Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Curb Your Enthusiasm - "The Tivo Guy" - 10/21/07

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-07, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Loved the episode.

BTW, I've seen mentioned a few times about how Laurie David supposedly cheated on Larry with their caretaker. Are there any links to this rumor anywhere? Other than newsgroups, I've never seen it anywhere else.
Old 10-22-07, 10:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think when Larry died from last season he wasn't sent back to Earth, he was sent to Hell on Earth. He's being punished for his whole life of misery towards others.
Old 10-22-07, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty good...pretty good...this episode I was laughing all the way through - the little things - the water glasses, the little plate are great.
Old 10-22-07, 11:30 PM

We need a Lucky Leon series.
Old 10-23-07, 03:23 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow, Lucy Lawless looks incredible. I also thought this season has been the worst of the entire series, but this episode had me rolling. A lot of the previous episodes make more sense now, there was palpable tension between Larry and Cheryl for several of them. It'll be very interesting to see where it goes from here.
Old 10-23-07, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Count me in as loving this episode. Cheryl's decision surprised me, even though it shouldn't have. Leon is constantly the funniest thing going right now. That guy REALLY needs his own series. I wonder where the rest of the season is going to go from this point.

And, yes, Lawless looked fucking smokin'.
Old 10-23-07, 09:18 PM

I think this show is really on the rebound from last season. I was worried that the show would fizzle out, but I'm pretty optimistic now.
Old 10-23-07, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Considering past seasons, I was pretty surprised by Cheryl. It's not like Larry has changed at all. I seem to remember in Season 3 (or 4?) where they had a flashback to when they got married and Larry was trying to convince Cheryl that she couldn't possibly want to marry him, he was a terrible person, etc.
Old 10-24-07, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Birrman54
Considering past seasons, I was pretty surprised by Cheryl. It's not like Larry has changed at all. I seem to remember in Season 3 (or 4?) where they had a flashback to when they got married and Larry was trying to convince Cheryl that she couldn't possibly want to marry him, he was a terrible person, etc.
And poor Larry wasted his one free chance to cheat card. I would have loved to see Larry nail Lucy Lawless. That would have been great. I was thinking that Cheryl would see them together and then realize that she wants him back. I hope that he stays single for a while.

I was expecting the Black Family to choose Cheryl.
Old 10-24-07, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by mdc3000
Larry's only redeeming qualities are that he always has mints, tissues and a pen... other than that, he's an asshole...that was pretty hilarious. Another solid episode... I thought season 4 was the lowpoint, so I'm surprised to hear some people not enjoying this season...I think it's been one of the best yet. Leon is hilarious... I love when the doctor tries to explain to Larry what happened, Larry's not getting it but Leon states it so matter of factly: "Twisted balls Larry"... awesome.
Thanks - I must have been on autopilot because I watched it the second time and caught all the pertinent info.
Old 10-24-07, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
This ep. could've been a good series finale: Larry alone, ice on his sack (series started w/the pants tent), Tivo frozen w/the score tied, all his "friends" going with Cheryl.
Old 10-24-07, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by uteotw
This ep. could've been a good series finale: Larry alone, ice on his sack (series started w/the pants tent), Tivo frozen w/the score tied, all his "friends" going with Cheryl.

No offense, but I think that would be an awful series finale.
Old 10-24-07, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by John Slider
No offense, but I think that would be an awful series finale.
Why? It would fit.

In reality, although extremely funny to watch, Larry is a terrible person and deserves to be divorced and without any friends.
Old 10-24-07, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by whoopdido
Why? It would fit.

In reality, although extremely funny to watch, Larry is a terrible person and deserves to be divorced and without any friends.
I disagree with the idea that Larry is a terrible person, or an asshole. I think he's right a lot of the time, but most people wouldn't want to confront the people he goes off on. I can't argue that he's an asshole some of the time, but those times are when he seems to go to the extreme (like the Funkhouser memorial flowers), rather than the norm.

Really, considering the circumstances that may have lead to certain actions, do you all think Larry is an asshole?
Old 10-25-07, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by andicus
Really, considering the circumstances that may have lead to certain actions, do you all think Larry is an asshole?
He CAN be an asshole, but I don't think he actually is one.
Old 10-25-07, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by movieking
I was expecting the Black Family to choose Cheryl.
Not a chance.

Larry keeps them in soft toilet paper.
Old 10-25-07, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Another great episode. This season has just been incredible.
Old 10-25-07, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by andicus
I disagree with the idea that Larry is a terrible person, or an asshole. I think he's right a lot of the time, but most people wouldn't want to confront the people he goes off on. I can't argue that he's an asshole some of the time, but those times are when he seems to go to the extreme (like the Funkhouser memorial flowers), rather than the norm.

I agree with you; everything he does is at least understandable.
Old 10-25-07, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by actionjackson29
I agree with you; everything he does is at least understandable.
right, he's just not capable of letting smaller things go.

I've never thought Larry was an asshole, he's just a bit weird and socially inept.

And besides, he loaned that guy 10K and gave Lewis a kidney, donates to environmental groups, etc. On the surface he's a pretty stand up guy (until you get to know him).
Old 10-25-07, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The Tivo guy at the beginning managed to make me laugh with his limited material. Especially when he sneaked in "One of my top 5 episodes of all-time."