Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Just started watching One Tree Hill...Love this show!!

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-08, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I bought Seasons 1-2 on DVD and had them stored in my closet for the longest time. Only recently did I finally pick up Season 3. On Friday, I went ahead and decided to pop in Season 1 and man, am I so hooked on this show! I've already made it through 15 episodes of Season 1 after a 6 episode marathon today.

I love all the characters. I am especially intrigued about the Brooke, Lucas and Peyton love triangle. Without giving anything away, how complex does this thing get in Seasons 2-4? IMO, Lucas has way better chemistry with Peyton....Brooke IMO is an annoying pest although Sophia Bush is really cute. Does Brooke get more annoying in future seasons? I know she and Chad Michael Murray use to be married. I am so fascinated with Peyton's character. Hilarie Burton has been a really pleasant surprise so far.

One of my favorite episodes of the 1st 15 is "Suddenly everything has changed." The final scene when Haley played the piano and sang for Nathan was really sweet. I just discovered that song was called "Elsewhere" and was originally performed by Sarah McLaughlin, but Bethany Joy's was a solid cover. Is it available anywhere?

Dan Scott is probably the most arrogant prick of a father I have ever seen. I can't believe how understanding Deb is.

For those of you who are fans of the show, can I expect any bad episodes in the future?

I plan to Tivo Season 5 and I will try to get caught up. But, I'm really liking what I am seeing so far.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-01-08 at 03:21 AM.
Old 01-01-08, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a grown man who has been addicted to this show since its first episode. There are plenty of bad episodes, particularly in season 3. In terms of complexity, there really isn't too much. They took away much of the conflict between the main characters and aside from spats here and there, they're all buddy-buddy for a teen soap. It's still a good show.
Old 01-01-08, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by antennaball
I'm a grown man who has been addicted to this show since its first episode. There are plenty of bad episodes, particularly in season 3. In terms of complexity, there really isn't too much. They took away much of the conflict between the main characters and aside from spats here and there, they're all buddy-buddy for a teen soap. It's still a good show.
I couldn't agree more. OTH never takes itself too seriously and Dan & Deb are a trip. I say I am going to drop this show every year, but I can't.
Old 01-01-08, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The show was definately a rollarcoaster with shares of great episodes and ones that weren't so great, but its all done in a way that you can't help but watch and watch and watch... Season two is better than one, and three is better than two - so you have a lot to look forward too!
Old 01-01-08, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Same here.

I went right through S1 and S2 on DVD right before the start of S3.

I thought S2 was easily the worst.
Old 01-01-08, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
Same here, I have always loved this show, season one was really the best for me, I didn't like season two too much. They added way too many characters, that were not that likeable, and gone rather quickly. I love Deb and Dan fighting one another when Dan runs for Mayor in season 3, its some of the funniest moments in the show. Many people think season 4 is the worst, but I think it has the best payoff in the end. Can't wait for season 5.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 01-01-08 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-01-08, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
I have always loved watching Sophia Bush as Brooke, Chad Michael Murray seems like nothing more than a big narsasistic douche for divorcing her, especially how young his current fiancee is.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 01-01-08 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-01-08, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been watching Season 4 again on SoapNet today. Can't wait til Season 5. I might go Brooke myself.
Old 01-02-08, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Finished Season 1 last night. I thought it was a solid 22 episodes. I'm actually surprised that I finished it in about 4 days.

I started Season 2 with the 1st episode last night. My only complaint is that not enough time passed between the Season Finale and Episode 1. Barely 48 hours passed and then Lucas & Keith are back in Tree Hill.....But, looking forward to watching this season. Hopefully I will finish it before the end of the week.
Old 01-02-08, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

watching season four right now....seems kind of dark the first 6-7 episodes....yikes. catty as ever, too.

i love it.
Old 01-02-08, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
When I first started watching the first season, I really liked the Peyton character (plus, I like Hilary Burton's looks), but she does go on a weird character arc or two in the next couple of seasons.

Skillz and Bevin crack me up at times.
Old 01-02-08, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk God

After finishing season 1, the most fascinating character IMO is definitely Peyton. Her solid looks and pretty hair are definitely a plus as well.

I'm finding Brooke extremely annoying, yet she is entertaining and livens up some dull scenes.

I'm really liking Haley as well. I actually went on Youtube to see if the song she sang in Episode 15 was there and thankfully yes. She's an adorable character.

One complaint I have was the actor who played her father......Huey Lewis!!!

Does Huey make anymore appearances in future seasons?

Also, what about Peyton's father, Thomas Ian Griffith?
Old 01-02-08, 07:32 PM

IMO, the characters of Peyton and Brooke flip-flop in the subsequent seasons as far as likeability goes.
Old 01-02-08, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I never liked Peyton. I never understood her being with Nathan when he was an asshole to begin with, even under the premise that teenage/college girls generally go for assholes.
Old 01-02-08, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
One complaint I have was the actor who played her father......Huey Lewis!!!

Does Huey make anymore appearances in future seasons?

Also, what about Peyton's father, Thomas Ian Griffith?
Well it makes sense if Haley's a singer that her dad be played by one.

As for Peyton's dad, he reappears in Season 3, but unfortunately he was no longer played by Terry Silver. I didn't like the actor they replaced him with.