Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

MTV'S "Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Gauntlet III returns Wed Jan 23rd at 10PM

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

MTV'S "Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Gauntlet III returns Wed Jan 23rd at 10PM

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-08, 01:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.a...=20080108mtv02

[01.08.08 - 10:48 AM]
MTV'S "REAL WORLD/ROAD RULES CHALLENGE: GAUNTLET III" IS BACK AND BIGGER THEN EVER WITH A FULL HOUR OF ADVENTURE PREMIERING JANUARY 23 AT 10:00PM (ET/PT)

Released by MTV

[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MTV'S "REAL WORLD/ROAD RULES CHALLENGE: GAUNTLET III" IS BACK AND BIGGER THEN EVER WITH A FULL HOUR OF ADVENTURE PREMIERING JANUARY 23 AT 10:00PM (ET/PT)

Launch Preview Special "The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Gauntlet III" Premieres on Saturday, January 19th at 12:00 PM (ET/PT)

MTV is back with more fights, drama and extreme challenges as "Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Gauntlet III" (gauntlet3.mtv.com) premieres January 23rd at 10:00PM (ET/PT) in a new hour long format.

This season, 32 favorite "Veterans" and "Rookies" from "The Real World" and "Road Rules" will battle it out for $400,000 in cash and prizes, in a winning team takes all competition. Pro BMX dirt jumper, TJ Lavin will be back again as host to lead the teams through the challenges. Players find themselves competing in some of the hardest obstacles yet, both on and off the playing field.

Viewers will have the opportunity to meet the cast and count down the top moments in challenges history with the "Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Gauntlet III" launch special on January 19th at 12:00 PM (ET/PT).

Bringing viewers a more in-depth Gauntlet, MTV.com will feature full episodes, sneak peeks and a gauntlet blog. MTV VOD will be running full episodes. MTV Mobile will feature full episodes on all mobile carrier distribution partners and broadband distribution partners online. Cast bios and episode guides will also be available on the MTV mobile website, wap.mtv.com.

MTV's Virtual Worlds will launch the Virtual Gauntlet where users compete in bi-weekly challenges to win MTV$. Players sign up for one of two teams as the teams will go head to head to see who can complete various missions and activities throughout all of the MTV virtual worlds. The users will also get the opportunity to play a role in the challenge as reporters and bloggers, commenting on the drama, parties and ongoing challenges.

Cast members include:

Spoiler:
Veterans: Coral (RW: Back to New York), Beth (RW: Los Angeles), Katie (RR: The Quest), Robin (RW: San Diego), Paula (RW: Key West), Ev (Fresh Meat), Casey (Fresh Meat), Diem (Fresh Meat), CT (RW: Paris), Brad (RW: San Diego), Danny (RW: Austin), Eric (Fresh Meat), Evan (Fresh Meat), Kenny (Fresh Meat), Johnny (RW: Key West), Adam (RW: Paris).

Rookies: Johanna (RW: Austin), Brooke (RW: Denver), Melinda (RW: Austin), Janelle (RE: Key West), Rachel (RW: Austin), Jillian (RR: The Extreme), Angel (RR: Viewer's Revenge), Tori (RR: Viewer's Revenge), Tyrie (RR: Denver), Alex (RW: Denver), Tyler (RW: Key West), Nehemiah (RW: Austin), Zach (RW: Key West), Derek (RR: Viewer's Revenge), Frank (RW: Las Vegas), Ryan (Fresh Meat).

I've always wanted this show to be an hour long, it always seemed short at 30 minutes. Good to have TJ Lavin back and some of the returning veterans and rookies. Should be fun to watch again!

Chris
Old 01-08-08, 01:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im actually pretty stoked about this. i hate that reality tv. but this looks drama filled. it's members of the real world from when we was younger
Old 01-08-08, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
You hate reality TV but you want to watch this? This is the armpit of reality TV.

I see that Coral still hasn't found anything better to do with her life.
Old 01-08-08, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

cool.... i am there...

but i miss veronica.... she's so hot
Old 01-08-08, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,135 Posts
I'll watch.
Old 01-08-08, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
You hate reality TV but you want to watch this? This is the armpit of reality TV.

