Smallville -- "Kara" -- 10/04/07

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-07, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Smallville -- "Kara" -- 10/04/07

"Kara"
Spoiler:
Clark and Lois meet Smallville's newest arrival face-to-face, and she has some surprising news. Clark decides to leave Smallville and continue with his superhero training but Jor-El informs him that a new Kryptonian menace has arisen.

First Aired: Thursday October 4, 2007
Old 10-04-07, 04:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
So are they going with the
Spoiler:
Kara is older, she left Krypton before Kal, and has been here longer angle? If so will she be stronger and faster due eing exposed to yellow rays for a longer time then Kal? I mean hell, she's flying and she seems like she's been doing for some time.That's what they're doing with the current Supergirl in the comics

It kinda seems that way based on what I saw last week.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 10-04-07 at 04:57 AM.
Old 10-04-07, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bump
Old 10-04-07, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
Thanks Jadzia!

Looking forward to seeing tonight's episode and learning more about Super Girl.

I wonder if she will keep the name Kara or go by the Alias "Linda Lee" as in the film, which sucked BTW.
Old 10-04-07, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe she'll be Linda Danvers.
Old 10-04-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
god
not only do they bring lana back in 1 episode, lex easily tracks her down less than a full ep later
WHY CAN"T SHE DIE AND STAY DEAD
Old 10-04-07, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess George Lucas is going to sue them for that Jor-El line. OTOH, roftl
Old 10-04-07, 08:04 PM

yah couldve done without the lana/lois shit
Old 10-04-07, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The best part was when Clark caught Kara by the legs and body slammed her into the ground. Nice.

I like the new editor, Michael Cassidy is a good addition to the cast (he was good on "The O.C.", and the only one worth watching on "Hidden Palms"). Enjoyed him interjecting some family competition between Lois and Chloe.

Kara's presence is going to ground Clark to Smallville for a while longer. He's going to need to give her some secret identity lessons, though.
Old 10-04-07, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Spoiler:
A cloned Lana?! Did I miss something from last season? I know Lex had all those experiments going on, but this seemed to come out of nowhere.

And Lois getting it on the noggin twice for trying to get a scoop on the spaceship seemed a bit much.

The new editor reminds me too much of that quack Kevin Trudeau, but maybe that was an inspired bit of casting. They're both very feisty and cocky.
Old 10-04-07, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mikehunt
god
not only do they bring lana back in 1 episode, lex easily tracks her down less than a full ep later
WHY CAN"T SHE DIE AND STAY DEAD
certainly didn't take long for him to find her even if she did "leave a trail for him to find." should be interesting to see how that story line develops.

clark manhandling kara was pretty funny. kara is certainly good looking
Old 10-04-07, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Lex finding Lana so fast, Lana being cloned, and Lois getting hit twice were all pretty lame.

The new editor seems ok.

Kara was pretty cool. Kinda of surprised she didn't know about Krypton. With another hot girl in, it is getting crowded. I think they really should have gotten rid of Chloe in the finale. Her character just feels like even more of a filler now.
Old 10-04-07, 10:20 PM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by dpz301
.... kara is certainly good looking
Her face has the shape of a baboon to me. I'm glad they dumped the tube top/ daisy dukes look at the end.
Old 10-04-07, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Not enough Kara but I still liked tonight's ep.

I don't care about Lana, Lois, or Lois' cousin on this show and Lex needs a "Mercy".

Was Mercy ever on the show?

Last edited by Giantrobo; 10-04-07 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-05-07, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Solid episode. I don't really like the Lois/Chloe thing and them working together, but i do like the new editor guy, great addition. The Lana Lex story is getting a little tired, but if thats what they need to do to make him more evil that is a good thing. Loved Kara, that actress is beautiful, and has some great chemistry with Tom Welling. I am looking foreword to see what this season has to offer, interesting story line with the government knowing about the ship/crystal. I love Smallville.
Old 10-05-07, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by leacha
Her face has the shape of a baboon to me. I'm glad they dumped the tube top/ daisy dukes look at the end.
i think her face is too skinny. like an ethiopian kid or something.
Old 10-05-07, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
So are they going with the
Spoiler:
Kara is older, she left Krypton before Kal, and has been here longer angle? If so will she be stronger and faster due eing exposed to yellow rays for a longer time then Kal? I mean hell, she's flying and she seems like she's been doing for some time.That's what they're doing with the current Supergirl in the comics

It kinda seems that way based on what I saw last week.

Yes Giantobo. That's the "angle" they're using.
Old 10-05-07, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have to agree. This was a really decent episode! Just about everything really worked - and well! Let's hope the writers can use everything they introduced and spark out with to keep the stories going like this every week!!!!
Old 10-05-07, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Great episode, I thought. Lots of mythos, and Clark seemed really Supermanly helping Kara out. Of course, Lana returns to Smallville next week, so we'll get lovesick Clark who could care less about his destiny because 'LAH-NAH?'
Old 10-05-07, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Great Episode. Just give me Kara flipping out trying to kill Clark, due to her fathers programing, and I'm happy.
Old 10-05-07, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Another top notch episode (season is off to a great start). For some reason I was ROFL during the "That's what happens when you touch my stuff" line.
Old 10-05-07, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm shocked you guys all liked the editor. The more Smallville I watch (and I've loved the show since the beginning) the more I feel like I'm watching Kid Nation. That dude's, like, what - 25, 26? Retarded. It even sounded like they had to throw his voice to make him sound older. Bring back David St. Hubbins as Perry White, I say.

-Doc
Old 10-05-07, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
The best part was when Clark caught Kara by the legs and body slammed her into the ground. Nice.

I like the new editor, Michael Cassidy is a good addition to the cast (he was good on "The O.C.", and the only one worth watching on "Hidden Palms"). Enjoyed him interjecting some family competition between Lois and Chloe.

Kara's presence is going to ground Clark to Smallville for a while longer. He's going to need to give her some secret identity lessons, though.
I liked Michael Cassidy too. Young and nice to look at but how can he be the Editor of a Newspaper at his age?

Enjoyed the episode although the actress playing Kara could use a bit of help in the acting Department.
I thought it was pretty dumb that Lex could find Lana that quick but I guess they had to get her back.
So I wonder when we are going to find out more about Chloes powers.
Old 10-05-07, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Considering Clark's mom (now only a guest star at times) is married to David St. Hubbins, that's probably not going to happen easily.
Old 10-05-07, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Loved the 1st two shows, everything seemed to be clicking.

So, Lana really did die, just like the writers said, "one of the main characters will die".

Season 7 is shaping up to be a real "Super" season.

One small point, when Kara landed next to her space ship, she was standing next to some Kryptonite but felt no weakness.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.