House - "Mirror Mirror" - 10/30/07

Old 10-30-07, 06:26 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
House - "Mirror Mirror" - 10/30/07

"Mirror Mirror"
Spoiler:
The team takes on the case of a man who collapsed while being mugged. When the man complains of new symptoms that do not fit his initial admission profile, the team suspects he is a hypochondriac. As Mr. X continues to fall ill with symptoms unrelated to his neurological disorder, Foreman and the remaining six fellows are assigned to keep watch, and are bemused as they see their own behavioral idiosyncrasies reflected through him. As they attempt to diagnose this human chameleon, they seem to learn more about themselves than their patient, whose true identity is a mystery. Meanwhile, Cameron and Chase keep a running pool on who House might cut next from the team of candidates, and Foreman engages in a power struggle with House and Cuddy.
Old 10-30-07, 10:41 PM

I thought this was the best episode of the season.
Old 10-30-07, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought it was kind of confusing and pointless.
Old 10-30-07, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

GREAT episode. Definitely the best of the season so far. It's cool to see House slowly beginning to respect Foreman (the scene towards the end).
Old 10-30-07, 11:22 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Cuddy replacing his painkillers with laxatives

Frank Whaley's character kept reminding me of John from John From Cincinnati with his mannerisms and tone, and Whaley looks sort of like an older Austin Nichols
Old 10-31-07, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MrX
Cuddy replacing his painkillers with laxatives
The threat of House replacing Cuddy's birth control pills with who-knows-what...
Old 10-31-07, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Patman
The threat of House replacing Cuddy's birth control pills with who-knows-what...
I thought that was pretty good, as well.
Old 10-31-07, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There were certainly some funny parts, but I feel for the first time like the old cast really intruded on screen time of the new cast. I hope that trend does not continue.

Something interesting gonig on with 13, hopefully that will be a large episode when it happens.

I wasn't too fond of rigging the bet and I also wasn't too fond of the mayo bit.
Old 10-31-07, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I thought it was kind of confusing and pointless.
Is this seat taken?

I agree with you.

There is too much going on.... either deal with Forman and Cuddy OR deal with the 6 other doctors.

They had 2 out getting the car
4 doing tests
cuddy pulling pranks (out of character)
Forman and House dealing with issues

I don't understand how Forman "changed"?
Old 10-31-07, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.

I don't understand how Forman "changed"?
The point is that Forman hasn't changed. He just accepted who he is. He has always been the mirror image of House but he never wanted to accept it and has tried to run from it. The patient just made him realize that he was happy there.
Old 10-31-07, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Off-episode this week. Not very clever. The patient/disease wasn't very interesting. Good scenes/lines about replacing vicodin with laxatives and then replacing cuddy's birth control pills though. Just an OK episode.
Old 10-31-07, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

To many people, not enough to do. Really missed Wilson in this ep.

Doug
Old 10-31-07, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Superman07
There were certainly some funny parts, but I feel for the first time like the old cast really intruded on screen time of the new cast.
Agreed. I wish Foreman stayed gone.
Old 10-31-07, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I enjoyed the hell out of it.
Old 10-31-07, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cdoug57
Really missed Wilson in this ep.
Wilson's operating room scene was pretty good, with the patient beginning to mimic him and chastise House.
Old 10-31-07, 12:32 PM

I thought it was a great episode. I really enjoy Foreman and House's interaction. Each one gets the best of the other one and both have respect for each other. the other original team I wouldn't mind seeing gone.
Old 10-31-07, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

To add to my thoughts last night...

Best episode of the season by far...but one of the most unrealistic things I've ever seen in any TV show happened (and I'm not picky about realism in television).

House was paged because the patient crashed...and the very next scene shows the doctors running up to the collapsed patient, in the hallway. So someone paged House, but nobody bothered to help the patient in the meantime? Yeah right.
Old 10-31-07, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm really enjoying the Survivor style interview. And I liked the ending with House splitting the winnings with Chase.
Old 10-31-07, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Didn't care for this... seemed a bit confusing to me. I liked parts of it, especially how all those people were lined up to see the results of the bet.

Cuddy going as low as replacing House's pills with laxatives? Someone was right when they said in an earlier thread how she seems a shell of herself this season. The whole House has more power thing was funny, but Cuddy shouldn't be that wimpy.
Old 11-02-07, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by abrg923
House was paged because the patient crashed...and the very next scene shows the doctors running up to the collapsed patient, in the hallway. So someone paged House, but nobody bothered to help the patient in the meantime? Yeah right.
I didn't even think of that. Yeah, that is bad.

I liked the scene with House and Cuddy presenting themselves to the patient so he could pick out the alpha dog in their relationship.
Old 11-02-07, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Best episode of the season by far...but one of the most unrealistic things I've ever seen in any TV show happened (and I'm not picky about realism in television).

My wife, who is a HUGE House fan, as well as an RN and an executive over 2 hospitals, turned on the show last night because of this. And didn't they all get paged - not just House? So, a whole team of doctors gets paged and when they get to the patient, he is just lying in the middle of the floor unattended? These guys really need to bring on McNamara and Troy as technical consultants!
Old 11-02-07, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm sure they already have some technical consultants. The problem is, if the producers want medical accuracy, they won't have a show.

There are so many huge errors each show it's not remotely based in reality. Just park your brain at the door and enjoy the interactions.
Old 11-02-07, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Believe me, I do. As I said, I'm not anal at all about realism in my entertainment...but that was a bit much even for me.
Old 11-02-07, 11:28 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

If you watch carefully, you see someone in the foreground, a nurse, knelt down on the ground, and she got out of the way for the doctors. They're ALWAYS on top of that on House, if nothing else.
Old 11-03-07, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i also enjoyed this ep

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.