House - "Ugly" - 11/13/07

Old 11-13-07, 07:14 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
House - "Ugly" - 11/13/07

"Ugly"
Spoiler:
A documentary film crew follows House and his team, as they treat a teenager who had a heart attack prior to facial reconstruction; several of the fellowship candidates distract House.
Old 11-13-07, 10:12 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Wilson's interview about House and the scenes from the movie at the end were great
Old 11-13-07, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
House: The Documentary - pretty funny stuff with House becoming an idiot in front of hot doctors, as well as Wilson building up House as a wiccan, and the "hatchet" job the documentary filmmaker did on House.
Old 11-13-07, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Too bad he had to fire the new doctor already.
Old 11-13-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Excellent ep.
Old 11-14-07, 12:20 AM

I really loved the humor in this episode. Wilson's interview about House had me cracking up.

I didn't like Dr. Hotness getting fired already, especially since she did just leave her career to join House's team. Perhaps he should have remembered that working for the government kills all creativity & it would take her a few days to learn to think outside of the box again. LOL

I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Old 11-14-07, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I'm kind of glad that the new doctor got fired already. It was nice to see House being like every other guy, but still knowing who he is and what's best for his team.

I hope that they continue to fire more people though. I don't really want to see this thing dragged on too long.
Old 11-14-07, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I was hoping the CIA doc would stick around for awhile. Her subplot in this episode just didn't ring true. Last week she was portrayed as at least competent and in charge and possibly a worthy foil for House (even though she didn't really display any medical expertise). The ending of that episode gave the impression that an important new character and story arc was being introduced. Then this week she suddenly became an incompetent wallflower. She had very few lines and little interaction with House. It seems like maybe the writers had bigger plans for her initially, and then they had to make some hasty changes to write the character out. I could almost hear the writers saying, "Uhhh... nevermind." It was rather pointless.
That said, I enjoyed the other aspects of this episode. The funniest parts were the Wilson interview, the hack edit on the documentary, and this exchange between House and Wilson:
Wilson: "How'd you get the key?"
House: "Blew the janitor."
Wilson: "...wait, what?!"
House: "It's his name. Blue."
Wilson: "His name is Lou."
House: "I owe him an apology."
Old 11-14-07, 02:39 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Another great episode. I like this season a lot thus far. I miss the old team, but I guess they really aren't gone lol.
Old 11-14-07, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

@ Wilson's interview

I'm glad they got rid of the new doctor.

Was I the only one rooting for the plastic surgeon last night (I wanted the kid to get the operation)?
Old 11-14-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Michael Michele's exit did seem kind of abrupt, I figured she'd be sticking around for at least more than one episode.

I loved Cuddy's reaction at her desk when the camera was pointing at her through the glass door and she realized that House must've just said something about her.
Old 11-14-07, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
The funniest parts were the Wilson interview, the hack edit on the documentary, and this exchange between House and Wilson:
Wilson: "How'd you get the key?"
House: "Blew the janitor."
Wilson: "...wait, what?!"
House: "It's his name. Blue."
Wilson: "His name is Lou."
House: "I owe him an apology."
Leonard's delivery of the bolded line was comedy gold (as was the rest of the exchange). I also thought the hack edit of the film was great (including her voiceover).
Old 11-14-07, 02:16 PM

"I'm sure he was just tapping his foot and reaching for the toilet paper..."
Old 11-14-07, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Eh, I just thought it was an OK episode. Not great. Glad the CIA doc got the boot as I found her annoying.
Old 11-14-07, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I didn't get why House canned Michael Michele so abruptly....

So he thought she made some stupid comments? I'm no expert on being in a medical fellowship, but isn't part of being in one learning from the doctors? I think she didn't even got a fair shot at all. I mean "Cutthroat Bitch" has made far more annoying and stupid comments.
Old 11-14-07, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Michael Michele's short stint was a waste for the most part.

The Wiccan line by Wilson was gold.

I was hoping one of the original hopefuls would get the axe.
Old 11-14-07, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DJariya
I didn't get why House canned Michael Michele so abruptly....

So he thought she made some stupid comments? I'm no expert on being in a medical fellowship, but isn't part of being in one learning from the doctors? I think she didn't even got a fair shot at all. I mean "Cutthroat Bitch" has made far more annoying and stupid comments.
Probably because her suggestions were ridiculously bad, and House realized that having her around made him stupider since he'd take her suggestions into account based on her hotness. Plus, don't forget House is supposed to be the best diagnostician in the country, and the way he bounces ideas off his doctors is a large part of his success. Having her around complicates his judgment.
Old 11-14-07, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think the point was that he was blinded by his lust for her, and not that she was making stupid comments, but very obvious and non-creative ones. It is about learning from House, but I think he expects the people he is going to put on his team to come with a certain level of knowledge and skill (along with interesting personal problems), things House didn't think she had.

Still, I think one episode did seem too quick to can her considering how much went into setting her character up. She did seem like an after thought in this episode.

I have to say I was very nervous about this season, and I thought we would be back to the regular cast by now, but I'm really enjoying this "interview process" story arc. I really could see any combination of the remaining doctors being interesting to follow.

Also, I cannot believe there was a time in the first few episodes of season one where I thought Wilson was a lame character. I love what they've done with him - he's one of the best aspects of the show now.
Old 11-14-07, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

OMG that was a good episode, the end showing all the footage from the camera crew making House look like this compassionate, caring, wonderful doctor who was inspired by Patch Adams was priceless.
Old 11-14-07, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They sure do love showing off cutthroat bitch's legs, not that I'm complaining. I'm not a fan of her character, but I'd rather she win over Kal Penn or plastic surgery guy.
Old 11-14-07, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I noticed that about cutthroat bitch as well. Hard not to. It's exactly the opposite with 13. She always wears pants

I expect to see Michele back again at some point.
Old 11-17-07, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

this season has been great, the new doctors have mixed things up nicely

i liked the CIA doctor getting fired

and yep the doco at the end was golden