Heroes -- "Truth & Consequences" -- 11.26.2007

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-07, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Truth & Consequences"

Peter travels to Primatech Paper in Texas with his new friend to destroy the virus, which will kill 93% of the world's population in the future -- or so he believes. Niki returns to Micah with bad news. To right a wrong, Monica puts her abilities to the test. Hiro goes after his father's killer. Meanwhile, Matt uses his mental abilities to track down the last person in the Company photo. Nathan learns his brother is alive. Outside of New York, Maya must choose between Alejandro and Sylar.

Sigh. One left after this.
Old 11-26-07, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Yeah bummer there is only 1 episode left. If the strike gets resolved after today, then maybe we can get more episodes sometime in February or March (I heard most TV shows need to get at least 6 episodes in the can before they can air.)
Old 11-26-07, 09:17 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Kristen Bell is a brilliant actress whose virtuoso performance is so nuanced and incredible that I'm sure she'll sweep the Emmys every year she's on the show. And anybody who disagrees just doesn't "get it".
Old 11-26-07, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
Kristen Bell is a brilliant actress whose virtuoso performance is so nuanced and incredible that I'm sure she'll sweep the Emmys every year she's on the show. And anybody who disagrees just doesn't "get it".
Best post I've seen all day.
Old 11-26-07, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I have a theory about the virus. This show seems to lend itself to paradoxes and the like, with the Heroes often causing more trouble than good.

That being the case, my theory (and no need for a spoiler as this is based on nothing by my own intuition) is that Peter travels forward in time to rescue Caitlin, and brings her back to the present. Except that Caitlin is now infected with the Shanti virus, which multiplies upon her arrival.

Hiro understood this when he let his father die at the hands of Kensei/Adam, that by changing the past, he risked the future. Peter OTOH, does not.
Old 11-26-07, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Judging by the fact that I did not watch last week's episode until Friday, I guess I "can wait."
Old 11-26-07, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I have a theory about the virus. This show seems to lend itself to paradoxes and the like, with the Heroes often causing more trouble than good.

That being the case, my theory (and no need for a spoiler as this is based on nothing by my own intuition) is that Peter travels forward in time to rescue Caitlin, and brings her back to the present. Except that Caitlin is now infected with the Shanti virus, which multiplies upon her arrival.

Hiro understood this when he let his father die at the hands of Kensei/Adam, that by changing the past, he risked the future. Peter OTOH, does not.
Interesting thought. But would it really be changing the past if Peter goes back for Caitlin if they transported to the future first? Hiro's Pop seemed destined to die by Adam's hand as long as Hiro didn't interfere, but only because of Peter did Caitlin ever end up in the future.

This whole thing hurts my head. I'm looking forward to it more than I have in a while, just because there seems to be an actual resolution to something coming here. I've seen about 500,000 "The Heroes saw the future and there are only 2 episodes left to change it" commercials during football this week, if they don't actually resolve this, I'm going to be pissed.
Old 11-26-07, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Man, if Peter kills 93% of the world's population to save CAITLIN, I'm gonna be pissed.

Of course, that might actually explain why the show actually bothered to spend so much time on the boring Irish subplot. But I never bought Peter being in love with her and that seemed to come out of left-field.
Old 11-26-07, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Man, if Peter kills 93% of the world's population to save CAITLIN, I'm gonna be pissed.
I would kill 93% of the population not to have to hear her say "PAYTUR!" again. It's almost as bad as "Chahhhleee!" and "Claehhhh!" and, of course, "WALT!"
Old 11-26-07, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
So by "saving the cheerleader and saving the world" they saved a few million. But if the bomb had gone off, there would have been no virus. Is this why Linderman and the others set things in motion to blow up New York?
Old 11-26-07, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
I would kill 93% of the population not to have to hear her say "PAYTUR!" again. It's almost as bad as "Chahhhleee!" and "Claehhhh!" and, of course, "WALT!"
Yep. I used to think that Gabrielle Anwar had the worst fake Irish accent on TV, but Caitlin is the damn Lucky Charms leprachaun compared to her.
Old 11-26-07, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020
So by "saving the cheerleader and saving the world" they saved a few million. But if the bomb had gone off, there would have been no virus. Is this why Linderman and the others set things in motion to blow up New York?
This is the sort of paradox I'm talking about.
Old 11-26-07, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
So I wonder if the WGA strike resolves this week if they'll put back the original ending (and not the season finale version) in episode 11?
Old 11-26-07, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
I guess I dont get it, I think she blows.
Old 11-26-07, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

sylar really drives me nuts, but then that's probably the point of his character.
Old 11-26-07, 08:49 PM

Woo-hoo

Spoiler:

one down...

Discussion Fodder:

1. Mohinder is a tool. In all meanings.
2. The Wonder Twins aren't.
3. Claire's mom
Spoiler:
should have pulled the trigger

4. Bob is a jerk. It will be "shocking" to see how Elle turns on him.
5. Too many characters got added to an already large cast this season. They detract way too time from much from the interesting ones. This is particularly true for Zan & Jayna and the "iMimic girl"
6. DL is/was more interesting than Nikki/Jessica
7. Sylar, as written and acted has to be one of the most sinister characters going

Just my US$0.02...

Last edited by elengineer; 11-26-07 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-26-07, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When is Sylar gonna kill Elle?

Another terrific episode. Happy to see Sylar return and while Adam is a pretty cool character I don't see him lasting much longer. With the throwaway line about taking off his head being the only way to kill him, that pretty much set up his death. Sylar needs to kill Mohinder as well.

Last edited by PopcornTreeCt; 11-26-07 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-26-07, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

wow, quite an episode. set up for the finally pretty well. should be interesting to see what happens, especially after watching the preview for next.

the season started slow but it looks like it is heating up right to the end.
Old 11-26-07, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Halve of the twin is dead, only 1 more to go.

Not as good as last week but then again, last week was hard to top.
Old 11-26-07, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
maya is crazy sexy, hope she lives.

peter vs. hiro? what if hiro is killed? nooo.

so terrible this season has to end so soon.
Old 11-26-07, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I found tonight's episode pretty average, boring in some of the subplots, silly in others, and okay for the rest. The Bennets bit was boring (except for the girl-on-girl face-off, but even that scene was "off"). Mohinder seems to be spread too thin (HRG, Nikki, Sylar). Hated the Sylar/Maya/Alejandro scenes. Monica needs to watch some more Jet Li movies. Peter and Adam's subplot with Victoria was underwritten. If I'm Ando, I'm pissed at Hiro bouncing around time, and waking me up whenever he feels like it. I wonder if Hiro is going to give Peter his scar.
Old 11-26-07, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm guessing Monica and Maya take a dirt nap next week.
Old 11-26-07, 09:13 PM

This episode kind of felt like a longer episode that was edited down. I also think the whole Micah story was unneeded. Eh, so next week IS the season finale. At least the HD set will be cheaper this time
Old 11-26-07, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Why didn't Hiro mention to Peter that he saw Adam being locked away for attempting to release the virus instead of charging Peter like a complete idiot? It might have caused Peter to think twice since the replicant chick from Blade Runner told him the same thing.
Old 11-26-07, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I actually like the idea of a Maya and Sylar murder spree... Now that one twin is gone, maybe they can salvage her by making her evil as hell.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.