Search this Thread

Old 10-09-07, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
The Official 2007-08 Fall Shows given Full Seasons Thread

The 1st honor goes to:

Gossip Girl

http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TV...port/700000049

Breaking: First Full-Season Pickup Goes to...
... CW's guilty and pleasurable Gossip Girl!

A network spokesperson confirms that the increasingly addictive Josh Schwartz confection has been greenlit for a full, 22-episode season.

Although its ratings have been only so-so, GG has seen substantial gains once DVR usage is factored in. And buoyed by strong word-of-mouth, the show's two most recent episodes rank among the top 5 downloaded shows on iTunes. Oh, look — a quote from CW head Dawn Ostroff!

"People everywhere are talking about Gossip Girl and we believe this show will continue to build audience as it builds buzz. Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage have created an incredibly heightened-reality world that viewers are locking into while advertisers, affiliates and press have also embraced the show. The series has earned its early pick-up and we look forward to a long run on The CW."

Are you as enthused about GG's pickup as Ostroff? Well, see that pretty white box down there? Use it!
Old 10-09-07, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
That is extremely, but satisfingly, suprising.
Old 10-09-07, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, I'm shocked...but glad... I hope some other new shows get full pickups soon (Chuck, Pushing Daisies, Life)
Old 10-09-07, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sweet, weekly NYC catfights on the CW!
Old 10-09-07, 03:37 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Sweet, weekly NYC catfights on the CW!
I think CW just had to cling onto something sooner or later and hope it gains popularity.
Old 10-09-07, 06:31 PM

I just hope with this news they pick a direction for this show and stick with it.
Old 10-18-07, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk God

More shows picked up for full seasons:

Big Bang Theory

Private Practice

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...tice/800025048

As for current shows, CBS has ordered a full season for The Unit.
Old 10-18-07, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Woot to PRIVATE PRACTICE!!! Although I must say I'm expecting "Gossip Girl" or "Private Practice" to move time-slots soonish...
Old 10-19-07, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I’m glad The Big Bang Theory has been picked up for a full season. It’s not a great, groundbreaking comedy that’ll change primetime, but it’s a fun, leave your brain at the door comedy & it’s probably the only good “sitcom” on CBS now that The King of Queens is over.

I really hope Pushing Daisies gets a full season order. I don’t think the show will stay on the level of high quality it’s on now, for multiple seasons; but if they have a 22 + episode first season, then have a second season, but with a shorter episode order; I think it’ll be fine.

I know it’s not exactly on-topic but Kitchen Nightmares has a 10 more episode order for next season.
Old 10-23-07, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Pushing Daisies just got picked up for a full season.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...28e482d29cb24e

ABC has picked up fantasy dramedy “Pushing Daisies” for a full season.

The back-nine order brings the total order to the Warner Bros. TV-produced freshman series to 22 episodes.

Additionally, ABC has ordered three more scripts from rookie comedy “Carpoolers.”

In its first three airings, “Daisies” has been a solid ratings performer, winning its Wednesday 8 p.m. hour in the adults 18-49 demographic. It also earned the strongest reviews of any new series this year.

“Daisies” is the second freshman ABC series to receive a full-season pickup following the order last week for “Daisies’” lead-out on Wednesday, medical drama “Private Practice.”

“Carpoolers,” which revolves around four guys carpooling to work, hails from ABC Studios, DreamWorks TV and 3 Arts.

Last edited by DJariya; 10-23-07 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-23-07, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Good deal.
Old 10-24-07, 12:00 AM

Ah here the thread is. I couldn't find it this morning when I was posting the Pushing Daisies news.

This should be made a sticky!

Chris
Old 10-24-07, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Jadzia:
Can you make this a sticky? I think this is a good thread to centralize all the news of shows getting the back 9 orders for this season.
Old 10-24-07, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
Jadzia:
Can you make this a sticky? I think this is a good thread to centralize all the news of shows getting the back 9 orders for this season.
Ok, thread has been stuck.

I was worried we were getting too many stickies at the top of the forum, so I finally did some long overdue house-cleaning and merged all the "how-to" threads to one sticky.

Hope this is better for all.
Old 10-24-07, 10:04 AM

Perfect!

Chris
Old 10-24-07, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk God

More full season news:

EOnline is reporting that FOX ordered a full season of Back to you. Instead of 9 more episodes, they ordered 11.

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristi...id=fd-hot3-txt
Old 10-25-07, 10:31 AM

http://www.starmagazine.com/private_...tainment/13185

Private Practice Gets Full Season!

There will be plenty more pages for Dr. Addison Montgomery, Kate Walsh's character on Private Practice. ABC has picked up the Grey's Anatomy spin-off for an entire season. With an average of 13.4 million viewers, Private Practice is this fall's most watched new show.

CBS' freshman comedy The Big Bang Theory and CW's Gossip Girl were also part of the first batch of new shows to earn a full-season commitment.

Of course, not all the new shows can be winners. Viva Laughlin, CBS' musical TV murder mystery, was yanked after just two airings. Also, cut off was CW's Online Nation.

Chris
Old 10-30-07, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Samantha Who got a full season pickup. Guess Dancing with the Stars helped it big time.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...32e57e6939774b

ABC handed out a full-season pickup to the comedy "Samantha Who?"

The back-nine order Tuesday morning followed a strong third showing for "Samantha" on Monday night when the comedy starring Christina Applegate scored its best rating to date -- 4.9/11 among adults 18-49.

