TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House - "97 Seconds" - 10/09/07

Old 10-10-07, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Timber
I really like seeing Forman as House. It's been obvious for years that that was going to be how he was going to turn out but it was still nice to see.
Funny too how Foreman did what House would've done and saved the woman's life by ignoring boss' direction, yet it got Foreman fired. Bummer.
Old 10-10-07, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk God

i think the whole point of the foreman part of the episode.. was to show that house tactics will get you in trouble in most cases.. house just built his rep and is surrounded by people that let him get away with it for the greater good

i dont see any of the original 3 returning.. wouldnt make since to return to an intern role.. and i really dont care for their apperances.. they can go away

i guess im good with dr death not being fired, since as long as she is around, there is a chance that the bitch doesnt make the final cut... besides, she did immediately come up with the correct diagnoses, just made a mistake while treating it.
Old 10-10-07, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by twikoff
i think the whole point of the foreman part of the episode.. was to show that house tactics will get you in trouble in most cases.. house just built his rep and is surrounded by people that let him get away with it for the greater good
Which is linked to Cuddy's passive behavior. You either trust House(Foreman) or you don't. There isn't any middle ground.
Old 10-10-07, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I kinda like seeing the old trio because they get to give House grief and a bit his own medicine back in his face, keeps House a bit more grounded.
Old 10-10-07, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Im ok with foreman.. because there was a point to that storyline.. and it shows he did something from his experience with house..

but the other 2 went down pretty normal roads.. nothing special from their experience..
Old 10-10-07, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i dont see any of the original 3 returning.. wouldnt make since to return to an intern role.. and i really dont care for their apperances.. they can go away
I agree, though I guess Foreman could return and be that grounding House needs once in a while.

Cameron and Chase can move and practice medicine elsewhere.

I realize there'd only be Robert Sean Leonard and Lisa Edelstein, but why are the others in the opening credits? They're making what amounts to cameo appearances. I don't see how they can effectively be used in the future.
Old 10-10-07, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, a Schrodinger's cat physics joke on prime time TV! I did a double-take on that one.

Or did I?
Old 10-10-07, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

but the other 2 went down pretty normal roads.. nothing special from their experience..
At least Chase is a surgeon, Cameron is working in the ER. Seems like a waste of her intern time.

Perhaps Foreman gets his own team at Princeton Plains with the the 13, 6/9 and the completive one while Chase/Cameron work with House along with the black Mormon. I could deal with that.
Old 10-10-07, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know about the hierarchy of medicine, but it seems Cameron would put her diagnostic skills to more use in the ER than Chase would in the OR.
Old 10-10-07, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wmansir
I don't know about the hierarchy of medicine, but it seems Cameron would put her diagnostic skills to more use in the ER than Chase would in the OR.
I don't think either would be using their diagnostic skills much. The kind of things she saw/learned about as part of House's team aren't going to be diagnosed or treated in the ER.
Old 10-10-07, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Flave
Wow, a Schrodinger's cat physics joke on prime time TV! I did a double-take on that one.

Or did I?
Wasn't that last week?

das
Old 10-10-07, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Timber
At least Chase is a surgeon, Cameron is working in the ER. Seems like a waste of her intern time.

Perhaps Foreman gets his own team at Princeton Plains with the the 13, 6/9 and the completive one while Chase/Cameron work with House along with the black Mormon. I could deal with that.
This is where I think we're headed...two diagnostic teams, with some combination of the six or seven (I think the fraud ends up staying on, and I hope he does, as an assistant).
Old 10-10-07, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Wasn't that last week?

das
Ummm, probably. Was catching up on recorded programming last night.
Old 10-10-07, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I love House, but I dont know how much more he can realisticly get away with...wouldnt sticking a knife in a socket be classified as a suicide attempt? How do they just dismiss that? Thought the scene where he told the guy that "he told him so" was very telling. Guess he didnt see any angels or butterflies~
Old 10-10-07, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by abrg923
This is where I think we're headed...two diagnostic teams, with some combination of the six or seven (I think the fraud ends up staying on, and I hope he does, as an assistant).
Thats what I think would happen also. Forman comes back and leads a team of Kumar, 13 & morman. House leads Chase, Cameron & fraud guy.
Old 10-10-07, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I am anticipating some time with the hospital shrink for House after his "experiment" with "electricity".
Old 10-10-07, 03:02 PM

So did House electrocute himself because he wanted to experience the high that the guy described? Or was it that he wanted to know firsthand whether or not there was "something else" out there beyond death?

I took it as the latter, but some people have said that they thought he did it for the high. The 97 seconds of bliss that was "better than any drug". Now I'm not so sure myself. I guess I can see both points of view.
Old 10-10-07, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My favorite part of this episode was House revealing his own nicknames for the candidates once they took off their numbers. (Although anyone's guess as to what is his nickname for "#13" which he almost revealed before stopping himself and reverting back to saying #13. I go with "One Who Give Me a Boner" as my guess )

House's electrocuting himself, though, was pretty weak. I assume it was to confirm or deny what that patient told him, but it's too implausible that he would risk his own life and health for just that. As weak as it was, Hugh Laurie is such a good actor that he handled it pretty well.
Old 10-10-07, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

House to Cameron: "You hair make you look like a hooker... I like it."
Old 10-10-07, 08:02 PM

None of the docs on House's teams are interns, they are fellows. They have been docs for several years already.
intern-->resident-->fellow(optional)
Old 10-11-07, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by heavy liquid
So did House electrocute himself because he wanted to experience the high that the guy described? Or was it that he wanted to know firsthand whether or not there was "something else" out there beyond death?

I took it as the latter, but some people have said that they thought he did it for the high. The 97 seconds of bliss that was "better than any drug". Now I'm not so sure myself. I guess I can see both points of view.
I thought the two were essentially the same thing. The bliss is equated to what supposedly is part of the after life.
Old 10-12-07, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I know I'm late realizing this, and I'm sorry if it's been posted already but I just realized that "Amber", the cut throat chick, is the same actress who plays Alby Grant's SMOKIN' HOT loyal psycho nurse wife with the crazy eyes on "Big Love".

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0240043/

Last edited by Giantrobo; 10-12-07 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-12-07, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Holy shit, you're right (about her being the same actress, the smokin hot stuff we might disagree on )!

How did I miss that?
Old 10-12-07, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I didn't notice 13 was the lesbian chick from the OC. Although I knew she looked familiar.
Old 10-12-07, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

How the heck are Jennifer Morrison, Jesse Spencer and Omar Epps still getting credited as regulars when they all barely have any screen time? I'm sure they are still enjoying their "regular" star pay checks for hardly doing any work.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.