Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: China - 11/08/07

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be voted off tonight?!
Amanda
0%
Courtney
0%
Denise
0%
Erik
0%
Frosti
0%
James
0%
Jean-Robert
90.00%
Peih-Gee
0%
Todd
0%
Some new crazy-ass Survivor twist
10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: China - 11/08/07

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-07, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
They may have blown their chance at getting James out in the short-term. He likely now will be on the defensive and be willing to play the immunity idols at any time. He is kinda screwing himself, though, and I give him zero chance of winning the whole thing. Kind of a dick move not to give one of the HIIs back to Todd after he found his own. That may end up screwing him as I'm sure Todd has no trust in him. Plus I think he is too confident. Maybe the vote last night will bring him back down to Earth a little bit.
Old 11-09-07, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not liking the look of next week based on the preview:

Spoiler:
It appears TWO people might be voted out next week. This may mean James gets the boot. If he thinks the tribe is gunning for him at the next council, he would only bring ONE immunity idol to tribal (or none if he wins the individual immunity challenge) and use it. He would think leaving one behind at camp is safe. By having an immediate second vote screws James since he wouldn't have the 2nd hidden immunity idol in play.

If this happens, I may not watch the rest of this season. Go James!
Old 11-09-07, 09:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hypothetically speaking, if James is eliminated next week by not using the HII, can he hand over both the HIIs to anyone on his way out and can they use it in a future TC?
Old 11-09-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Silt
James is starting to become one of my all-time favorites and I hope he wins this thing....though dude better start bringing those idols with him to tribal. Glad that Jean-Slobert is gone, easily my least favorite of the season.
Same Here; I don’t think he’s quite up there with Rupert but he’s close. I think Chicken might’ve been the one everybody would’ve liked to win, but he got voted off first so we’ll never know. Yau-Man would probably be my second favorite, he was great.

Anyways, I’m glad Jean-Robert is gone but I wanted to punch James in the face for not bringing the Idol’s with him to tribal council. “I’ll wing it!” –James. This is the second time so far this season somebody has had an unrealistic view of themselves after they’ve gotten voted off.

If we are going to be seeing a bunch of crappy reality shows in the New Year because of the WGA strike, they better not blur the naked people from now on.
Old 11-09-07, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
They may have blown their chance at getting James out in the short-term. He likely now will be on the defensive and be willing to play the immunity idols at any time. He is kinda screwing himself, though, and I give him zero chance of winning the whole thing. Kind of a dick move not to give one of the HIIs back to Todd after he found his own. That may end up screwing him as I'm sure Todd has no trust in him. Plus I think he is too confident. Maybe the vote last night will bring him back down to Earth a little bit.
Here's a question though....why should he just give one back? Maybe if Todd had the guts to ask him for it back he'd get it back. If Todd's not going to ask then why should James volunteer it. It is not like any of James' true allies have been in danger yet. He's probably just holding on to them to see what happens.

I like James, but not telling Denise last night was an error in judgement. His closest alliance (Todd/Amanda) aren't really alligned with him other than for convenience. It's easier to turn on people that you don't really care about.

I agree with Amanda though...Todd is overplaying. We'll see if it costs him.
Old 11-09-07, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe Todd did ask for it back. Even so, I would think it would be a smart move by James to offer even if he didn't. Todd took a risk in giving him the idol and James should probably be grateful and be willing to offer it back, moreso since he has both of them. But, we truly do not know what is in James' mind, so we will see how it plays out. Based on Todd's attitude during his comments last night, though, it doesn't appear Todd is counting on James giving either of them up should someone in their alliance need it. As such I think James will be biggest target once the alliance is forced to turn on each other. And I think he is rubbing too many people the wrong way to win a vote if he makes the final. Unless he is up against Courtney or PG. I think anyone else will beat him, based on what we know at this point in the game.
Old 11-09-07, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

why did todd even give him the idol if they knew one was at each camp?
Old 11-09-07, 02:15 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Todd is manic, he thinks he's running the game, but he's not. He'll not win in a vote for sure.

I enjoy what Courtney brings to the table. A lot. She's far too thin, but her sarkiness is fun to watch. And I got a great joy out of her winning the challenge.
Old 11-09-07, 02:21 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That was an exciting vote last night. At the end I thought "Uh oh, here come 3 in a row for James", but fortunately that didn't happen.
Old 11-09-07, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
Maybe Todd did ask for it back. Even so, I would think it would be a smart move by James to offer even if he didn't. Todd took a risk in giving him the idol and James should probably be grateful and be willing to offer it back, moreso since he has both of them. But, we truly do not know what is in James' mind, so we will see how it plays out. Based on Todd's attitude during his comments last night, though, it doesn't appear Todd is counting on James giving either of them up should someone in their alliance need it. As such I think James will be biggest target once the alliance is forced to turn on each other. And I think he is rubbing too many people the wrong way to win a vote if he makes the final. Unless he is up against Courtney or PG. I think anyone else will beat him, based on what we know at this point in the game.
And maybe he hasn't. If I were James I wouldn't offer one up until the guy asked. If he didn't have the guts to ask then I'm keeping them. If Todd wanted an idol back he should have made it a condition to giving James the idol in the first place.

Pretty much everyone out there is rubbing someone the wrong way. I also think it's definitely fair to speculate that there will be another final 3 this year (with Jaime having made the jury).

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
why did todd even give him the idol if they knew one was at each camp?
Because they weren't sure. They thought that might be the case but did not know for certain. Giving James the first idol was hedging their bets...then they couldn't find a way to actually win that challenge even with James throwing it.
Old 11-09-07, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
She's far too thin, but her sarkiness is fun to watch.
Interesting take on her personality. I dig it.
Old 11-09-07, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by the big train
Anyone who tells Probst to shut-up has my full support.

I'm surprised they aren't blurring Amanda's chest too, because we get a pretty sweet view when the camera is aimed at the right angle.
I was having dinner at the time so I guess I missed the probst shut up. WHen and how did this happen? For what? Any help is appreciated.

Amanda is getting hotter and hotter, I wasnt too impressed at first, but maybe the lack of hot chicks and her cool attitude is changing that.
Old 11-09-07, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Originally Posted by Ravenous
I was having dinner at the time so I guess I missed the probst shut up. WHen and how did this happen? For what? Any help is appreciated.
Jeff was doing his usual "shout out advice during the challenge" thing when her boat was going down and she didn't like it.

Originally Posted by sven
Amanda was even hotter with the glasses on. I think I'm in love.
Yeah, I liked her in the funky glasses
Old 11-09-07, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Blind siding James would have been the smartest move all season. Even though I like James, I can't believe they didn't take him out while he was still complacent. I don't see him being taken unaware again.

He will be in the final 4 (if he makes it to the final 3 - he wins it all, no question).