I see that Coral still hasn't found anything better to do with her life.
Totall agree...but I still love these.
Old 01-08-08, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Originally Posted by raven56706
but i miss veronica.... she's so hot
Agreed

I can't wait for this show to start. I'm kind of disappointed by so many cast members from "Fresh Meat" and "RR: Viewers Revenge". Then again I'm guessing a lot of the older vets don't want to do the show or have "retired".
Old 01-08-08, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i am also another one who hates reality tv shows but for some reason i love these and i hate the stand alone real world and road rules shows
Old 01-08-08, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 384 Likes on 309 Posts
Too bad they couldn't squeeze in that loose canon from RW: Sidney -- Dunbar. He's thisclose to popping somebody or slappin a ho and going to jail.
Old 01-08-08, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycloth
i am also another one who hates reality tv shows but for some reason i love these and i hate the stand alone real world and road rules shows
Me too...
Old 01-08-08, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts
I am shocked to see thats almost the whole cast of RW Austin minus two people are back.
Old 01-09-08, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
What a resume these guys have.....A couple of seasons for these shows was fine but to make a career out them is just ridiculous.Is that one chunky blond chick still doing it? Beth?

Puck was the best thing to come out of all these shows
Old 01-09-08, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by VHS?
What a resume these guys have.....A couple of seasons for these shows was fine but to make a career out them is just ridiculous.Is that one chunky blond chick still doing it? Beth?

Puck was the best thing to come out of all these shows

But see, I think you miss the fact that the ones who keep coming back often bring a lot to the show. Beth's constant drama, Coral's big tits and drama, CT's violent "I might kill you" temper, Tanya's drunken slutty behavior, and etc all add to the show. Slowly sprinkling in RW/RR n00bs so they can get shit on and sent home early by the Old Guard adds even more good times.

Wait...don't tell me you actually watch the Challenges for their Sports Value.

j/k

Last edited by Giantrobo; 01-09-08 at 02:35 AM.
Old 01-09-08, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

wow Coral really cant find anything to do
Old 01-09-08, 12:59 PM

It's about damn time. They usually took a month or two, off between seasons.
Old 01-09-08, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by terrycloth

Same here.
Old 01-23-08, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
I would pay money to see Robin's cans.
Old 01-23-08, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
I would pay money to see Robin's cans.
No need to pay.

NSFW (Robin, Katie, and Jenna Lewis from Survivor in outtakes from Beth's reality calendar shoot)

http://www.celebri-net.com/serendipi....html#extended
Old 01-23-08, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

That was actually a pretty decent ep.

CT is a douche....but ya'll knew that.
Old 01-23-08, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
That was actually a pretty decent ep.

CT is a douche....but ya'll knew that.
At least he made it through an episode w/o punching someone out and getting sent home. It's weird having a challenge show without Derek.
Old 01-24-08, 01:15 AM

Alex in the mud with the ball looking cluesless was just to funny.. i can't stand ct either.
Old 01-24-08, 03:39 PM

God Bless having CT there. I give him 2 or 3 more episodes before he pulls off a repeat of last year.

And Diem is deluding herself if she thinks that he is any different at home with her, compared to being on the show. There is no way a person with that much anger can hide it at home. If she had kept arguing with him he would have started cussing her out and probably would have smacked her around a bit.

She really needs to break it off with him. He's ugly looking and has a terrible personality and disposition. She can do much better.

Chris
Old 01-26-08, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Not a bad episode.

It's weird seeing so many cast members from Viewers Revenge and Fresh Meat. Mostly because I barely watched any of those shows.
Old 01-26-08, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

So does the Big Hillbilly Dude die or something? The promos show him gasping for air with a blank look on his face and people yelling for medics.

Also, Coral once again proves how badass she is getting up in CT's grill even with him being' drunk and probably slightly dangerous.
Old 01-26-08, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
So does the Big Hillbilly Dude die or something? The promos show him gasping for air with a blank look on his face and people yelling for medics.

Also, Coral once again proves how badass she is getting up in CT's grill even with him being' drunk and probably slightly dangerous.
I'm sure we would have heard about it if he actually died.

Both Coral and CT are veterans and know how to play to the cameras in order to get time on the televised show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.