Dexter - "There's Something About Harry" - 12/02/07

Old 12-02-07, 12:25 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dexter - "There's Something About Harry" - 12/02/07

"There's Something About Harry"
Spoiler:
Dexter finds himself with the upper hand when Doakes tracks him to his latest kill. But when Doakes reveals a secret about Harry's past, Dexter's world comes crumbling down. Meanwhile, Rita starts letting Dexter back into her life, and the Miami Metro PD starts closing in on the Bay Harbor Butcher.
Old 12-02-07, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

God I'm so psyched about tonight's episode. Just a few more hours to go...
Old 12-03-07, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Awesome episode...man.
Old 12-03-07, 12:19 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Another top notch episode. Doakes and Dexter's chats were much better than I thought they would be.

Nice little twist on Dex's dad as well.
Old 12-03-07, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flay

Another top notch episode. Doakes and Dexter's chats were much better than I thought they would be.

Nice little twist on Dex's dad as well.
I thought the chats were terrific as well. You could see Doakes struggle as he started to finally understand Dexter. One has to wonder exactly what Doakes thinks of his own life right now. Having Dexter point out that his own life was more worthwhile than Doakes had to sting.
Old 12-03-07, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very good episode. My prediction for how it ends (note: this is partially based on the preview for next week, so if you don't watch the previews, you want to not read this)

Spoiler:
Lila kills Doakes to try to get Dexter back. Dexter is then free to kill Lila, because she's a killer.
Old 12-03-07, 01:44 AM

Great episode just like the last. Is anyone else beginning to like Doakes? Just these past few episodes I've really enjoyed his character.
Old 12-03-07, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

great, great episode. Next weeks looks even better. I know everyone always talks about how hot Rita(julie benz i think) but after tonite episode i just realized how freakin sexy Doakes is(and this coming from a very straight guy, well mostly straight ).
Old 12-03-07, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

can't help but feel sorry for doakes.

another great great episode.
Old 12-03-07, 10:16 AM

This is the best show on TV right now. Every episode is hitting on all cylinders and IMO has not missed a beat anywhere.

I'm really starting to enjoy the Doakes character and it's gonna suck when he (eventually) goes, but I guess at this point it is unavoidable.

Well, unless Lila frees him and they both run away together.

2 more eps left. Dammit!
Old 12-03-07, 10:34 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

One strange aspect of this show is how much I pull for Dexter, who by all accounts is a monster.

Take the cell phone scene for instance. I wasn't pulling for Doakes to get the phone. I was actually worried Dexter wouldn't make it there in time and relieved when he did.
Old 12-03-07, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It seems like they have to find something for everyone to do in every episode, and it's kind of taxing.

I've certainly reached a point where I don't care what Maria is up to. She's just been there to try to pump some emotional weight behind Doakes, but it really doesn't work because she's so unpleasant.

The larger story arc also makes it harder to care about how Deb is anxious about the direction of her relationship with Lundy. Every time I see the two of them together, I'm scared they're going to throw in another Lundy butt-shot.

I don't think Dexter is going to kill Lila or Doakes. He has a problem in his twisted moral universe, and this is the sort of thing that usually passively solves itself because they don't want to make him unlikable.

One possibility I see happening is that LaGuerta kills Doakes to save her career. Then, possibly, Dexter kills LaGuerta. I really like this as an option, because it reveals her as being colder than either of them. But it's unlikely, because it doesn't involve Lila.

I think that this would be a strong narrative conclusion to the butcher storyline, but the writers seem intent on involving Lila in the climax in some central way.

Another possibility is Doakes killing Lila and/or Maria then killing himself.

Or, maybe Deb kills Doakes and Lila.

I don't see any way Doakes lives unless the finale is Dexter getting caught (unlikely). I can't imagine him coming to any sort of "understanding" with Dexter, so there's no way they both walk away.
Old 12-03-07, 11:25 AM

I can't help but feel that by the curtain-call of this season, Deb will learn Dexter's "secret" and ultimately have a hand in saving him. Of course this will be some serious moral dilemma on her part, though in the end she will protect Dexter but their relationship will definitely suffer because of it. I can see this leading into next season with their eventual reconciliation and Deb "helping" Dexter stay in the darkness...

...And they all lived happily ever after. The End.
Old 12-03-07, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
Very good episode. My prediction for how it ends (note: this is partially based on the preview for next week, so if you don't watch the previews, you want to not read this)

Spoiler:
Lila kills Doakes to try to get Dexter back. Dexter is then free to kill Lila, because she's a killer.
Spoiler:
i agree - somehow either doakes or lila kills the other and allows dexter to kill according to the code. as erratic as lila is, i expect she has a role in doakes' death.
Old 12-03-07, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jpoppe
I can't help but feel that by the curtain-call of this season, Deb will learn Dexter's "secret" and ultimately have a hand in saving him. Of course this will be some serious moral dilemma on her part, though in the end she will protect Dexter but their relationship will definitely suffer because of it.

I was thinking something similar to this as well. Especially after the scene Deb had with LaGuerta in which the latter told the former that you do what you have to do to protect those you care about, and that Deb would understand if she ever had to. A little foreshadowing, methinks.

-Doc
Old 12-03-07, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Man I love this show! What's really amazing is that they've somehow turned Doakes from my most hated character to a guy I actually liked having around in this episode. They finally dropped the angry cop act made him an actual human. I loved all of his interactions with Dexter.

Anyone else completely shocked that Lila didn't show up at the beach? I haven't watched the previews, but I'm guessing her Roofie incident will be the impetus for Dexter giving her the axe (or chainsaw if you will) once and for all. I can't wait till next week.
Old 12-03-07, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So why did Lila roofie herself? To get Angel in trouble blaming it on him, or to get Dexter jealous?
Old 12-03-07, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
So why did Lila roofie herself? To get Angel in trouble blaming it on him, or to get Dexter jealous?
I'm guessing she thinks she can force Dexter into coming back to her if she threatens his friends. Maybe she'll agree to drop the charges if he comes back.

The other option is that she just really wants to see his monster. Yes, I know how that reads.
Old 12-03-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mordred
I'm guessing she thinks she can force Dexter into coming back to her if she threatens his friends. Maybe she'll agree to drop the charges if he comes back.

The other option is that she just really wants to see his monster. Yes, I know how that reads.
I really want to see her monster.

Anyway to catch the preview for next weeks episode? My DVR cut out.
Old 12-03-07, 01:32 PM

you cand find an extended trailer for next week's ep on showtime's website - sho.com
Old 12-03-07, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

you cand find an extended trailer for next week's ep on showtime's website - sho.com
Holy shit.
Spoiler:
Looks like Dexter tells Deb he's the Bay Harbor Butcher!
Old 12-03-07, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I looked and could only find 2 clips from next weeks episode..no trailer. Could you point me in the direction to it?

Thanks

Edit: Ugh, I found it. I'm an idiot
Old 12-03-07, 02:36 PM

where is the trailer at?
Old 12-03-07, 02:57 PM

The trailer is on the homepage of sho.com. Click watch video when the image of Dexter cycles on your screen.

It really gives away a lot, so consider not watching it.
Old 12-03-07, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't understand one thing... I thought the nurse that was overdosing Harry's pain meds was Dexter's first human victim. Now it's this murderer who got away?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.