Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dexter - "An Inconvenient Lie" - 10/14/07

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-07, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
If the Lila story line goes any futher than where it is right now in terms of jealousy/cheating on Rita, I'll be very disappointed.
Old 10-18-07, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Gunde
If the Lila story line goes any futher than where it is right now in terms of jealousy/cheating on Rita, I'll be very disappointed.
Considering that in season one, he didn't like sex or physical contact, and only did it for Rita, I agree.
Old 10-18-07, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loving this season and I think this was the best ep so far... love that Deb came up with the common thread... if she ever finds out the truth about Dexter, I think she'd kill herself! Michael C. Hall was awesome during that NA meeting scene...
Old 10-18-07, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts
I got the impression from the first season that many of the people Dexter killed had clean records and aren't even suspected of murder, and that Dexter was the only one who knew of their dirty deeds. The commonalities so far are based on 2 people who have criminal records, but that thread won't extend to all of those identified. Either that will wind up being a dead-end, or it could get the Police Department to investigate further into the lives of those who appear to be clean.
Old 10-18-07, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I remember a few people he killed in the first season were criminals who happened to get off on technicalities despite being guilty.

Someone like that car salesman dude obviously wouldn't fit the pattern.

Dexter was often able to use his detective skills to find the bad guys, but I think most of the time, he knew who they were based on his work and the criminals that slipped through the judicial system.
Old 10-18-07, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts
There were definitely some who fell through the cracks of the judicial system, but there some who killed without being noticed. You can see a list of Dexter's victims explaining why each victim deserved to die:

http://dexterwiki.sho.com/page/Dexter's+Victims?t=anon

Of course these are just his victims from the first season, we know he killed more in the past... but it seems he mostly targets those are unsuspecting killers.

Last edited by Coral; 10-18-07 at 10:02 PM.