Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Celebrity Apprentice---Series Discussion--Thursday's on NBC

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-08, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
To me, this entire episode was scripted. Come on, the "mafia" actor is being used as a rat and spy? The entire premise of this show is bunk unlike the Apprentices of the past (where at least those asshats wanted a job and were going to get real money). These "celebrities" who have more money than they know what to do with. Why in the world would they bust their ass to earn money for charity over the course of 3-4 weeks? Maybe for a day or two, but Im sure it gets old for them and then, like Vincent Pastore, they bail. Gene Simmons did the same thing. Those guys got their cash and they bailed.

I see only 3 people who care to win - Piers, Baldwin and Omarosa (because she's a conniving B!*ch who really does need the exposure to extend her 15 minutes).
Old 02-04-08, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
do people actually care if the show seems scripted? It's the Apprentice, It's Entertaining. Thats all I care about.
Old 02-07-08, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Stephen is so full of shit. He was laughing and giggling all through last week's episode, and then later on he decides it's wrong. Piers was right; he is a hypocrite.

I don't think the show will miss the lady who's face didn't move.

Don't necessarily disagree with the decision, but I thought the guys could have used sheets for their bed.
Old 02-08-08, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
at Stephen...I just switched to your team....and I won't be available for the next task.

I'm definitely enjoying Piers vs. Ponderosa even though I know they are hamming it up for the cameras.

Trace could have a 2nd career coming up with marketing ideas - he's been really good at that. Lennox's only value is his name and face as the most recognizable star the guys have.
Old 02-08-08, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by mwbmis
Don't necessarily disagree with the decision, but I thought the guys could have used sheets for their bed.

I think there weren't any sheets to showcase the mattress underneath.
Old 02-08-08, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Red Dog
at Stephen...I just switched to your team....and I won't be available for the next task.

I'm definitely enjoying Piers vs. Ponderosa even though I know they are hamming it up for the cameras.

Trace could have a 2nd career coming up with marketing ideas - he's been really good at that. Lennox's only value is his name and face as the most recognizable star the guys have.
Only value that has helped them win a majority of challenges. That is a pretty good value. Trace and Lennox have quietly carried the mens team.
Old 02-08-08, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
You can tell that Trump has always hated Nelly, and has always LIKED Stephen Baldwin.

Trump always asks for his advice, and you can tell he likes him.
Old 02-08-08, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm liking the celebrity version more than the bits of the normal CA I've seen in the past. It seems less about the tasks and more about all the drama. Omarosa still gets on my nerves but less so than Piers. That a-hole Brit is annoying beyond words. I'm waiting for Omarosa to take a punch at him.
Old 02-09-08, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
What the hell. Mark Anthony was a brotha?

Last edited by Jack Straw; 02-09-08 at 01:58 AM.
Old 02-09-08, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Good to see George back again. He can speak from experience unlike the Trump kids.
Old 02-09-08, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight
Good to see George back again. He can speak from experience unlike the Trump kids.
Ivanka was probably out getting a pedicure.

The old guy was a sour puss though. Everyone seemed to take delight in all the back-stabbing too. Reason why I hate boardrooms and office meetings.
Old 02-11-08, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
I have to admit two things. Firstly that i was tired of the apprentice show and secondly that i never liked Piers Morgan at all (and being a Brit i have known him of him for longer than US audiences). However, the celebrity Apprentice has changed both these things. This season is the best ever, and Piers has been the star of it. He has come out wit some great put downs and he has actually shown that he has a bit of intelligence. Its amazing to how some of the other people have also appeared. I had never heard of Trace, but i agree with the poster that says he should go into Advertising....he has come up with some great ideas. I was surprised when Gene basically threw himself under the bus for Nelly. I had a feeling that Gene was wanting to leave the show (probably costing him money to be there) and thats why he refused to bring Nelly in. Gene Simmons is a very business minded guy and one whom i am sure would not stabbing anyone in the back to win. One thing that has surprised me is the status they have put on lennox Lewis. Again he is very familiar to me as he fought as a Brit...but i never thought he would be that recognizable on the streets of New York. It just goes to show.

The last episode was the best ever. With Piers saying that the womens team had 3 very glamourous women...and Omorossa, and his line about "Bad luck" to her at the end was a gem. The whole Lennox "Permission to speak" was also hilarious and when he farted i was cracking up laughing. I think one ot the reasons that the mens team is doing so well is that they are having a good time whilst they are there. The women seem to be taking it very seriously indeed.
Old 02-11-08, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

[QUOTE=movieking]
  • In 1994 his second wife shot him through his lungs and heart during a domestic dispute.
  • Broke both his arms, a leg and a handful of ribs and cut his nose off in a car crash
  • Had to have his finger reattached when he sliced it off with a knife, and got the doctors to attach it in a way so that he could still play guitar
  • Sustained a crush injury to his chest and a rib-sternum separation when he was pinned under a tractor

