Medium -- "And Then" -- 1/7/2008

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-08, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Medium -- "And Then" -- 1/7/2008

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
Now that Allison's special abilities have been revealed to the public, everyone's lives have been turned upside down. Allison starts to have dreams about a boy who was kidnapped from a toy store, but is unable to turn to Devalos or Scanlon for help. She decides to call the company hired by the missing boy's family and makes an unusual deal with the company's investigator, Cynthia Keener.

Pretty good episode - though I must admit I'm still a little lost on some plot points from last season even after the odd "fan recap" in the beginning. Where did Devalos go with his wife?

I'm a little worried that they're about to reboot this show where Devalos opens a law/investigation firm with Scanlon and Allison as his employees...
Old 01-08-08, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was a little lost too. I'm rewatching this show on DVD but I haven't gotten to Season 3 yet.

Good episode, but a little sombre.
Old 01-08-08, 09:35 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

The suggested reboot would allow them to break the crime of the week mold, so it could open up more possiblilities. Looks like Anjelica Houston might have a recurring role, too.
Old 01-08-08, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Devolos was told to step down as DA after the one two punch of not being able to stop a serial killer and using a psychic. He then spent several weeks fishing in the Gulf of Mexico. I'm assuming that is where they were flying back from.

I'm afraid it will go in a bad direction. Although it might be cool for a while to see how the public reacts as she goes about solving crimes now that she's been outed.
Old 01-08-08, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm worried about the reboot also, but the lovely Patricia Arquette has been reason enough for me to tune in.
Old 01-09-08, 08:21 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

My wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed the show and in all honesty were shocked at the outcome of the case with regard to the little boy - thought that was kind of graphic.

Good to see that next weeks episode features the contractually obligated scene of Patricia in the shower. I think it's written in the script that at least one of them must be in the shower at least once during the show

And Anjelica Huston does have a recurring role in this season, so it'll be interesting to see which avenue they'll go down since working with the DA might not be on the cards.
Old 01-09-08, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't think of another TV show that had the balls to show a victim that young in such graphic detail.

Does anyone know how many episodes NBC has "in the bank"?
Old 01-09-08, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DeputyDave
Does anyone know how many episodes NBC has "in the bank"?
I thought I read in EW that they had 10 (Houston recurs in 6) which should take them through February sweeps.