines throughout the entire series that I'd like to be fully caught up through even those last nine before they restart.
Old 02-28-08, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Im not really looking forward to the final season. With the last ending with Chicki teaming up with Assholeveda? Come on....

Are you for real DJ? Theres going to be 22 eps of Rescue Me for next season or is that just a total for the next 2 seasons?
Old 02-28-08, 03:42 PM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Summer 2008, perhaps?

DARK HORIZONS

Thos.
Old 02-28-08, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Thos19
Originally Posted by DARK HORIZONS
keeping the piece (sic) in his violence-torn neighborhood
Piece o' what?
Old 02-28-08, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Thos19
Summer 2008, perhaps?

DARK HORIZONS

Thos.

That was such an awesome episode. I could see him being good as some random guy running for mayor.
Old 02-28-08, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Piece o' what?
What do you expect, the guy is Australian (Dark Horizons guy).