QUOTE]

I have even more respect for Trace after reading all this.
Old 02-11-08, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by james2025a
The last episode was the best ever. With Piers saying that the womens team had 3 very glamourous women...and Omorossa, and his line about "Bad luck" to her at the end was a gem.
I'm pretty sure that Piers said "4" glamorous women and Omarossa so he was also poking fun at Baldwin as well which made that statement even funnier.
Old 02-11-08, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I missed Ivanka. I think she is off the charts sexy and would go on a date with her, if asked.
Old 02-12-08, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
I'm pretty sure that Piers said "4" glamorous women and Omarossa so he was also poking fun at Baldwin as well which made that statement even funnier.
Its funny but when i was typing it in i remembered it being 4...but i thought to myself that i must have been mistaken as there were only 4 women on the team. That makes the statement even funnier. I hope that Piers ends up winning this.
Old 02-14-08, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
What a cop out! I like him, but Trace should have gone home; they lost.

Piers may be a blowhard, but that doesn't mean he's wrong about Omarosa. She was so completely out of line I almost wish Piers would have smacked her.
Old 02-14-08, 11:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Trace has been a superstar on this show, Trump couldn't fire him.. If anyone, it looks as if Baldwin wasn't really pulling his weight in this competition.

Piers still has a crappy team for next week, as Lennox has been completely useless this entire season, and the rest of his team isn't much better. Hopefully Omarosa causes the other team to self-destruct.
Old 02-15-08, 02:52 AM
Suspended

Mary Lou should've been fired based on past performance, her team and herself as an individual has messed up numerous times
Old 02-15-08, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Omarosa is probably doing exactly what Trump wanted her to do, provide enough drama to provide 42 minutes in these weekly shows to prop up the ratings. Plus, Omarosa did want to sabotage her team and force Trump to fire Piers, but even that became a win-win for her as the rest of the team rallied and pulled off the "victory".
Old 02-15-08, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I can't believe trump would want to have somebody acting like Omarosa, be tied to his name. He should have made Omarosa switch teams right then, and fired her.

The whole family stuff was way out of line. I give Piers credit for taking as high a road as he did.
Old 02-15-08, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by SpaceBoy
I can't believe trump would want to have somebody acting like Omarosa, be tied to his name. He should have made Omarosa switch teams right then, and fired her.

The whole family stuff was way out of line. I give Piers credit for taking as high a road as he did.
I totally agree! Since he already broke his own rule about "somebody will be fired", why not do exactly as you just suggested. The difference between Omarossa and the others is that after the show is over, the others will have a career to go back to. No employer with any sensitivity and value for their existing human resources would ever hire her. Omarossa is a publicity whore who has well-overstayed her 15 minutes. I have to say that Piers was getting off some great one-liners

"You're an absurd celebrity wannabe"
"You're a foul-mouthed little tramp and you're off the show" and then Omarossa retorting "I've been fired by better, trust me"
"She's such a pointless, irrelevant, ghastly little creature"
To Ivanka: "I wanted somebody to strangle her slowly and the pour sulfuric acid over her horrible diseased body"

I also loved how Piers was trying to hold back selling carriage rides for big spenders and Omarossa was selling rides to the lowest bidder, and then Piers was telling them to get lost. Omarossa kept exploiting the fact that Piers who is now separated from his wife kept asking him "Is another man raising your children?". That's cold.

This was a great hour of T.V.

Last edited by Jack Straw; 02-15-08 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-16-08, 07:09 AM
Banned

Al Sharpton should hire Omarossa or NAACP.
Old 02-16-08, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This last episode totally proved how much of a joke this celebrity apprentice show is compared to the normal Apprentice. Mind you I have loved it, but I guarantee you the second that Piers said in the beginning he would never work with Omarosa they get a call to go to the boardroom. The producers told Trump put the 2 of them on the same team and let the fireworks begin. Any other Apprentice season if Trump found out that what Omarosa said was true, and you know that while it would not yet have been edited they could have showed him tape he would have fired that person from the contest right there whether the team won or lost.

She showed everyone what kind of person she truly is, and anyone that is an Omarosa fan still after this has some pretty low standards for sure.
Old 02-16-08, 03:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Schloob1
This last episode totally proved how much of a joke this celebrity apprentice show is compared to the normal Apprentice. Mind you I have loved it, but I guarantee you the second that Piers said in the beginning he would never work with Omarosa they get a call to go to the boardroom. The producers told Trump put the 2 of them on the same team and let the fireworks begin. Any other Apprentice season if Trump found out that what Omarosa said was true, and you know that while it would not yet have been edited they could have showed him tape he would have fired that person from the contest right there whether the team won or lost.

She showed everyone what kind of person she truly is, and anyone that is an Omarosa fan still after this has some pretty low standards for sure.
First time I saw her I thought she was a winner and a good role model for black women. But again I voted for Bush.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.