TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

LOST - Season Four Extended Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-07, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
LOST - Season Four Extended Trailer

Obviously contains numerous spoilers.

Good news - S4 premiere bumped up to Jan. 31!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ou7cWOTXJs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ou7cWOTXJs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited by DVD Josh; 12-28-07 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-19-07, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woo-hoo! Thanks for posting this.
Old 12-19-07, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think I've ever been so hyped for an episode of television before. What a fantastic trailer. And I don't think it's too spoiler-filled.
Old 12-19-07, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looks cool and with the lack of new episodes of other shows the 8 episodes of Lost will be a nice treat.
Old 12-19-07, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
this can't come fast enough...
Old 12-19-07, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can't wait...

As uneven as I believed the third season to be, the show as a whole has been fantastic, and surprising to say the least. Now, coupled with this trailer, my excitement for the show has been increased dramatically.

January 31st...
Old 12-19-07, 07:03 PM

Received 51 Likes on 17 Posts
My opinion is simply that each season has been astounding and I hope for nothing but the same on this new one.

One of my favorite aspects of the show is that it actually takes time to reveal the story. Each season has a main element or theme that drives it through the 20 some episodes instead of what some others shows (24) have turned into...which is simply four to five episode arcs and then moving onto something different.

With LOST it seems to me like they have a plan for this show...I can't stand when people whine about never getting answers...because they do come...just not as fast as some other shows like to reveal. I hope LOST continues this way of story telling.
Old 12-19-07, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh hell 2 da motha f#ck*ng Yeah!!! Cant Wait! Best Show on Television!!!
Old 12-19-07, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Matto1020
My opinion is simply that each season has been astounding and I hope for nothing but the same on this new one.

One of my favorite aspects of the show is that it actually takes time to reveal the story. Each season has a main element or theme that drives it through the 20 some episodes instead of what some others shows (24) have turned into...which is simply four to five episode arcs and then moving onto something different.

With LOST it seems to me like they have a plan for this show...I can't stand when people whine about never getting answers...because they do come...just not as fast as some other shows like to reveal. I hope LOST continues this way of story telling.
Interviews with the cast members (namely Josh Hollaway and Michael Emerson) have revealed a consensus: the cast are surprised and astounded at the pace of the storytelling and reveals in this season compared to those past, citing that the definite end-date to the series has instilled in the writers a renewed purpose and drive.

Fans of ABC’s Lost have endured a longer than usual wait for their coveted program to return, nearly eight months and counting. ABC recently announced the show would begin its fourth season Thursday January 31, at 9pm EST. But there is a problem, the series has been set up for an three season end date, and only half of the fourth season has been produced. The result could be that Lost fans will only be treated to eight episodes of the hit show before it goes back on hiatus for nearly another year.

Lost showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse pleaded with ABC to consider holding off on airing the series until the second eight episodes of the fourth season could be completed, but it appears that in today’s climate the networks aren’t up for doing writers many favors. ABC will be airing essentially half a season. The writer/producer duo have stated previously that the eighth episode ends in such a way that it will be frustrating to viewers, but actor Michael Emerson recently suggested otherwise.

“Well, yeah, that would be a shame. I can see from what we have done already that they are going in some really interesting new directions. I made a mental note to myself that the ending of episode 8 is a pretty great cliff-hanger,” Told me in an exclusive interview pulished at UGO.com. “If the show had to go away for an extended period of time, it wouldn’t be a bad way to go. It’s a shocking and exciting development in the program.”

Lost fans are used to being frustrated by the show’s slow-drip style of story telling, but this may not be quite the same sort of frustration that Lindelof and Cuse are alluding to. When I visited the set of Lost this fall actor Josh Holloway, who plays Sawyer on the show, told me the story of season four was moving along at an unprecedented pace for the show known for stalling its big reveals. “It’s very fast moving, concise if you will.” Holloway told me.
Pity about that writer's strike.
Old 12-19-07, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That trailer is AMAZING. I can't wait for this season. is that Asian guy the same guy that was on sopranos (in the mental hospital with Uncle Junior)? If so, I thought he was awesome on that. CANT WAIT
Old 12-19-07, 08:44 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by firteen88
That trailer is AMAZING. I can't wait for this season. is that Asian guy the same guy that was on sopranos (in the mental hospital with Uncle Junior)? If so, I thought he was awesome on that. CANT WAIT
Ha! Knew I remembered seeing him somewhere before. Has to be him. Bastard.
Old 12-19-07, 11:24 PM

Did I see Hurley looking at...
Spoiler:
JACOB?

Last edited by The Turbanator; 12-19-07 at 11:26 PM.
Old 12-19-07, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I can't wait... and that trailer is just getting me more excited. My signature proves this.
Old 12-20-07, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts
Crap, now it's gone. I was gonna show my wife too.
Old 12-20-07, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by Draven
Crap, now it's gone. I was gonna show my wife too.
Here is another link to the trailer:

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/james-hi...st_trailer.php
Old 12-20-07, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts
Cool, thanks!
Old 12-21-07, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
goddamnit why didn't kristen bell sign on to do this instead heroes.
Old 12-21-07, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
goddamnit why didn't kristen bell sign on to do this instead heroes.
It seems like a long time ago, but last season Heroes was widely regarded as the superior show. Granted, Lost had the much better season finale, but it seemed like the sky was the limit for Heroes whereas Lost was slowly winding down.

Amazing how much things have changed in just a few short months.
Old 12-21-07, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Doughboy
last season Heroes was widely regarded as the superior show. Granted, Lost had the much better season finale, but it seemed like the sky was the limit for Heroes whereas Lost was slowly winding down.
I call bullshit.
Old 12-21-07, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like Lost may have got its groove back.
Old 12-21-07, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I totally dig the promo shot with the beach in top, but the skyline of a city reflected in the water....so cool.

So what do you think?
Spoiler:
We'll likely see more flashforwards now. Obviously Kate and Jack make it off; but why don't the others? Is Locke a bad guy or a good guy? What about Ben?
Old 12-21-07, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Toad
So what do you think?
Spoiler:
We'll likely see more flashforwards now. Obviously Kate and Jack make it off; but why don't the others? Is Locke a bad guy or a good guy? What about Ben?
Not sure, but where's that new Asian-looking guy from? I've seen him before.

Also, nice Weird Al sig.
Old 12-21-07, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by hardercore
I call bullshit.
Based on what? Lost's ratings had gone down considerably since early in its run. The creators themselves said they planned on doing 3 more 16-episode seasons. And Heroes was a critical darling that garnered a bunch of Emmy nods.

Obviously now the reality is that Lost seems to be back on its game(although the strike will stall its momentum at least somewhat) while Heroes Season 2 was a borderline disaster. But everything I stated in the paragraph about is fact, not opinion. Can you blame Kristen Bell for picking Heroes over Lost at the time?
Old 12-21-07, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Not sure, but where's that new Asian-looking guy from? I've seen him before.

Also, nice Weird Al sig.
He must be from the helicopter; same as that guy from Saving Private Ryan (Oppum? Something like that).

Thanks for the Weird Al props. It still makes me laugh and I'm nearly 30.
Old 12-21-07, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Toad, in response to your spoilered question:

Spoiler:
The producers have said that from now on flash forwards are fair game, and we may not even know what is forward and what is back.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.