With its strong start behind "Dancing With the Stars," "Samantha" solidified its position as the top-rated new comedy and as ABC's first breakout comedy hit in years.

The series, from ABC Studios, took a big step toward a full-season pickup last week, when it received an order for six additional scripts.

"Samantha," which stars Applegate as a woman with amnesia, joins ABC's dramas "Private Practice" and "Pushing Daisies," which also have full-season pickups.
Old 11-16-07, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not quite sure what it means with the strike, but ABC finally gave Dirty Sexy Money a back-nine order today.
Old 11-17-07, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk God

If the negotiations on the 26th come through, then I will expect a few more shows getting back 9 orders.

I think Moonlight is a strong candidate for CBS. Women's Murder Club has done quite well and I would expect that to get the nod.
Old 11-26-07, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Chuck And Life Got Full Seasons!!!

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...Life/800028281

PLEASE STRIKE END THIS WEEK!!!
Old 11-26-07, 07:01 PM

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.a...=20071126nbc02

[11.26.07 - 04:16 PM]
NBC GIVES PICKUPS TO PROMISING FRESHMAN DRAMAS 'CHUCK' AND 'LIFE' FOR NINE EPISODES TO COMPLETE 2007-08 SEASON
Released by NBC

[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NBC GIVES PICKUPS TO PROMISING FRESHMAN DRAMAS 'CHUCK' AND 'LIFE' FOR NINE EPISODES TO COMPLETE 2007-08 SEASON

BURBANK -- November 26, 2007 -- NBC has picked up the freshman dramas "Chuck" (Mondays, 8-9 p.m. ET) and "Life" (Wednesdays, 10-11 p.m. ET) for nine more episodes -- or the balance of the 2007-08 season -- it was announced today by Ben Silverman, Co-Chairman, NBC Entertainment and Universal Media Studios.

"'Chuck' and 'Life' stand out in a crowded TV landscape because they are smart, well-produced series with incredibly talented casts," said Silverman. "Both shows are hitting their stride creatively, have developed loyal audiences and offer unlimited potential to grow throughout the season."

"Chuck" is averaging a 3.4 rating, 9 share in adults 18-49 and 8.4 million viewers overall this season. "Chuck" has been delivering competitive results in the Monday 8-9 p.m. (ET) slot and has increased its adult 18-49 rating from half-hour to half-hour with each of its nine Monday telecasts to date. "Chuck's" average 3.1 rating in adults 18-49 for the November sweep has kept NBC on pace with its rating in the time period during last May's sweep with "Deal or No Deal."

"Life" is averaging a 3.0 rating, 9 share in adults 18-49 and 8.0 million viewers overall for the season to date. With its November 14 telecast, "Life" retained its full adult 18-49 lead-in from "Bionic Woman" for the first time and attracted its biggest overall audience in four weeks. Season to date, "Life" is winning its competitive time period among men 18-34 opposite CBS's "CSI: Miami" and ABC's "Dirty Sexy Money."

From Rand Ravich ("The Astronaut's Wife"), Far Shariat ("Confessions of a Dangerous Mind"), and Dan Sackheim -- who directed the pilot of NBC's "Heroes" -- "Life" is a first-year drama about a detective who is given a second chance. Damian Lewis ("Band of Brothers") stars as complex, offbeat Detective Charlie Crews, who returns to the force after years in prison, thanks to close friend and attorney Constance Griffiths (Brooke Langton), after serving time in prison for a crime he didn't commit.

The cast also includes Sarah Shahi ("Rush Hour 3") as Charlie's skeptical, demanding partner, Robin Weigart (HBO's "Deadwood") as their hard-hitting lieutenant, and Adam Arkin ("Chicago Hope") as former cellmate Ted Early.

"Life" is a Universal Media Studios production. Rand Ravich is executive producer and writer; Far Shariat and Dan Sackheim are executive producers on the series.

From executive producer, Josh Schwartz ("The O.C.") and executive producer-director McG ("Charlie's Angels," "We Are Marshall") comes "Chuck," a one-hour, action-comedy series about Chuck Bartowski (Zachary Levi, "Less Than Perfect") -- a computer geek who is catapulted into a new career as the government's most vital secret agent. When Chuck opens an e-mail subliminally encoded with government secrets, he unwittingly downloads an entire server of sensitive data into his brain. Now, the fate of the world lies in the unlikely hands of a guy who works at a Buy More Electronics store. Instead of fighting computer viruses, he must now confront assassins and international terrorists.

With the government's most precious secrets in Chuck's head, Major John Casey of the National Security Agency (Adam Baldwin, "My Bodyguard") assumes the responsibility of protecting him. His partner is the CIA's top agent (and Chuck's first date in years), Sarah Walker (Yvonne Strahovski, "Gone"). They'll try to keep him safe by trading in his pocket protector for a bulletproof vest. Also starring are Joshua Gomez ("Without a Trace") as Morgan Grimes, Chuck's best buddy, and Sarah Lancaster ("What About Brian?") as Chuck's ever-supportive sister, Ellie.

Josh Schwartz and Chris Fedak wrote, "Chuck," which is produced by College Hill Pictures, Wonderland Sound and Vision, in association with Warner Bros. Television.
Why not the hell Journeyman?

Chris
Old 11-26-07, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I'm glad that Life and Chuck has been given full season order.
Old 11-29-07, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Chuck And Life Got Full Seasons!!!

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...Life/800028281

PLEASE STRIKE END THIS WEEK!!!
This is the best news that I've heard ALL day! Outstanding news.