TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Csi Ny 10/24

Old 10-25-07, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Csi Ny 10/24

this was craptacular

I hate when these shows try using video games or the internet
they're always super lame
Old 10-25-07, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have very little computer game knowledge and thought that was bad.
What was the handheld thing that they used infront of the wall size screen?
Old 10-25-07, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
well, I stand somewhat corrected.
although I still think the virtual world stuff was craptastic, it looks like it was an actual online thing
http://secondlife.com/
Old 10-26-07, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh it's very real and very big, but obviously there was some freedom taken with it.

As for the handheld thing, it was nothing more than a breakaway number pad.

But yes, very bad.

for a chuckle: http://www.getafirstlife.com/
Old 10-26-07, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Two different TV shows in the same week used Second Life for a plot device. Let's just say the other one was more interesting.
Old 10-26-07, 01:29 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Putting aside the crass product placement aspect, I have to say that any episode (of any show, really) where most of the "action" involves the main characters doing something on a computer is never a good idea.

And as a side note, that may be the worst, most inefficient assassin ever.
Old 10-26-07, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by sb5
And as a side note, that may be the worst, most inefficient assassin ever.
Maybe...but they got away with 5(?) murders. Not too shabby, especially considering CSI team was in pursuit during the last 2 murders.
Old 10-26-07, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like Gary Sinise, but when the most thrilling moment is when your main character yells "Log off now!" (or something like that), you know you're in trouble.
Old 10-26-07, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Chew
Two different TV shows in the same week used Second Life for a plot device. Let's just say the other one was more interesting.
I saw that other show, and I agree it was nowhere near as overdone regarding the SecondLife aspect. But I can't remember...What show was it?
Old 10-26-07, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jonnyquest
I saw that other show, and I agree it was nowhere near as overdone regarding the SecondLife aspect. But I can't remember...What show was it?
Spoiler:
The Office
Old 10-26-07, 02:20 PM

Chew, that's not the one I saw...maybe it was last week. It was a police/law/investigation type of show. A murder victim had altered her appearance to match an avatar (or something like that). Not sure if it was SecondLife specifically, or some other generic virtual world. It will come to me eventually.
Old 10-26-07, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Chew, that's not the one I saw...maybe it was last week. It was a police/law/investigation type of show. A murder victim had altered her appearance to match an avatar (or something like that). Not sure if it was SecondLife specifically, or some other generic virtual world. It will come to me eventually.
You mean there's been at least 3 shows then?
Old 10-26-07, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That was Law & Order: SVU and I think the episode was two weeks ago. It wasn't quite as bad as CSI but it was still a bit off.
Old 10-26-07, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wasn't that this episode of CSI:NY?
Old 10-26-07, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by dgmayor
Wasn't that this episode of CSI:NY?
Actually, I think it was L&O SVU. The story there was a woman ran a virtual strip club (whore house) and was murdered in real life by an online client. Her avatar looked like a girl the murderer had kidnapped 20 years before.
Old 10-27-07, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Therecanbonly1
Actually, I think it was L&O SVU. The story there was a woman ran a virtual strip club (whore house) and was murdered in real life by an online client. Her avatar looked like a girl the murderer had kidnapped 20 years before.
Exactamundo!
Old 10-27-07, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
I don't understand it....why is this episode getting all this attention? 9 times out of 10 noone talks about CSI:NY on this forum. I am a fan of the show and one of the best episodes last season (the season finale) that was filled with action and Gary Sinise being a bad ass didn't get a thread made or any discussion last May.
Old 10-27-07, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
I don't understand it....why is this episode getting all this attention?
It's all negative attention (about how lame the episode was) or off-topic discussion (about the recent spate of virtual/internet themed TV shows). I agree about last season's finale; it was very well done.
Old 10-28-07, 10:48 AM

Exactamundo!
Holy crap... I was just at a friends house and he was watching Big Bang Theory (or whatever its called) on tivo (why, oh why...) and they talked about going onto Second life, but the one didn't like the other's avatar or something like that...
Old 10-28-07, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Wow!!!... The hate!

Yeah, yeah, itís not exactly %100 accurate; but I enjoyed it and at least it was entertaining and wasnít the usual CSI stuff.

Iíve heard of Second Life, but didnít really know what it was. Now that I know, I still donít care.

I think I know whoís calling MacÖ

Spoiler:
Telemarketers!
Old 10-28-07, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by nateman241
I think I know whoís calling MacÖ
I'm thinking they're gonna make the "3:33 caller" an epic storyline, like they did with the miniature killer on CSI LV. But I don't know how much longer the "frazzled Mac" personna can last.
Old 10-29-07, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I didn't think the episode was terrible, but I really have to wonder what the writers were thinking when they penned it. Fortunately the show is usually a hell of a lot better than this (and better than both of the other CSI entries), so I can easily dismiss a poor episode.
Old 10-29-07, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Vipper II
I didn't think the episode was terrible, but I really have to wonder what the writers were thinking when they penned it. Fortunately the show is usually a hell of a lot better than this (and better than both of the other CSI entries), so I can easily dismiss a poor episode.
I agree that CSI: NY is probably the best out of the three CSIís this year so far. The original CSI has too many unlikable characters/boring characters, CSI: Miami is the same thing every single week and besides the comedy of Mr. David Caruso; itís a bore. And for some minority credit, Iíd take Gary Sinise as the lead of a show over (Wait for itÖ) David Caruso or William Petersen any day.

Plus I like how they remixed The Who's "Baba O'Riley" song and made it shorter and faster paced.
Old 10-29-07, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nateman241
Plus I like how they remixed The Who's "Baba O'Riley" song and made it shorter and faster paced.
And it sounds pretty sweet in 5.1.